Elliot Anderson (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

joeyt

Struggling to get past feeling sad seeing a local talent go even though it is a fantastic price. I feel a big part of the last couple of years for me has been the sense of pride in seeing more local lads and boyhood fans in the squad, even when Longstaff had me tearing my hair out last season.

Good luck to him. He seems a great lad and he has talent imo.

If you decide to believe we got the upper reported price for him while simultaneously decide to believe we paid the lowest reported price for Odyssey I guess you could argue it was a good deal.

Was fuming over this on Saturday and yesterday, but if the club was seriously expecting a 10 point deduction if they breached PSR I have more understanding for how desperate the situation was. I was thinking we'd be risking at most 4 points based on Forests deduction.

30 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I thought he had declared for Scotland, his Wiki says he has, but now you question it i'm not 100% sure. 

Think there was rumours of an England u21 call up, at the time of a Scotland full call up which made him withdraw from a squad If memory serves. I could be talking utter bollocks too mind. Well apart from him withdrawing from the Scotland Squad as that definitely happened.

3 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Has anyone watched his first interview? You can tell it’s a move he wasn’t  prepared for. 

I haven't but I'm not surprised. Eddie's constantly touted him for big things at the club. 

I'd like to hear Eddies comments about it, not that he'd say anything bad. Just interested to see any tells that he's disappointed, or whether he's just been blowing smoke up Elliots arse for the past year or 2. 

This isn't mean to be a dig at Eddie btw. He's just hard to read, purposely. 

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

If things go well for him at Forest, there's a decent enough chance he'll have an opportunity to come back in the future.

Hope he makes the most of the opportunity.

I’d like to think we’ll be a bit better than him in the future tbh 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I’d like to think we’ll be a bit better than him in the future tbh 

All depends on how well he does though, you just never know. 

Could see him having a bit of a Milner arch and just becoming a really professional, versatile and tactically flexible player that contributes to an overall team performance.

Milner was key for both Man City and then Liverpool at various points.

I hope that for him anyway.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Could see him having a bit of a Milner arch and just becoming a really professional, versatile and tactically flexible player that contributes to an overall team performance.

I hope he has a great career but I’m yet to see anything about him to suggest a Milner arch. Just don’t see what he even is in a team.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I hope he has a great career but I’m yet to see anything about him to suggest a Milner arch. Just don’t see what he even is in a team.

When he was with us, no-one saw anything to suggest Milner would go on to have the career he has.  His thread is full of posts like this.

On 29/01/2008 at 22:31, KaKa said:

This guy is unbelievably awful, awful, awful, awful, awful ... never a winger, and I doubt he can play through the middle. He is responsible for the few good things we do falling to pieces.

Bad news kiddies. Apparently Routledge is on his way to Villa too. I've said time and time and time and time again that he is far better than Milner, but I was laughed at.

Well we'll soon find out. I will surely have the last laugh.

We'd better get in someone else who can play on the right, because this guy is not a good footballer, especially on a team that lacks quality overall.

On 29/01/2008 at 22:38, Mr. Snrub said:

Milner seems like a canny lad but at the end of the day he is just not good enough.

A new right winger should be one of the main priorities.

On 01/02/2008 at 21:13, chicago_shearer said:

He isn't a scapegoat.  It's that he's a rotation player turned into a regular first teamer because of poor transfer policy and some people expect too much from him.  He's a decent young player in a league of Petrovs, Ronaldos, Bentleys, SWPS and Ashley Youngs.  This isn't his level and people need to stop being sentimental and accept that fact. 

At the moment, I hope he can stop being so crap and help us work our way up the league.  But next year, we need to cut him loose and upgrade to a real Premiership winger.

6 minutes ago, Troll said:

When he was with us, no-one saw anything to suggest Milner would go on to have the career he has.  His thread is full of posts like this.

That's exactly why I mentioned Milner!

Thought he was really poor for us especially on the wing.

The side was poor at the time, which definitely didn't help.

Milner figured it out though, and ended up doing really well through the middle.

I was really disappointed when we sold Milner. Not that he’d shown anything amazing for us but his commitment and desire to always give everything was very welcome as well as the fact he was young and it was clear he’d develop further 

17 minutes ago, Troll said:

Don’t recall it like that, despite the evidence of people on here expressing negative views about him. He was still a teenager, and our player with the most potential, when he first went to Villa. Has been great since then and always looked like he would from my perspective (I was gutted when he was permanently transferred to them). That said, I do hope Anderson fulfills his potential and also has a great PL career. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Good Lord. :lol:

By the time Milner was Anderson’s age he had 13 premier league goals and you said he was awful awful awful. Anderson has 0 and you’re saying he could go on to have a career like he is and hopefully come back to NUFC. You’re an amusing mofo, I’ll give you that.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Good Lord. :lol:

By the time Milner was Anderson’s age he had 13 premier league goals and you said he was awful awful awful. Anderson has 0 and you’re saying he could go on to have a career like he is and hopefully come back to NUFC. You’re an amusing mofo, I’ll give you that.

My friend ... I said a Milner arch, as in going on to improve after leaving, and explained the type of player I thought he could become i.e. a reliable, flexible and dependable type that is good tactically.

This doesn't mean the same career on the same timeline.

But don't let me ruin your party. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself and having  a good time.

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Every single Newcastle fan I spoke to was delighted with 13m for Milner at the time :lol:

He was no better than Darren Ambrose was for us.

I think that was because we were lead to believe a young Bastian Schweinsteiger was replacing him until it turned out MA had stictched up KK. Remember JM looking good in a new role KK played him in. His best game turning out to be his last iirc (Coventry in the cup?).

I'm pretty sure I thought Milner was a quality young player. Remember him putting some great crosses in from the right that never came to anything because Martins never attacked the ball! Mind you it's entirely possible he never played in the same team as Martins, it's quite a while ago now!

16 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I think that was because we were lead to believe a young Bastian Schweinsteiger was replacing him until it turned out MA had stictched up KK. Remember JM looking good in a new role KK played him in. His best game turning out to be his last iirc (Coventry in the cup?).

Yeah, I remember flashes of that. I just hated the way he crossed the ball for us, he seemed to float everything diagonally meaning our strikers needed to nearly break their necks to get anything on it. I remember being way more annoyed by those crosses than I perhaps should have been :lol: