Elliot Anderson (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

joeyt

43 minutes ago, TRon said:

From what I've seen he's getting to play centre midfield though, which I always assumed was his favoured position. Don't think he got that opportunity here much, he was mainly played on the left where he consistently ran into defenders.

Tbf, he played there 16 times last year.

8 minutes ago, Holloway said:

50 odd games for us, didn't see anyone raving about him tbf

tbf I thought he was decent towards the end of last season - even go as far to say he was one of our better players.  He never had a proper run of games which is something he'll get at Forrest.  I hope he does well - I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to leave. 

10 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Tbf, he played there 16 times last year.

As part of a midfield 3 where he was more left side I believe. From my recollection he ended up drifting wide quite a lot and running into defenders.

The one game of his which really stood out in memory is where he came on as a sub and I remember commenting he'd had more impact in 20mins than Longstaff had the whole game.

13 minutes ago, duo said:

tbf I thought he was decent towards the end of last season - even go as far to say he was one of our better players.  He never had a proper run of games which is something he'll get at Forrest.  I hope he does well - I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to leave. 

Aye,decent for sure,think he could have been a valuable squad player for us for a few more years, can't argue with the fee,though

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Aye,decent for sure,think he could have been a valuable squad player for us for a few more years, can't argue with the fee,though

We got nought for him really as we had to pay £20mil for a keeper we don't want. It is just on the 'books' it shows as a £35Mil sale.

Edited by duo

• 2 weeks later...

We're going to have to get used to this sort of thing. Like for a lot of clubs, buying or developing and then selling promising players has to be part of the model now and always runs the risk that some of them go on to develop into real talents.

But good for him, best wishes to him, and also hope he carries on doing well there.

1 hour ago, Fak said:

30 seconds of very ordinary highlights.

Literally split seconds of good bits which have to make you question what happened immediately before and after :lol:

I never minded the lad and he took a hell of a penalty at Blackburn but I never saw him as likely to make any step up from where he was. I hope he does well, seemed a good pro. I don't think we really had a choice but to let him go given the shit way football works these days.

He is a solid player and decent prospect but he is worth more to Forest than he is to Newcastle at this time and so it makes perfect sense to sell given the PSR world we operate in. 

Minteh is different because we actually need a right winger and so his value to our squad would have potentially been very high. 

It’s great to see he has made a solid start to his Forest career. I feel really sorry for the lad having to leave his home town club, he left because he loves the Toon, and took one for the team. Shame a few other professionals on big contracts wouldn’t do the same, when nearing the end of their first team Newcastle careers.

Hopefully if he continues to do well, it reflects well on us as a club and some of our other fringe players begin to be purchased for good money, instead of rotting and stealing a living at a club they aren’t really good enough for anymore.

I still feel Forest have underpaid us, but what could we do…

On 01/09/2024 at 09:21, TRon said:

From what I've seen he's getting to play centre midfield though, which I always assumed was his favoured position. Don't think he got that opportunity here much, he was mainly played on the left where he consistently ran into defenders.

yeah completely agree. best position for him.

19 minutes ago, Pablo said:

It’s great to see he has made a solid start to his Forest career. I feel really sorry for the lad having to leave his home town club, he left because he loves the Toon, and took one for the team. Shame a few other professionals on big contracts wouldn’t do the same, when nearing the end of their first team Newcastle careers.

Hopefully if he continues to do well, it reflects well on us as a club and some of our other fringe players begin to be purchased for good money, instead of rotting and stealing a living at a club they aren’t really good enough for anymore.

I still feel Forest have underpaid us, but what could we do…

Young lad leaves home to make his own way. Meanwhile grown up men with wives and kids aren't inclined to. Shock horror. 

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

yeah completely agree. best position for him.

That's where he wanted to be, tbf. Goes without saying, in our system, with our midfielders his time as a CM would've been limited. 

I totally disagree with that post where someone questioned his "athleticism".

Kid can run all day. Would be an ideal foil for Wharton for eg. 

10 hours ago, OpenC said:

Literally split seconds of good bits which have to make you question what happened immediately before and after :lol:

I never minded the lad and he took a hell of a penalty at Blackburn but I never saw him as likely to make any step up from where he was. I hope he does well, seemed a good pro. I don't think we really had a choice but to let him go given the shit way football works these days.

Pretty sure everything he did on that clip he did for us anyway. Twists, turns and tackling. 

A bit annoyed that he never got that loan I felt he always needed with us to a bottom half PL team or top Champo team. 
I never thought he would be a regular for us.  But he never got the chance to really develop with us. If he stays fit and gets regular minutes we’ll see the best of him.  I always felt he was a half a yard off it physically but he’s at the age now to sharpen that up.