Elliot Anderson

joeyt

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

8 goals in 42 appearances from CM in league one.  On the face of it, that's as if not more impressive?  

Not sure he was a standout in the Blackpool team like Anderson seems to be for the Gas though 

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

8 goals in 42 appearances from CM in league one.  On the face of it, that's as if not more impressive?  

That’s about his level.

I think there were some stats posted a little while ago which suggest Elliot wouldn't look out of place in the Championship next year?  Guess that is where he needs to be heading.

Can't just assume he'll make it with us, but it is a really positive story so far. 

Elliot Anderson - 8

The difference. Rovers were superior but struggling to break through Salford's defences, but with Anderson the Gas always have a chance. He was unlucky to see a long-range bullet swerve wide in the first half, but he gave the keeper no chance in the second half with an arrow lashed into the bottom corner.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Chopra at Forest

Didn’t chopra score 5 goals in one game for Watford on loan too 

Dummett at St Mirren. Won the league cup

Edited by gdm

Gashead here.

My fri night is so exciting I checked out another clubs forum (yours) and wanted to add a few comment.

Billy as he's now known:

Incredibly confident, he's like a player with 15 yrs experience. I was thinking today that it maybe that he's 19 and hasn't really had time to think about how well he's doing, possibly if he starts doing that he may lose his nerve.

His strength, we get loanees from higher than us clubs each season, they are full of technique but not the strongest. Billy is like a bulldozer at times, I can't remember a player of that age with so much strength before.

Style:  The body of Gerald with the mindset of Beardsley would nail it.

A couple of other things:

Please don't call us Bristol .

I think we're a decent club for his development, it's taking a while but Barton and Bond have really sorted the coaching side out, also new facilities and it's passionate down here. This might seem odd for Geordies,  but the Mem is a seriously noisy ground and we taking approx 2000 to vale on Monday, more than some prem clubs take, if we get to Wembley we will take 35k+ so please don't put us down as we're not your provincial town lacking Atmos club. 

Some of you might want to see us in the play off final if we get there, wear your colours, if he scores you won't need any beer money.

Finally, showing an interest in a player at the gas/rovers/pirates, immediately means you have a pathological hatred of the shit,  think of it as an anti red thing so that's easy.

Last time I saw you guys it was eastville friendly on a night, late 80s I think Keegan, waddle and Beardsley I think, you had a super shiny silvery kit.

That's it, TV time...

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Deanooss said:

Gashead here.

My fri night is so exciting I checked out another clubs forum (yours) and wanted to add a few comment.

Billy as he's now known:

Incredibly confident, he's like a player with 15 yrs experience. I was thinking today that it maybe that he's 19 and hasn't really had time to think about how well he's doing, possibly if he starts doing that he may lose his nerve.

His strength, we get loanees from higher than us clubs each season, they are full of technique but not the strongest. Billy is like a bulldozer at times, I can't remember a player of that age with so much strength before.

I think we're a decent club for his development, it's taking a while but Barton and Bond have really sorted the coaching side out, also new facilities and it's passionate down here. This might seem odd for Geordies,  but the Mem is a seriously noisy ground and we taking approx 2000 to vale on Monday, more than some prem clubs take, if we get to Wembley we will take 35k+ so please don't put us down as we're not your provincial town lacking Atmos club. 

Some of you might want to see us in the play off final if we get there, wear your colours, if he scores you won't need any beer money.

Finally, showing an interest in a player at the gas/rovers/pirates, immediately means you have a pathological hatred of the shit,  think of it as an anti red thing so that's easy.

Last time I saw you guys it was eastville friendly on a night, late 80s I think Keegan, waddle and Beardsley I think, you had a super shiny silvery kit.

That's it, TV time...

I’ve been to your ground with Gateshead and the atmosphere was class, and Bristol is one of my fave city’s and I think given its size, it’s about time the city had a PL team. Can we call your Rovers? That’s what I do! Oh and welcome, regardless of whether you have one of our lads at your club, it’s always nice to have other fans from other clubs on here and to hear about football that isn’t the PL or CL which dominates and saturates our game to the point its off putting.

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’ve been to your ground with Gateshead and the atmosphere was class, and Bristol is one of my fave city’s and I think given its size, it’s about time the city had a PL team. Can we call your Rovers? That’s what I do! Oh and welcome, regardless of whether you have one of our lads at your club, it’s always nice to have other fans from other clubs on here and to hear about football that isn’t the PL or CL which dominates and saturates our game to the point its off putting.

Rovers or the gas.

I don't watch any PL, sorry but it's just noughts on stock markets playing each.   One thing I've noticed going to away matches the last few years is how fewer supporters of lower league clubs are interested in the prem.

Bristol - I don't get the failure to get in the top flight, the shit will probably be getting a points deduction, not sure if that will be next season or the following so could end up with 2 clubs in the 7th biggest city in the country playing in L1.  

Rovers can't really have serious progression without a new stadium, but that's another story...

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Deanooss said:

Rovers or the gas.

I don't watch any PL, sorry but it's just noughts on stock markets playing each.   One thing I've noticed going to away matches the last few years is how fewer supporters of lower league clubs are interested in the prem.

Bristol - I don't get the failure to get in the top flight, the shit will probably be getting a points deduction, not sure if that will be next season or the following so could end up with 2 clubs in the 7th biggest city in the country playing in L1.  

Rovers can't really have serious progression without a new stadium, but that's another story...

:thup:

I’ve rarely watched NUFC the last decade never mind the PL which I find outside of NUFC dull and the same old shite almost every week, on the pitch, off it and in the media. Fingers crossed yous go up!

5 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Canny

And right out of nowhere, sat behind that goal listening to a handful of Salford fans taunting a few of ours and that goal soon made them sit down and the rest of that end explode with joy.

There's no better feeling than seeing that net bulge from another Billy bullet!

Going to miss your boy when he goes home, hopefully he returns with a promotion on his CV.

2 hours ago, Deanooss said:

Gashead here.

Billy as he's now known:

That's it, TV time...

Really disappointed with the noise levels on the terrace today and not for the first time this season.

I sat in the South Stand and until Elliot scored all we could hear were Salford boys ranting.

Never known the South stand full of young uns to be as noisy as it was today.

Vale Park Monday afternoon, I think the wide pitch will suit us and if Barton gives Luke Thomas another run out we could bag all three points, UTG.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

More I see of him the more I reckon he should be first backup for the wide areas. Get him in the squad.

Needs to go to a championship club next season. Then season after in and around the first team. Competing with carrasco, countinho and the likes. 

11 hours ago, Deanooss said:

Gashead here.

Billy as he's now known:

That's it, TV time...

I lived in Bristol for a year 15 years ago. Lovely city full of (generally) smashing folk. Went to both grounds but took a shine to Rovers over the other lot.

Was a good year for the gas as well, promotion in the playoffs at Wembley and a football league trophy final in Cardiff. Remember the carnage on Gloucester Road after the second leg of the southern final :lol:

As for the reason the city hasn't got near to having a team in the top flight for ages, surely a contributing factor is the sheer amount of Man Utd "fans" there? They seemed more prevalent there than any other place I've lived. Seem to remember the local paper advertising its sports coverage with posters headed with three photos - a city player, a Rovers player and Wayne Rooney. What a kick in the face for the two local professional clubs!!

I live in Bristol now. Love it here. 

Been to the Mem a few times to see Rovers and over to watch non-league Bath City. Not been to Ashton Gate as yet. 

Its a great city for local beers too. If you ever get the chance to try Arbor or New Bristol Brewery’s stuff, do it. You can get it in Rehills in Jesmond.