Elliot Anderson

joeyt

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

I am still going to the Carlisle vs Rovers match on Saturday, but a massive shame Elliot won't be involved. I saw on the gaschat forum a week or so ago that someone heard he won't be involved for Scotland U21's, and that England talk the other day fuelled the hope, but seems to still be included - Scotland U21s play tomorrow on BBC Scotland, so will be good to at least watch him there, assuming he plays.

Not sure who I want to win the match now that Anderson won't be there - I will be in the home end, and do like Carlisle, and 3 months ago it wouldn't even be a question, but I have been following Rovers progress since Elliot joined, and it's obviously now a much bigger game for the away side since Carlisle have won 5 of their last 6 games and are all but safe. It's been a good few years since I went to Brunton, and will be my first match of any sort since Covid. The last match I went to was the dour 0-0 with Oxford in the FA Cup, just prior to the first lockdown.

Went to Brunton Park a fair few times when I lived over there. Hope you're in the Paddock? The grief given to the opposition manager, coaches, subs and linesmen from that lot can be brilliant.

3 hours ago, Paullow said:

I am still going to the Carlisle vs Rovers match on Saturday, but a massive shame Elliot won't be involved. I saw on the gaschat forum a week or so ago that someone heard he won't be involved for Scotland U21's, and that England talk the other day fuelled the hope, but seems to still be included - Scotland U21s play tomorrow on BBC Scotland, so will be good to at least watch him there, assuming he plays.

Not sure who I want to win the match now that Anderson won't be there - I will be in the home end, and do like Carlisle, and 3 months ago it wouldn't even be a question, but I have been following Rovers progress since Elliot joined, and it's obviously now a much bigger game for the away side since Carlisle have won 5 of their last 6 games and are all but safe. It's been a good few years since I went to Brunton, and will be my first match of any sort since Covid. The last match I went to was the dour 0-0 with Oxford in the FA Cup, just prior to the first lockdown.

Elliot is confirmed to have not travelled to Scotland to train with the u21’s and has remained in Bristol. He is in the squad for Saturday. Rumour is he is holding out for England. Something both fan bases can get on board with I’m sure. I’d still try and make the game, Carlisle currently have both first choice right backs out and Joe Riley, a CM is deputising there. Billy could have a field day on Saturday. Enjoy!

Edited by stroudgas

11 hours ago, Paullow said:

The football gods have rewarded your support of Billy,he's now playing!! blanked Scotland in the hopes of a England cap.

Enjoy your day and i hope the lad delivers...for us it's the team performance that matters...3 points,up the toon,up the Gas

I still reckon we keep him at the club until January next season. Get him training week in & week out with the new players we have, give Howe a proper look at him, give him the League Cup match and some sub appearances then loan him back to Bristol Rovers if they’re in League 1 or someone in the Championship if they can guarantee him games. Doesn’t fill me with confidence that the next big call in his career will likely be Shola fucking Ameobi’s.

I think it will be Dan Ashworth's. I'd be in favour of loaning him out myself. Which league is less important than being guaranteed first team football in a suitable system under a good manager who understands the modern game. Can't believe how many players we've let rot in our reserves until their early twenties and even then when youth players get to the first team they are mostly nowhere near ready or good enough. The club's whole youth setup needs to be massively overhauled.

Proper excited about him. Though I've always had a soft spot for a local lad coming through. Taylor, Carroll, longstaffs...Just want them to be our Gerrard and boss the league with little fear of them leaving to go anywhere better.

Looks like a left-sided attacking midfielder from the bits I’ve seen, maybe left winger. Haven’t seen enough of him to know whether he can play in multiple positions but wouldn’t be surprised at all given he’s got great technique 

28 minutes ago, James said:

What positions can Anderson play and what is his best position?

Personally I think if he has a position where he can play 20 games next season then there is no need to loan.

I really don't see him getting that many games

I'd much rather he be loaned out and continue to play men's football, a season of 30+ games would be invaluable 

Then we can bring him to the first team squad to compete the season after 

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I really don't see him getting that many games

I'd much rather he be loaned out and continue to play men's football, a season of 30+ games would be invaluable 

Then we can bring him to the first team squad to compete the season after 

I'd rather we took the approach Man City took with Foden - protect him and do absolutely everything at our pace.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Luque said:

We'll be buying at least two wingers/wide attackers. Would rather he got a whole year or two on loan and came in when we have some european games going.

Have him as 4th/5th choice? Maybe even loan Murphy out for the first half of the season then in January either bring him back as the ‘back up’ winger so we can send Anderson back out, or Anderson might have impressed so much he’s playing a good amount anyway. 

5 hours ago, HawK said:

Would keep him here for the start of next season, St Maximin won't play every game, he'll get lots of opportunities imo.

this is kind of my thinking. ASM is so inconsistent both in terms of form and fitness that we either have to get someone better, or have a young player to play backup.

this would be similar to what we had with Robert and N’Zogbia with the latter getting a lot of games.

that would then allow us to invest more on a right winger and striker

18 minutes ago, James said:

this is kind of my thinking. ASM is so inconsistent both in terms of form and fitness that we either have to get someone better, or have a young player to play backup.

this would be similar to what we had with Robert and N’Zogbia with the latter getting a lot of games.

that would then allow us to invest more on a right winger and striker

Easily the last time we had a contingency plan in place with it actually working out.

8 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'd rather we took the approach Man City took with Foden - protect him and do absolutely everything at our pace.

I think it's a very different situation, City are light years ahead of us, they had so many games where they were winning that he could be brought on in or they could give him games with little pressure as they could win games easily

We aren't in that luxurious position, we don't score lots of goals (yet) and each game will be very pressurised

So is anybody else actually making the journey west along the A69? Lovely day, no Newcastle match on, a big match for Rovers, and a glimpse of young Elliot? I'm really looking forward to it. 

I'll be setting off soon, put some bets on, grab a Nando's or something, and hopefully watch a decent match between 2 in form sides. Both managers have Newcastle links as well.

I'll be sitting in the main East Stand WBCP.

Edited by Paullow

On 24/03/2022 at 18:34, GreenersGas said:

Bloody hell..you even sold it to me..UTG

Bit strange typing that up as half of it didn't apply a couple of seasons ago. Just goes to show the progress the club has made on and off the pitch.

Just need that long awaited stadium news at the Fruit Market now, and the derby days back. 

Edited by North Somerset Gas