Elliot Anderson

joeyt

7 months ago, i didn't give a shit for football. An international week would leave me in danger of forgetting football forever.

Now I'm sat here with this forum on one screen, the match on another, and the text updates for the Gas' match on a third.

And it's not even 1.30.

3 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

Top class research there lad, will definitely have a browse through them :thup:

On 23/04/2022 at 13:29, Happinesstan said:

7 months ago, i didn't give a shit for football. An international week would leave me in danger of forgetting football forever.

Now I'm sat here with this forum on one screen, the match on another, and the text updates for the Gas' match on a third.

And it's not even 1.30.

Sadly no magic from Billy yesterday, he was nullified for the first time in the quarters by the league leaders who spent the afternoon diving and trolling around, and subsequently got the point they came for a got promotion to L1 yesterday.

8 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Sadly no magic from Billy yesterday, he was nullified for the first time in the quarters by the league leaders who spent the afternoon diving and trolling around, and subsequently got the point they came for a got promotion to L1 yesterday.

You must have some chance at promotion based on the games left?

Both Northampton and Port Vale with Exeter to play and what seem like two straightforward games for you?

58 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Both Northampton and Port Vale with Exeter to play and what seem like two straightforward games for you?

The Gas lads will obviously know far more than me just looking at things completely from the outside, but they are around 4/1 for automatic promotion, so still looks a fairly long shot. I guess Rovers could batter Scunth0rpe, but realistically, Northampton just need 4 points from their 2 games (to pip Rovers), and while Exeter could still be going for the title, if they beat now safe Barrow at home on Tuesday they will have secured automatic promotion which will be their primary objective achieved. Plus Rochdale have only lost 4 of their 22 games at home, so that will likely be a tougher match than it looks on paper, and even Mansfield have it more in their own hands than Rovers, so 4/1 looks about right from the outside.

Hopefully they will sneak a top 3 finish, but if not, then there will be 2, and hopefully 3, Rovers matches on the telly, and a good chance for some of us to watch him play a professional game for the first time, outside of the very odd cameo.

18 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

You would think so, but as the late great Brian Clough once said, football is played on grass, not paper! 

I don't feel the autos coming personally, it will be tough at the Dale on Saturday, only 4 home defeats all season.

We've got more than enough to win both games, I'm sure Billy will get more space than he did against the vegetarians on Saturday.

A nervy few weeks await, if only we started the first half of the season as strongly, as much as your boys probably feel the same way too given your season.   

Billy Boy does the bizzo again. 3-4 away at Rochdale, and if results go in our favour Monday & Next Saturday then Young Elliot will be a Rovers Legend....  

I just believe in this lad so much, he is fcuking dynamite. 

Toon Army' Get behind us next weekend, pray results go our way and we will deliver back to you the boy who became a Man and will have a promotion on his CV

Not that it really matters, but was it actually Elliot's goal? BBC saying Anderson 90+5, but then running with the hattrick hero Collins in their first sentence and that he turned home Anderson's header.

What a day for the Gas. Emotional roller coaster. Passed "the mem" on the 75 bus last Friday and was thinking of the posters on here and Elliot being there. Was going over to Newport v Colchester for ground No 85 in my doing the 92 attempt. Had flown down and had time to kill so had a look at Concorde at the Aerospace museum before taking the train to Newport from Patchway station. Good luck next week.

10 minutes ago, huss9 said:

so close in that league - rovers could be up automatically or out of the playoffs completely. 

hell of a last day.

They have now officially confirmed a play off spot with that late winner, but yeah, it is ridiculously tight, and only 5 points separating 7 teams, some with a game in hand. At about 4.30pm they were 8th in the live table knowing that if it stayed that way, they might not even make the playoffs even if they won their final game, which is crazy.

It probably is looking like the playoffs, but they'll go into the final day knowing there is a chance of top 3.

Just back from one of those games that is just a mental blur now.

Absolutely crazy day out, pitch invasion, sprinklers going off, around 3000 in a state of delirium and pandemonium.

Had a handful of those types of games in 35 years as a Gashead.

To see Barton lofted on shoulders of fans on the pitch was a sight.

Billy oh Billy, when the pressure was on and the noise could have been heard in Oldham, you beauty you delivered!

Geordie boys you have a gem of a player that I'm convinced will be a very big player in the black and white stripes.

Only four games left max for us to see him wear the blue and white quarters.

And you wouldn't bet against him being the player to take us up with another big time goal.

The heart took a good thumping there today, but don't we all just love the beautiful feeling of winning football matches.

Edited by North Somerset Gas

2 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Just back from one of those games that is just a mental blur now.

Absolutely crazy day out, pitch invasion, sprinklers going off, around 3000 in a state of delirium and pandemonium.

Had a handful of those types of games in 35 years as a Gashead.

To see Barton lofted on shoulders of fans on the pitch was a sight.

Billy oh Billy, when the pressure was on and the noise could have been heard in Oldham, you beauty you delivered!

Geordie boys you have a gem of a player that I'm convinced will be a    very big player in the black and white stripes.

Only four games left max for us to see him wear the blue and white quarters.

And you wouldn't bet against him being the player to take us up with another big time goal.

The heart took a good thumping there today, but don't we all just love the beautiful feeling of winning football matches.

Well done mate. Hope you go up.