Elliot Anderson

joeyt

1 minute ago, GreenersGas said:

Been watching the Gas for 50 years and never known the anticipation and excitement to watch a player so much as this lad

I’ve started checking our your fixtures so I know when he’s next on. Hope you lads manage to sneak a promotion in 

Guest HTT II
6 hours ago, GreenersGas said:

Been watching the Gas for 50 years and never known the anticipation and excitement to watch a player so much as this lad

Wow, he must be something special like! 

6 hours ago, GreenersGas said:

Super Barry Hayles for me, similar players in the fact they both like to cut in from wide and run/ran straight at defenders, both players seem to be able to make the ball stick to the boot. 

Difference so far is Bazza scored every other game for just over 60 games for us, that takes some beating that.

Early days for Elliot, hopefully not the sort of player to spend half a career in with the physio, he seems to be handling the league 2 hairy arses very well.

I  wouldn't bet against him getting another 3 or 4 in the last 9 games and help us to promotion, a great p1ss up and more scenes on a closed Gloucester Rd where the buses get re-routed again!

Wherever his career takes him he looks like he has a very bright future in the game. 

Nervous for Northampton already, UTG.

7 hours ago, gbandit said:

I’ve started checking our your fixtures so I know when he’s next on. Hope you lads manage to sneak a promotion in 

Been doing the same thing & I know they're away to Carlisle United soon. I live in Carlisle and had planned to go to the game. It's next Saturday and I'm djing all day so I can't go. Gutted,would've loved to have watched Elliot play. 

Guest HTT II
20 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Super Barry Hayles for me, similar players in the fact they both like to cut in from wide and run/ran straight at defenders, both players seem to be able to make the ball stick to the boot. 

Difference so far is Bazza scored every other game for just over 60 games for us, that takes some beating that.

Early days for Elliot, hopefully not the sort of player to spend half a career in with the physio, he seems to be handling the league 2 hairy arses very well.

I  wouldn't bet against him getting another 3 or 4 in the last 9 games and help us to promotion, a great p1ss up and more scenes on a closed Gloucester Rd where the buses get re-routed again!

Wherever his career takes him he looks like he has a very bright future in the game. 

Hayles, that’s a name from the past, I remember him at Fulham!

1 hour ago, North Somerset Gas said:

I said exactly the same today,the two players that stood out by a country mile

3 hours ago, Gashead 73 said:

Barry Hayles, Jason Roberts & Ricky Lambert.... Three fantastic ex Gas! 

But' I think Elliot could be up there with them in Bright Lights should we win Promotion. This Lad is f****** amazing

:thup: Really appreciate your updates on here. Have such a soft spot for Barton (I know, it’s wrong to) and with Anderson there too it’s great to hear how it’s going.

17 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Another brilliant result for our new friends from the west country. :laugh:

Scoring the only goal in the first minute, those games don't come around too often. 

It's getting tight at the top now and seems we've forgotten how to lose.

Fingers crossed its a top 3 finish, this ageing ticker will struggle through the play offs!

9 hours ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Scoring the only goal in the first minute, those games don't come around too often. 

It's getting tight at the top now and seems we've forgotten how to lose.

Fingers crossed its a top 3 finish, this ageing ticker will struggle through the play offs!

Never seen us in the play offs (only time we were in them was just before I was born) but can imagine they’re horrendous! Love them as a neutral mind. 

13 hours ago, GreenersGas said:

It's not too far for you boys to watch him yourself, Carlisle away next Saturday!!!!

I live pretty much exactly between the two cities and do keep an eye on Carlisle's results, so may well pop over - I've not been to Brunton for a good few years. Carlisle are also in great form, but the game isn't as important from their POV as it would have been a few weeks ago.

Was he not meant to be missing this game due to the Scotland U21 call up?

On 17/03/2022 at 03:05, Geordie Ahmed said:

Yeah, although it seems he should be playing a level much higher and I think a stint in The Championship is something we should consider, however if Bristol Rovers do go up then letting him have at least 6 months could be more valuable as he will likely continue to get games and we know he's being utilised and developed.

Give him half a season to fire a couple past the unwashed before being moved on to the Champo. :lol:

On 20/03/2022 at 20:17, Danh1 said:

Never seen us in the play offs (only time we were in them was just before I was born) but can imagine they’re horrendous! Love them as a neutral mind. 

It's about as much fun as a trip to the dentist. The closer the day comes the more the nerves build. Been to Wembley in two play of finals, got beat 2-1 by Huddersfield Town in 95 for a chance to a return to the Championship, or Div 2 as it was known then.

More recently beat Grimsby Town at Wembley to get back into the football league, and promoted again to league 1 the season after.

The biggest mystery is on both occasions we sold around 45k tickets, absolutely no idea who the extra 35k fans are and where they came from!  

On 17/03/2022 at 18:29, HTT II said:

Hayles, that’s a name from the past, I remember him at Fulham!

Great player and a long career, we signed him from then non-league Stevenage, Ian Holloway somehow persuaded our chairman to part with £250k for a striker never tested at league level. That was a pile of cash in 97 for a non-league player.

Holloway and Chairman made the right call though and Fulham signed him a couple of seasons later for around £2m, was chatting to him a couple of seasons ago and he was still playing for Truro down in Cornwall in 2015 at the tender age of 43! The chairman had him collected from London by helicopter for home games and had him dropped back after the game.

Bazza knew where the net was, and like Elliot loved nothing more than running straight at defenders with a close control that was always pleasing on the eye.  

Edited by North Somerset Gas