Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Guest HTT II

If he’s that good he needs to be playing, whether it’s at Rovers, with us or somewhere else. He can’t stagnate sitting on our bench hardly getting game time or playing the odd cup game. That’s why so many of our academy products fail really. Playing for Rovers has obviously done him the world of good, regular game time, with and against seasoned pros, under a seemingly capable been there and done it manager, in front of passionate fans and at a tough level regardless of what anyone thinks of the standard. 

In all seriousness I wonder if a 6 month loan in League One next season wouldn't be a bad idea, hopefully with a newly-promoted Rovers.

If he kills it like he has this season then try and get him a similarly-suitable role with a Championship club for the second half of the season.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, wormy said:

In all seriousness I wonder if a 6 month loan in League One next season wouldn't be a bad idea, hopefully with a newly-promoted Rovers.

If he kills it like he has this season then try and get him a similarly-suitable role with a Championship club for the second half of the season.

Hopefully Rovers go up and keep him on loan and then go up again with him.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Disco said:

Chris Waugh was saying the club have already had interest from higher up the pyramid for next season.

Al Ahly one of them?

It's vital we pick the right spot for him though. 

No disrespect to the Gasheads here, but we've been quite fortunate he's joined a team in form at a level where he can comfortably stand out. I seem to remember talk of Luton Town before this move materialised. That's a solid example of a club with an easily identifiable style and a preference towards developing youth both internally and via external loans.

Gateshead are currently an excellent club for a young baller to join, they're smashing sides left, right and centre whilst playing some lovely stuff. Big Mike has a future in league management, for sure.

Anderson looks too good for Bristol's league though, never mind the National League North. Really hope he's in our first team squad from next season tbh.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

49 minutes ago, Thiago said:

It's vital we pick the right spot for him though. 

No disrespect to the Gasheads here, but we've been quite fortunate he's joined a team in form at a level where he can comfortably stand out. I seem to remember talk of Luton Town before this move materialised. That's a solid example of a club with an easily identifiable style and a preference towards developing youth both internally and via external loans.

Interesting to read your comments in relation to Luton and the structure.

I would say without bias that Rovers fit the three criteria above.

Our style of play is a high press with a keeper/sweeper, playing out from the back, and on the floor.

A squad with proven league one players. We are consistent in that system.

We have two ex-academy players currently in the first team, one out injured at the minute.

A new academy base with pitches identical to the home turf, big investment has been put in by our incredible owner Wael Al Qadi.

With new stadium rumours floating around (again!) the club has ambition to be a settled Championship club.

The momentum on and off the pitch is amazing to witness. 

One thing is apparent bringing in Kevin Bond as assistant manager seems to have transformed us.

For those of us old enough to watch from the terraces of Eastville, its been a case of Pirates by name, Pirates by nature.

In 86 we were exciled to Bath, our enemies to the south said it would be the end of the club.

Far from it, on to the now, this is a place where Gasheads treasure a player who gives 100%.

If Elliot were not to wear the quarters again he will be treasured and followed by plenty of us through his career.

I hope (if Barton stays) the two clubs can benefit from the loan market.

With his antics to one side, Barton knows how to get a squad running through brick walls for him.

All of these young lads are very hungry. They are playing at a level that comes round once in a blue moon at Rovers.

So without the blue specs on I'd say this is a good option for players needing a loan to build playing experience and character.

And being part of an ambitious forward moving club.

A pre'season friendly next year at St James would be very special.

Have I sold the club as a nursery yet? 😀

Someone bloke called Rutherford, saw a journalistic post from him today on your local newspaper. Comparing him with other Toon Legends, OK fine but may I say that I'm the one person that compared him with Paul Gascoigne.? 

Billy is doing the business at Bristol Rovers, in fact we've adopted him now and he speaks in a Bristol accent 😂 😂 😂 

Hate bloody journalists

Edited by Gashead 73

21 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Gateshead are currently an excellent club for a young baller to join, they're smashing sides left, right and centre whilst playing some lovely stuff. Big Mike has a future in league management, for sure.

Anderson looks too good for Bristol's league though, never mind the National League North. Really hope he's in our first team squad from next season tbh.

Are you for real... League football for non league shite? Strewth mate

3 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

Are you for real... League football for non league shite? Strewth mate

This lad is above Gateshead, he needs to be nourished at a decent level of football and not non league obscurity like bloody Gateshead 

39 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

This lad is above Gateshead, he needs to be nourished at a decent level of football and not non league obscurity like bloody Gateshead 

I think you've completely misunderstood my post. I wasn't saying he should go to Gateshead at all, moreso that they're a good side in general for youngsters to go to at the moment.

Hardly non-league obscurity to us in the NE though. Players we send to Gateshead will be in constant close contact with the club.

22 hours ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Interesting to read your comments in relation to Luton and the structure.

I would say without bias that Rovers fit the three criteria above.

Our style of play is a high press with a keeper/sweeper, playing out from the back, and on the floor.

A squad with proven league one players. We are consistent in that system.

We have two ex-academy players currently in the first team, one out injured at the minute.

A new academy base with pitches identical to the home turf, big investment has been put in by our incredible owner Wael Al Qadi.

With new stadium rumours floating around (again!) the club has ambition to be a settled Championship club.

The momentum on and off the pitch is amazing to witness. 

One thing is apparent bringing in Kevin Bond as assistant manager seems to have transformed us.

For those of us old enough to watch from the terraces of Eastville, its been a case of Pirates by name, Pirates by nature.

In 86 we were exciled to Bath, our enemies to the south said it would be the end of the club.

Far from it, on to the now, this is a place where Gasheads treasure a player who gives 100%.

If Elliot were not to wear the quarters again he will be treasured and followed by plenty of us through his career.

I hope (if Barton stays) the two clubs can benefit from the loan market.

With his antics to one side, Barton knows how to get a squad running through brick walls for him.

All of these young lads are very hungry. They are playing at a level that comes round once in a blue moon at Rovers.

So without the blue specs on I'd say this is a good option for players needing a loan to build playing experience and character.

And being part of an ambitious forward moving club.

A pre'season friendly next year at St James would be very special.

Have I sold the club as a nursery yet? 😀

Bloody hell..you even sold it to me..UTG

I am still going to the Carlisle vs Rovers match on Saturday, but a massive shame Elliot won't be involved. I saw on the gaschat forum a week or so ago that someone heard he won't be involved for Scotland U21's, and that England talk the other day fuelled the hope, but seems to still be included - Scotland U21s play tomorrow on BBC Scotland, so will be good to at least watch him there, assuming he plays.

Not sure who I want to win the match now that Anderson won't be there - I will be in the home end, and do like Carlisle, and 3 months ago it wouldn't even be a question, but I have been following Rovers progress since Elliot joined, and it's obviously now a much bigger game for the away side since Carlisle have won 5 of their last 6 games and are all but safe. It's been a good few years since I went to Brunton, and will be my first match of any sort since Covid. The last match I went to was the dour 0-0 with Oxford in the FA Cup, just prior to the first lockdown.

If he does have the potential people are saying he has (never seen him play), then next year he needs to be playing a higher level than League 1 (sorry Rovers fans). See how he performs in pre season and then possibly loan him to a Championship club for the first part of the season, if Howe thinks he needs more games.