Joe Willock

Midfield today, highlighting what I thought I saw during the game as far as match involvement.

Touches

Joelinton - 75

Longstaff - 68

Willock - 42

Passes

Joelinton - 52

Longstaff - 54

Willock - 28

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Whatever you say :lol:

:lol:

I know you like Willock and he's a good kid, but I'm desperate for him to do more. We need it badly. He's got the talent too, which makes it more frustrating. Don't worry I'll cam down a bit soon. Still fired up from the match.

Spreads his legs faster than a quay side whore. Cost us 4 points the last two games.

Please please drop him for Anderson a few games. He seems to do better when he's coming off the bench anyway.

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

And FWIW I think he was class in both the Forest and Man City matches, poor (along with pretty much everyone) against Brighton, and good today aside from his miss.

We have a bigger concern: the drop in quality when Bruno's out. Hopefully we can bring in a new CM or DM to make up for it like we did with Isak.

I really don't think people who berate on him game after game are actually watching how much work he puts in. Not only does he press pretty effectively, he does try to make stuff happen when he has the ball. Will he be one of those replaced when we sign someone like Maddison? Yes, but that's not to say he's doing a bad job. He looked one of our few good performers against Tranmere, but he was gettting stick in that game as well.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Spreads his legs faster than a quay side whore. Cost us 4 points the last two games.

Please please drop him for Anderson a few games. He seems to do better when he's coming off the bench anyway.

I like Anderson, but I hope our fans are a bit more lenient if he doesn't set the world on fire when he finally starts. I thought he struggled a bit against Tranmere, just it seems he's the golden boy right now so people will give him more leeway.

Being an attacking midfielder against Wolves isn't the easiest task in the world.  Think some of the criticism should relax a little bit.  Thing we played well in the main, massively improved in the last 12 months, let's see the positives!

I think he did well for pressing the opponents and getting the ball back. But the problem is he offered close to nothing other than that. Sometimes you can’t just stop to imagine what if Paqueta is playing his role.

Definitely much better suited to games where we have more space to counter attack. Hasn't got the skills to play passing and close control. We need another option when playing teams with not as much space in behind or best used as an impact sub when teams are tired. 

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I think he's a number 10 attacking midfielder, and specifically one that constantly looks to make runs into the box, so would ideally be paired with a striker that looks to drop into space, so he can then make runs off them.

Definitely. Would probably play really well there off Isak I think.

22 minutes ago, HWTL said:

Definitely much better suited to games where we have more space to counter attack. Hasn't got the skills to play passing and close control. We need another option when playing teams with not as much space in behind or best used as an impact sub when teams are tired. 

IMPACT sub?  In what areas both last season and this season has he made an impact? I don’t see anything in his game which has made me think he’s a Premier League footballer. 

52 minutes ago, HWTL said:

Aye.  

He’s usually pretty good off the ball. With him and Joe a lot of teams can’t cope comfortably with our physicality. 

But both struggle to really play.