Joe Willock

20 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Getting racist abuse on Instagram from Arsenal fans tonight. Vile fucking club. 

arsenal fans? eh? hard to believe. their success over the years has been largely due to their black players and they have a massive following in the black community.

i hate using the word "black", whats a nicer phrase?

Edited by huss9

46 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Getting racist abuse on Instagram from Arsenal fans tonight. Vile fucking club. 

I don’t think they are a vile club actually. It’s particularly sad, because of the large number of black Arsenal fans. There are clubs where this type of behaviour would seem more representative of the fan base as a whole, I don’t think Arsenal are one of those clubs.

Edited by Rafalove

Not many players come back from a nasty injury and look back up to speed this quickly. He’s an amazing player who offers something unique to this side. We lose a lot of variety to our attacking game when he’s out. Basically any attack on the break with this lad is extremely dangerous because of his running and directness 

9 hours ago, huss9 said:

arsenal fans? eh? hard to believe. their success over the years has been largely due to their black players and they have a massive following in the black community.

To me there is none, they’re all slightly off.

15 hours ago, huss9 said:

I think you're looking for "African-American in England"

59 minutes ago, huss9 said:

afro-carribean?

Historically "black" was consciously used and promoted by black people to inject positivity and pride into the colour of people who felt denigrated by the own appearance, and who other non-blacks would avoid referring to as black - and instead called "coloured" -  out of politeness to avoid bringing attention to their bad luck in being black.

Weirdly, "person of colour" has now come into fashion among people who think they aren't racists.

Personally, I'd recommend stopping seeing the word black as a bad thing..!

3 hours ago, astraguy said:

need to find a way of getting this man in the team tuesday,win that and i believe we can relax a little until the next stage 

Was thinking that Gordon could start up top with Joelinton and Miggy. Bruno, Longstaff, and Willock as the midfield three.