Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

He's a tedious WUM just like so many others.

It's a reaction from him as he failed here because he's shit. He knows it as well.

Don't really consider him one of the WUM brigade tbh, he's just a bitter ex-player who hasn't come to terms with the fact he was a shit manager. If he had ever been considered a successful manager then his views would be of more interest, but he wasn't. He won some stuff at Liverpool on the back of the groundwork done before him, then he promptly turned that to shit. He also a trophy or two at Rangers where he spent much more than Celtic, the only other club in the league capable of winning anything.

Not disputing, but he also won the League Cup at Blackburn.

Yet he still went on to prove he was a useless manager with us. No idea what the circumstances were with his short term success at Blackburn, but he proved at Liverpool that winning trophies meant nothing there, they went on a downward spiral so fast the longer he stayed there. They were almost unrecognisable as a big club by the time they kicked him out.

And absolutely no one acknowledges the Ali Dia fiasco when he was at Southampton.

still cant believe this club TWICE paid millions for shit managers to replace heroes.

souness would have been sacked within a couple of weeks and freddie could have had for free. same goes for the Coward but his sacking may have taken a couple of months rather than weeks.

The Bowyer thing is spot on. It was a dismal piece of summer business and just highlighted the beginning of the end for Robson through no fault of his own.

I suspect Shepherd had told him it was a consolidation season. Spend fuck all and then pocket the CL money so we could try again the following year but then we never got there.

Then within a few seasons Mike Ashley was here and we were fucking relegated.

It does lead me to believe that financially things weren’t all that great, I know people will point to revenues back then but they must have been up to something to try and go on the cheap like that.

Souness is and always has been a sociopathic contentious prick who blames everybody and everything but himself for his failings.

Does he ever mention being hounded out of Liverpool or Benfica. In common with us perhaps it was on account of taking a team and club backwards rapidly. Reckon its pretty reasonable to be a bit disappointed with going from 3rd, 4th and 5th playing good football to mid-table in less than a season and be on the bring of a relegation battle a few month after that.

Cant imagine any football fan would okay with that but its unreasonable for us.

Sure its not also unique to us that good managers tend to do good jobs at whatever club and bad ones don't. Who'd have thunk it. With the exception of Dalglish have any of these graveyard managers done anything before or since that would justify them being blindly backed?

Liverpool finished 2nd in a bad-season for 20years pre Souness - he turned them into a midtable side in a season - took them 30years to win the league again.

Souness is and always has been a sociopathic contentious prick who blames everybody and everything but himself for his failings.

Does he ever mention being hounded out of Liverpool or Benfica. In common with us perhaps it was on account of taking a team and club backwards rapidly. Reckon its pretty reasonable to be a bit disappointed with going from 3rd, 4th and 5th playing good football to mid-table in less than a season and be on the bring of a relegation battle a few month after that.

Sure its not also unique to us that good managers tend to do good jobs at whatever club and bad ones don't. Who'd have thunk it.

Liverpool finished 2nd in a bad-season for 20years pre Souness - he turned them into a midtable side in a season - took them 30years to win the league again.

Always thought he was the worst manager we would ever have in the time I supported the club. However, didn't realise Ashley would magic a number of even worse pricks to oust him out of that title.

The Bowyer thing is spot on. It was a dismal piece of summer business and just highlighted the beginning of the end for Robson through no fault of his own.

I suspect Shepherd had told him it was a consolidation season. Spend f*** all and then pocket the CL money so we could try again the following year but then we never got there.

Then within a few seasons Mike Ashley was here and we were f***ing relegated.

It does lead me to believe that financially things weren’t all that great, I know people will point to revenues back then but they must have been up to something to try and go on the cheap like that.

There's two sides. He would have been reckless to spend a fortune on CL money not banked but risked CL money by not spending. Could argue Woodgate in January was part of the spend. (With Abramovich arriving it was too big a risk and cost us for me too)

Then Souness was very well backed with suggests money was there and Shepherd made a mistake on both counts. Not strengthening at the right time and then over-spending in desparation to get back. This is what caused any financial problems. The belt was being tightened pre Ashley, with young players coming in and Sibierski's being signed, which was a lot more sensible than the Ashley way does it.

The real financial problems started when Ashley bought the club for me.

Sure its not also unique to us that good managers tend to do good jobs at whatever club and bad ones don't. Who'd have thunk it.

Always thought he was the worst manager we would ever have in the time I supported the club. However, didn't realise Ashley would magic a number of even worse pricks to oust him out of that title.

I think Souness is a bad as any of them. He just had the fortune of inheriting a Bobby Robson team and then being sacked before his stench started to fester. If he was put on a Mike Ashley perma-deal and told he wouldn't be sacked as long as Steve Bruce's nose avoids the centre of his face, then I'm sure we'd remember even less fondly than we already do.

I think Souness is a bad as any of them. He just had the fortune of inheriting a Bobby Robson team and then being sacked before his stench started to fester. If he was put on a Mike Ashley perma-deal and told he wouldn't be sacked as long as Steve Bruce's nose avoids the centre of his face, then I'm sure we'd remember even less fondly than we already do.

Maybe, but, we can only really judge on his record at the time compared to the several managers under Ashley, which have esceeded his levels of shitness.

I suspect Shepherd had told him it was a consolidation season. Spend fuck all and then pocket the CL money so we could try again the following year but then we never got there.

Then within a few seasons Mike Ashley was here and we were fucking relegated.

Yeah, was terrible handling. Bowyer on a free when we've just finished third and gotten to last 16 of the CL, while Shearer and Speed aging and Abrahmovic has just arrived at Chelsea. All the more galling when thinking of how much we spent on Owen, Luque and others two years later.

I remember outside SJP that season there was a big Sky or something billboard with a premier league trophy, with all these magpies attacking it, plastic magpies sitting on top of the billboard - there'd been so much optimism.

During that season we also shifted Solano, Cort, Acuña and Dabizas and loaned out LuaLua, while bringing in just Michael Bridges on loan.

Sure its not also unique to us that good managers tend to do good jobs at whatever club and bad ones don't. Who'd have thunk it. With the exception of Dalglish have any of these graveyard managers done anything before or since that would justify them being blindly backed?

Voted the worst Liverpool manager of all time by their fans pre-Hodgson.....but this absolute shit stain dines out on slagging NUFC fans off in the media, and of course never gets challenged on it.

For such a so called football 'hard man', I've never seen anyone back off so much when I approached him, Saunders and Terry Mac outside an estate agents in Jesmond......total fucking coward, should have put his head through the window as I intended. Cunt.

Voted the worst Liverpool manager of all time by their fans pre-Hodgson.....but this absolute s*** stain dines out on slagging NUFC fans off in the media, and of course never gets challenged on it.

For such a so called football 'hard man', I've never seen anyone back off so much when I approached him, Saunders and Terry Mac outside an estate agents in Jesmond......total f***ing coward, should have put his head through the window as I intended. c***.

The only one who speaks any sense about Newcastle on Sky is supriusingly Carragher (he played under Rafa though and maybe has had some converstations with him concerning the club and the issues). Even then, really it's just blatantly obvious what the current and long term problems are at the club (both on and offthe pitch). Hate watching Sky and their combination of washed up and/or no name pundits having their delibrately crass opinions.

the mythical financial problems that could have easily been financed elsewhere or personal equity be put back into the club to lower the "debt". All bunch of crap from MA.

Yep - it does my nut in! The majority of the debt was due to the sale of the club (which was secured on a 15 year mortgage against 30,000 season ticket sales but needed to be paid immediately due to the sale)!

It's a reaction from him as he failed here because he's shit. He knows it as well.

Don't really consider him one of the WUM brigade tbh, he's just a bitter ex-player who hasn't come to terms with the fact he was a shit manager. If he had ever been considered a successful manager then his views would be of more interest, but he wasn't. He won some stuff at Liverpool on the back of the groundwork done before him, then he promptly turned that to shit. He also a trophy or two at Rangers where he spent much more than Celtic, the only other club in the league capable of winning anything.

Yet he still went on to prove he was a useless manager with us. No idea what the circumstances were with his short term success at Blackburn, but he proved at Liverpool that winning trophies meant nothing there, they went on a downward spiral so fast the longer he stayed there. They were almost unrecognisable as a big club by the time they kicked him out.

Blackburn were one day away from sacking Souness when we went in and offered compensation to take him as NUFC manager.  Blackburn couldn't believe how lucky they were to get compensation when they thought they were going to have to pay up his contract when they sacked him!!

Voted the worst Liverpool manager of all time by their fans pre-Hodgson.....but this absolute shit stain dines out on slagging NUFC fans off in the media, and of course never gets challenged on it.

For such a so called football 'hard man', I've never seen anyone back off so much when I approached him, Saunders and Terry Mac outside an estate agents in Jesmond......total fucking coward, should have put his head through the window as I intended. Cunt.

Steady son...that's someones business. Costly thing to get a glazier in you know.

I think my reaction to his appointment back then was along the lines of NOOOOOOOOOO!!! But shamefully (and I feel dirty) the 13 games we went unbeaten (I think that was the number) had me stupidly wondering if he was actually going to do a half decent job...ugh... Off to have a shower.

It's a reaction from him as he failed here because he's s***. He knows it as well.

Don't really consider him one of the WUM brigade tbh, he's just a bitter ex-player who hasn't come to terms with the fact he was a s*** manager. If he had ever been considered a successful manager then his views would be of more interest, but he wasn't. He won some stuff at Liverpool on the back of the groundwork done before him, then he promptly turned that to s***. He also a trophy or two at Rangers where he spent much more than Celtic, the only other club in the league capable of winning anything.

Blackburn were one day away from sacking Souness when we went in and offered compensation to take him as NUFC manager.  Blackburn couldn't believe how lucky they were to get compensation when they thought they were going to have to pay up his contract when they sacked him!!

"“We had to get rid of Robson because he would have got us relegated. There was nothing more certain." - Douglas Hall

With that insight in mind, just be grateful Graeme kept us up.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-10073423.html

It's a reaction from him as he failed here because he's s***. He knows it as well.

Don't really consider him one of the WUM brigade tbh, he's just a bitter ex-player who hasn't come to terms with the fact he was a s*** manager. If he had ever been considered a successful manager then his views would be of more interest, but he wasn't. He won some stuff at Liverpool on the back of the groundwork done before him, then he promptly turned that to s***. He also a trophy or two at Rangers where he spent much more than Celtic, the only other club in the league capable of winning anything.

"“We had to get rid of Robson because he would have got us relegated. There was nothing more certain." - Douglas Hall

With that insight in mind, just be grateful Graeme kept us up.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-10073423.html

WTF had never heard that, what a load of bollocks.

“We took two points from a possible 12 and couldn’t just stand back and watch Newcastle slide out of the Premiership."

2 draws and 2 defeats in a 4 game run...

Bobby wouldn't have stood for the lack of investment and dodgy Boumsong deals they had lined up...

The Boumsong deal was surely Souness' work. He was well in with Rangers' board - might even have had a family member on it. That McKay (McCai?) agent was involved as well and he was as dodgy as a nine bob note.

Bobby wouldn't have stood for the lack of investment and dodgy Boumsong deals they had lined up...

The Boumsong deal was surely Souness' work. He was well in with Rangers' board - might even have had a family member on it. That McKay (McCai?) agent was involved as well and he was as dodgy as a nine bob note.

He was best man for Rangers owner David Murray.....

Oh aye, all of Souness’ singings were back handlers.

Faye, Babayaro, they absolutely stunk. He was under investigation as well and I’m pretty sure the investigation is why he never went and got another management job.