Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We must not collapse against Arsenal or Chelsea. Our goal difference could be a massive asset come the last day.

Knowing Newcastle, we'll end up winning one of those two home games and lose at Stoke...which in the long run would be a lot more harmful than losing those two and beating Stoke.

If we do stay up it will force Ashley to spend big money and I really think we will go places ( aslong as we get a new manager )

I cant see this happening though I think we are doomed and will miss out on this opportunity to turn the club around which will make it even worse.

Shame because I thought we where building a good team now and if we didnt have the injuries and a shit manager we would be going places also.

If we do stay up it will force Ashley to spend big money and I really think we will go places ( aslong as we get a new manager )

I cant see this happening though I think we are doomed and will miss out on this opportunity to turn the club around which will make it even worse.

Shame because I thought we where building a good team now and if we didnt have the injuries and a shit manager we would be going places also.

Ha.

9. I've no faith in the squad or management(especially). Things might change if we bring a manager in, but i don't have enough faith in Ashley and Llambias to think that will happen.

The hope I am clinging on to this season, players coming back/finding form:

Owen - Whatever you think of him he can score goals and I am sure we would worry if he was in any of the other relegation fighting teams.

Martins - Very talent but hit and miss player. Think he is a confidence player and if he gets a goal soon we will probably go on a little run till the end of the season.

Barton, Nolan and Guthrie - All better than what we have at the moment and Barton in particular has a lot of talent that we could really do with right now.

Beye - We desperately need him back, Taylor has done a good good but Beye really makes the defence. He is the real leader in the team.

I would have said Viduka but I don't think we will see him doing much now. Such a shame because we would be a different side with him fit for the rest of the season imo.

We have much more (imo) than the others fighting down the bottom, we just need these players fit and hitting form.

I'm worried, but still believe (hope) we have the quality in the areas that matter to see us right again.

So you think we'll stay up, but still vote a 6 (which to me would indicate a 60% chance of going down) ???

The hope I am clinging on to this season, players coming back/finding form:

Owen - Whatever you think of him he can score goals and I am sure we would worry if he was in any of the other relegation fighting teams.

Martins - Very talent but hit and miss player. Think he is a confidence player and if he gets a goal soon we will probably go on a little run till the end of the season.

Barton, Nolan and Guthrie - All better than what we have at the moment and Barton in particular has a lot of talent that we could really do with right now.

Beye - We desperately need him back, Taylor has done a good good but Beye really makes the defence. He is the real leader in the team.

I would have said Viduka but I don't think we will see him doing much now. Such a shame because we would be a different side with him fit for the rest of the season imo.

We have much more (imo) than the others fighting down the bottom, we just need these players fit and hitting form.

We also need a manager who can motivate those players, Hughton can't do it, he's proven that time after time.  We either need Kinnear back or someone in his place, and soon.

I'm worried, but still believe (hope) we have the quality in the areas that matter to see us right again.

So you think we'll stay up, but still vote a 6 (which to me would indicate a 60% chance of going down) ???

Basically, brain tells me we are in the shit in a big, big way - but blind faith/heart tells me that the likes of Martins and Owen will stay fit and fire us to safety.

60% chance of relegation in the current situation with our fixture list sounds about right, albeit a little on the pessimistic side.

The more I look at the situation the more everything points to us going down.

I think there is now decisively more chance of us going down than staying up.  Anyone who doesnt believe this needs to give their head a shake tbh.

The more I look at the situation the more everything points to us going down.

I think there is now decisively more chance of us going down than staying up.  Anyone who doesnt believe this needs to give their head a shake tbh.

Anyone who disagrees with you needs to give their head a shake? We're not actually in the bottom three you realise? I reckon it's about 50-50 personally.

i dont think we will go down. however, those who are regarding west brom as "gone" should realise that they are only 7 points off safety atm, and look at their fixtures! apart from liverpool at home, they have wigan, man city, stoke, bolton, portsmouth, spurs, sunderland and blackburn! 5 at home 4 away! and those slating their defence should also take heed of their clean sheet at upton park tonight.

i dont think we will go down. however, those who are regarding west brom as "gone" should realise that they are only 7 points off safety atm, and look at their fixtures! apart from liverpool at home, they have wigan, man city, stoke, bolton, portsmouth, spurs, sunderland and blackburn! 5 at home 4 away! and those slating their defence should also take heed of their clean sheet at upton park tonight.

Seven points is a massive gap for West Brom though, they have 8 points from their last 10 games.

We'd still be above them because of our goal difference :D

How do you know that? We could get hammered in both our games and Albion could win comfortably in there's.

And yes, I am thee ultimate pessimist!