Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I was about to say 'Villa will be fine', then thought - if i actually think that... surely to God we will be too? 12 goals shipped in two games is a dismal, dismal effort. You'd have to be pretty s**** to be worse than them.

Any team can get a humping, they've just had 2 and they might not get over that in a hurry.

just been thinking about this- I doubt any of them bottom sides will get 40 points. And I also doubt we will get less points in the second half of the season. that in mind, im not as worried now. the qpr points were huge tho.

Was really worried about being relegated a few weeks ago. Now, I think we almost definitely won't go down. We've been playing better football lately and starting to look like we're getting some fight back. We deserved a point today and if we play like that most weeks we'll go straight back up the table.

It won't happen. We're playing too well and we will smash a few teams really fucking hard in the next few months. The fixtures are scary but we will salvage something from this season if we continue as we are and Pardew doesn't lose his bottle and revert back to horror football.

I can't see us ever smashing anyone again under Pardew, it's not in his nature to go for the jugular. I agree with you though, the real worry is the future of players like Cabaye, Cisse, Krul and Ben Arfa.

We will end up top 10 imo whether thats enough to keep the likes of hba into next season i dont know.

Not getting into the Europa will mean you don't have to invest in the squad......

Naah. I've been reassuring my wife that Villa won't go down, but I didn't realize how bad their injury list is. They're top of that league, and it's mainly first team players they're missing. With a team that young, one or two more dodgy results could really open the flood gates.

I thought QPR would pull themselves out - and they still might - but there are enough sides really struggling down there that I really can't see you getting sucked in. Even if you lose the next four (including Brighton), I have you down to beat Reading and Villa. After your European games, you then have a pretty cushty run-in.

It won't happen. We're playing too well and we will smash a few teams really fucking hard in the next few months. The fixtures are scary but we will salvage something from this season if we continue as we are and Pardew doesn't lose his bottle and revert back to horror football.

I can't see us ever smashing anyone again under Pardew, it's not in his nature to go for the jugular. I agree with you though, the real worry is the future of players like Cabaye, Cisse, Krul and Ben Arfa.

I sort of agree in principle but if we carry on with this system and keep faith with it then I can see us smashing 3 or 4 teams by 3 or more goals before the season's out. We're playing good stuff, there are faults but we're getting there and someone is due a hiding.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Worth noting that in the 08-09 relegation season although we were 2 points better off at this stage, we only managed 2 more wins that season and still only needed a point in the end to stay up.

True, but we still did win only those 2 games in the rest of the season and we still didn't get that point. Nobody can say it can't happen again.

Plus, that was a rather exceptional season,  Hull stayed up with 35 points but you normally need at least 40 points to be safe. We got 20 at the half of the season, we need another 20 and it's not gonna be easy if we keep this form.

Today we had a good game, but we had it at Anfield and at home against City too (at least for a part of it) before reverting to s*** football and losing to West Ham and struggling like hell to get past an awful QPR.

Cautiously otpimistic cause we're hopefully getting some important players back soon and I think eventually we'll be fine, but I certainly don't expect us to put up a great show at the Emirates on Saturday only because of today's performance.

Worth noting that in the 08-09 relegation season although we were 2 points better off at this stage, we only managed 2 more wins that season and still only needed a point in the end to stay up.

And the clubs in the relegation zone this year are significantly worse than at the same point in 08-09.

said it in the other thread but what have you seen to suggest we'll be able to open up the likes of reading, southampton, stoke, sunderland etc. if they come up to SJP to defend and steal a point or a narrow win?  personally nothing, looking better against better teams is pretty easy in all honesty as they leave space and let you play a la man city, they just end up scoring more than you

looking at the table i think going down is very unlikely due to the utter shite below us, but i think it's going to be a real limp past the 40 points mark for us this year

Thanks to the Wigan, QPR wins i'm not too worried. We're as close to 9th as we are the bottom 3, with key players to return.

This.

If we play like we did yesterday for the rest of the season we'll have nothing to worry about. Despite the cunting result there were huge positives to take from the performance.

Finally voted - 3. Too much shit around you, and you have good players to come back. I can't see Villa finishing above you, and it the only thing I see undoing you is more injuries plus QPR going apeshit in the window. Even then, I'd expect either Southampton or Fulham to falter. The only reason I went for 3 and not 2 was the fact that you really shouldn't have got relegated last time, yet you did.