Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

The ONLY chance for us to keep our best players is to replace Pardew ASAP! Some players might not like it at first, some will perhaps. But then there is a 'chance' at least that we might actually start playing very good football and pick up good results and perhaps the team and players might get an exciting feeling of where it's going under the new manager and are prepared to give it a go for another season.

Even IF we survive, just about, with Pards as manager (which i can't see) players will leave 100% sure.

I still think you will be okay, I'm amazed you are where you are to be honest, sorry we could not stuff the Villa scum for you, but you have your own chance soon, they will have played two more games before you play them, you have a great chance as they have been very poor at home, I will be back rooting for you that night!

I still think you will be okay, I'm amazed you are where you are to be honest, sorry we could not stuff the Villa scum for you, but you have your own chance soon, they will have played two more games before you play them, you have a great chance as they have been very poor at home, I will be back rooting for you that night!

But, but Pards will say that the momentum of playing games without a too long rest was an advantage for Villa.

But, but Pards will say that the momentum of playing games without a too long rest was an advantage for Villa.

He may well, but most teams are leggy after Christmas, never a better time to play them, especially if Bradford do them.

He may well, but most teams are leggy after Christmas, never a better time to play them, especially if Bradford do them.

I agree with your point mate, and im sure Pardew will know this. What he'll say though, is another story.

Much like the year we went down, I've been in denial this season.  Since I woke up today I've been pretty sure we're going down though.  The list of teams we've failed to beat this year is alarming, it'll take a small miracle for us to pick up enough points IMO.

The knacker in the dugout needs to go or we've got no chance.

Think I'm still in denial to some extent. Unfathomable that a team with the quality of players we have is in the position it is.

7 1/2 for me. After seeing saturday the prospect of relegation is VERY real :(

However if you look at it like this......from an eternal optimists angle

We're not in the bottom 3, we're two points clear

There's plenty of shit sides down there

HBA is still to come back

Cabaye is back

"If" we sign a new centre half/striker

There's still 45 points to play for

Surely even Pardew has a "small" chance of staying up?  :o  :lol:

7 1/2 for me. After seeing saturday the prospect of relegation is VERY real :(

However if you look at it like this......from an eternal optimists angle

We're not in the bottom 3, we're two points clear

There's plenty of shit sides down there

HBA is still to come back

Cabaye is back

"If" we sign a new centre half/striker

There's still 45 points to play for

Surely even Pardew has a "small" chance of staying up?  :o  :lol:

That's my feeling too, in reality it's probably about 50/50, if not slightly better than that. With Cabaye back, Taylor to come in and the possibility of a new CB we've got to start picking up some points.

I mean as ludicrous as some of the things Pardew is doing players like Williamson at the back are costing us points. Take someone like him out of the equation (Taylor/new signing) and thats a positive start. Throw in Cabaye and HBA and the team has much more impetus going forward.

Just seems like with the players coming back plus potential new signings even Pardew should be able to do enough to get us to fucking 17th

I mean as ludicrous as some of the things Pardew is doing players like Williamson at the back are costing us points. Take someone like him out of the equation (Taylor/new signing) and thats a positive start. Throw in Cabaye and HBA and the team has much more impetus going forward.

Just seems like with the players coming back plus potential new signings even Pardew should be able to do enough to get us to f***ing 17th

Exactly this. It really does look like you're going to get at least two decent players in. The one big problem you still have is the awkward fixture list, and I think getting a win this weekend will mean you're safe.

Just seems like with the players coming back plus potential new signings even Pardew should be able to do enough to get us to f***ing 17th

Exactly this. It really does look like you're going to get at least two decent players in. The one big problem you still have is the awkward fixture list, and I think getting a win this weekend will mean you're safe.

True. I think last season he set us up with negative tactics but the better players came through for us. If you stick a strong centre half in there eradicating the Williamson factor, Ben Arfa and another attacking option and for me thats a big factor irrespective of the nonsense of the manager. Better players creative chances/keep clean sheets. The other thing is we all know that football is a confidence sport like most I guess but especially football. If you get a result from somewhere and confidence builds a bit, teams play completely differently and that leads to wins.

This is what I'm clinging onto anyway

Being defensive isn't necessarily a problem if your attacking 4 are good enough to win the game on their own, which they might be. The problem is making changes that hand the momentum to the opposition at key points in the game, like v Reading. If he can avoid that I don't really mind that he wants us to be solid first.

The away form is the biggest concern for me. If we're going to stay up we'll have to pick up some points on the road and we haven't won a single away game all season.  If we don't win at least a couple of away games I reckon we'll go down.

The away form is the biggest concern for me. If we're going to stay up we'll have to pick up some points on the road and we haven't won a single away game all season.  If we don't win at least a couple of away games I reckon we'll go down.

Definitely agree with that. Strengthening the back line is a must which it appears they're trying to do.

I like how they are blaming the fans for the loss, and not the tactics, that's the first time the fans have actually done anything, and they are acting like that was the reason why our season has been so poor.

5 if these signings come off. I know it's fickle, but there's only so bad we can be with so many good players.

Let colo go and were still only Debuchy up on players.

Haidara isn't going to replace santon, mbiwa for colo, gouffran for Ba & sissoko for next season.

Really don't want to spoil the party atmosphere out there but we much better off before the window opened?

5 if these signings come off. I know it's fickle, but there's only so bad we can be with so many good players.

Aye that's how it is for me really. If we kept Pardew and signed no one i think we'd probably go down. The Mbiwa and Debuchy signings are massive, and Gouffran should help too. Sissoko would have been great but a pre-contract isn't going to help us.

It has got to the point where we need players in every position to win games in spite of the manager. We haven't been able to do it so far, because we've had too many players who are completely vulnerable to Pardew's awful decision-making. Fortunately, we appear to have made strides to manage that.

Let colo go and were still only Debuchy up on players.

Haidara isn't going to replace santon, mbiwa for colo, gouffran for Ba & sissoko for next season.

Really don't want to spoil the party atmosphere out there but we much better off before the window opened?

Losing Colo would negate just about everything like, i agree. If we lose him. If we don't, i think the squad is a lot more comfortable.

I think people are misjudging the list of players who will leave if we go down. People are mentioning at least 6 players going, in some cases more, it just won't happen. We have a wafer thin squad as it is, we're not about to go and sell the guts of 10 first team players. Some will go, no doubt, but some like it or not will have to stay so we have a squad to put out on the first day of the season. I also think the likes of Cabaye could possibly give it one more season in a bid to get the club back up.

Honestly have no idea which players would be gone if we were relegated. There'd certainly be huge interest in Cabaye, but I'm cautiously optimistic that he'd stay and marshal the troops. Colo is almost certainly gone regardless. HBA I think would be the subject of a huge bid we couldn't say no to, even if he wanted to stay. Tiote would probably be out the door. The younger lads like Santon and Haidara I think would stay. Debuchy might depend on what Cabaye does.

my assessment on the run in:

villa 31

soth 31

toon 28

qpr 28

read 28

wigan 26

based on a draw vs villa, and no wins after that.

I used 1pt on all relegation vs relegation teams.

goal diff will make differnce to this run in!  tightening up the defense could be our route to survival.....(maybe pardew has done the maths?)

southampton and villa, imploding could help our chances massively!