Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

5 if these signings come off. I know it's fickle, but there's only so bad we can be with so many good players.

Assuming all the players adapt quickly to England/PL, it's a big ask IMO. Providing we stay up we'll not see the best of them 'til next season I wouldn't have thought. Wouldn't be surprised (although if depends on Colo staying) if they're all drip fed in to the team like he did well with Santon/HBA recovery.

Nah, Gouffran and Yanga-Mbiwa will go straight into the team for Villa. Sissoko too, if he signs.

Aye its not like we play Villa tomorrow or anything, with that said considering all these signings if i see Williamson and Shola anywhere near the line up i'm going to be fuming  :tickedoff:

Nah, Gouffran and Yanga-Mbiwa will go straight into the team for Villa. Sissoko too, if he signs.

Depends if Coloccini goes for me, Taylor was back on the bench on Sat so we might see him back in. Gouffran in for Shola is probably the most likely, midfield was fine against Reading 'til he fucked about so Sissokho could also start from the bench (if he's here).

Guest Roger Kint

I don't think he has the time to do that.

Chelsea/Spurs up after Villa so if Mbiwa doesnt play on Tuesday then when do we start him? Rather he had a game under his belt before two very hard games. Others not so hard to introduce as Haidara will be on bench regardless and Gouffran easier to play further forward from the off.

Villa being absolutely shite really does help us to be honest. They're worse than us, we're just in poor form.

That goes for quite a lot of teams really.

Please they got beat by Bradford as well, it would've been a boost for them to turn it around.

Feeling a bit more confident with players coming in tbh as they wouldn't have experienced the confidence issues from 10 defeats and will be out to impress. Should hopefully be enough to pull us through at least until Ben Arfa is back also.

5 if these signings come off. I know it's fickle, but there's only so bad we can be with so many good players.

Let colo go and were still only Debuchy up on players.

Haidara isn't going to replace santon, mbiwa for colo, gouffran for Ba & sissoko for next season.

Really don't want to spoil the party atmosphere out there but we much better off before the window opened?

Losing Colo would negate just about everything like, i agree. If we lose him. If we don't, i think the squad is a lot more comfortable.

I disagree. I think that, right now, Cabaye would be the bigger loss (it would have to be to injury, of course). He's more of a leader, and will help massively both on and off the pitch to integrate the newcomers. I realize that Williamson is shite, but part of the problem up till now has been the lack of people to compensate for that around him. That is no longer the case, particularly if Saylor can give you some games.

If all these signings are finalised, there is absolutely no way in hell that even a semi competent manager shouldn't keep our heads above water, however I'm not sure Pards is even semi competent at this stage.

The signing of Mbiwa is massive. The combination of him coming into the fold to add steel, Cabaye playing regularly again and getting HBA back into action could be the deciding factors in staying up. Sissoko coming in would just be one hell of an extra bonus.

We're still in the shit but atleast the squad has had a much needed lift.

I think this is probably the best we could have done this window, I wonder if we'd have got all these other players had we got Remy, I'm happier with these lot than I would have been just Remy, we've pretty much strengthend every weak position in the squad.

If we get Sissoko, Gouffran and Haidaira, we basically upgraded half of our first team.

Krul

Debuchy  Mbiwa    Colo    Haidara

Tiote

Cabaye      Sissoko

Benarfa                      Gouffran

Cisse

Tell me that's not a sexy Lineup

I think this is probably the best we could have done this window, I wonder if we'd have got all these other players had we got Remy, I'm happier with these lot than I would have been just Remy, we've pretty much strengthend every weak position in the squad.

If we get Sissoko, Gouffran and Haidaira, we basically upgraded half of our first team.

Krul

Tiote

Cabaye      Sissoko

Cisse

even without sissokho that team is a lot more technical than we have now. should be able to grab enough results

Krul

Tiote

Cabaye      Sissoko

Cisse

even without sissokho that team is a lot more technical than we have now. should be able to grab enough results

Yeah I'd say there is an argument for Anita in there above Tiote as his distribution is much better but if we can get Tiote back on form we'd need a destroyer in there with all the technique the rest have.

The dickhead in charge's attacking strategy is actually to hit balls at the opposition defence and a) hope there is a defensive spillage b) hope Ba/Cisse can finish from any spillage.

THAT IS THE FULL EXTENT OF OUR ATTACKING PLAY.

It's been the same with Cabaye, HBA and Colo in the team at different points this season. I'm at a non-sarcastic 9, because I don't think we'll get rid of Pardew until very late in the day.

Right, I'm at 10.

Keeping Colo + new signings, I'll go to 8/9.

I don't think you can underestimate the effect these new signings will have on the morale of the squad.  We're bringing in some real quality and the players will look at that and feel we're moving forward with some ambition.  I'm sure they'll get a big boost from this window and hopefully that will be reflected in our performances.

Still fearful but i'm back down to an 8 now.

Sticking with 9 until I see us play again. Nothing has changed really, we have signed good players granted, but we already have a set of very good players and look where we are. Pardew has cost us points time and time again, my view will only change if I see an improvement from Pardew over the coming fixtures.