Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

It's tough for me to call because I've always been quite big on the cups, but the position we're in I'm pretty concerned.  Annoying that it's came to this.

I'd personally just play our strongest team, there isn't much evidence for resting players doing us much good this year anyway.

Absolutely. If our players can't play a couple extra games per month (having also bombed out all the other cups very early) then there are serious problems with fitness.

That sentiment is right. Absolutely. Just not when we're in a perilous position in the league! I'd want to wait to see if we beat Fulham and then give it a right go in the home leg.

If you can show me any evidence that resting players has helped us this season I'd love to see it. The over-rotation of our team has lost us games. Reading-gate.

I'd also weigh in with the notion that momentum is quite important, and we don't want to have the momentum of three consecutive losses going into our next Premier League game. Especially if that third loss is a massive pasting in Benfica.

It's tough for me to call because I've always been quite big on the cups, but the position we're in I'm pretty concerned.  Annoying that it's came to this.

I'd personally just play our strongest team, there isn't much evidence for resting players doing us much good this year anyway.

Absolutely. If our players can't play a couple extra games per month (having also bombed out all the other cups very early) then there are serious problems with fitness.

That sentiment is right. Absolutely. Just not when we're in a perilous position in the league! I'd want to wait to see if we beat Fulham and then give it a right go in the home leg.

If you can show me any evidence that resting players has helped us this season I'd love to see it. The over-rotation of our team has lost us games. Reading-gate.

I'd also weigh in with the notion that momentum is quite important, and we don't want to have the momentum of three consecutive losses going into our next Premier League game. Especially if that third loss is a massive pasting in Benfica.

100%. It seems people think it's OK to throw a game so we're fresh for the next. Give me a confident player over a fresh one any day (obviously to an extent, but we're talking 2 extra games a month max).

Pardew's talked about wanting to manage England at some point ffs. Imagine the amount of whinging he'd be doing with a game every two days in a tournament.

Don't think tournaments would be affecting us if Pardew was England manager.:)

Fulham, Sunderland, Liverpool and West Brom are good fixtures tbf. Not so keen on the last three but those 4 are all winnable.

Not that I trust Pardew to do so.

We need three wins there to be safe. Doubt we'll win at WBA. Liverpool looked relaxed and could well cause us trouble at SJP as well.

Fulham, Sunderland, Liverpool and West Brom are good fixtures tbf. Not so keen on the last three but those 4 are all winnable.

Not that I trust Pardew to do so.

We need three wins there to be safe. Doubt we'll win at WBA. Liverpool looked relaxed and could well cause us trouble at SJP as well.

We really should be lookng at WBA and QPR (hopefully down by then) as wins, but obviously our away form suggests that wont be the case. Have to hope we can sneak one more away win.

It was just a theory for the 'complacency' shown by people. Going by the rules of the relegationometer, you can understand why people don't go above 5 when we've never actually been in the relegation zone.

It would be interesting to see if anyone who has gone down in previous seasons had managed to stay out of the bottom three this long.

Guest neesy111

You can stay out of the relegation zone for 37 games but if you fall into it after 38 it's that what counts.

Going to our next 3 games at home. Not seen us lose this season. Allay your fears people. I got this.

3 draws :scared:

I've only seen wins tbh :smug:

...which makes it all the more unnerving that you said "not seen us lose" rather than "only seen us win".

Presumably everyone assumed a defeat to Man City, although the manner of it was s***. We've just got to hold our nerve and squeak the couple of wins we need.

Tragic that it has come to this - "squeeking" a couple of wins.  We should never have been anywhere near this positio.

This season, FFs.

Presumably everyone assumed a defeat to Man City, although the manner of it was s***. We've just got to hold our nerve and squeak the couple of wins we need.

Tragic that it has come to this - "squeeking" a couple of wins.  We should never have been anywhere near this positio.

This season, FFs.

True.

It was just a theory for the 'complacency' shown by people. Going by the rules of the relegationometer, you can understand why people don't go above 5 when we've never actually been in the relegation zone.

It would be interesting to see if anyone who has gone down in previous seasons had managed to stay out of the bottom three this long.

A quick look through statto says Blackpool managed to hold off until 16/04 before slipping into the bottom 3 in 11-12. (33 games played)

EDIT: Let's add the mackems in 96-97 who staved off until 12/04 on matchday 34.

Wimbledon witheld until the 36th match of the season 99-00, 30/04

DOUBLE EDIT: I need more productive things to do with my time.

A quick look through statto says Blackpool managed to hold off until 16/04 before slipping into the bottom 3 in 11-12. (33 games played)

EDIT: Let's add the mackems in 96-97 who staved off until 12/04 on matchday 34.

Wimbledon witheld until the 36th match of the season 99-00, 30/04

DOUBLE EDIT: I need more productive things to do with my time.

Cheers :thup: