Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I'm on a 7 at the moment.

Given the repercussions on confidence of yesterday, with so few games to recover it's going to be really tight.

I'm not convinced at the moment that we'll win any of them. Can see two or three draws though and just hope that's enough. 

The away games are all tricky. WBA can be dangerous and have no pressure, W Ham have the old boys factor, and QPR will be their last home game in the prem with nothing to lose and Redknapp firing them up. Both home games would be difficult at the best of times.

Losing Krul is a real serious blow because he is a points saver. Left hoping that the likes of Hatem can do it for us, and relying on one of the other teams to crap out.

It's a right sad fucking state of affairs.

That injury time winner against Fulham might just be the goal that saves us from relegation. I wouldn't fancy this much if we had 34 points.

The one off Cisse's arse ealier in the season, or Cisse's 94th minute winner against Stoke. 

I think we'll be better next game, like. As much as 'we was tired' is a shocking excuse to come out with it's somewhat valid when the stamina of key players like Cabaye is so poor.

I think we will be better next game purely because we know we need to win, this wasn't the case on Sunday the players thought the job was done and played like it.

Get the feeling the points needed will be picked up between now and the end even if there is no obvious games on paper left.

stoke and norwich look our best hopes of staying up imo, stoke seem to be in freefall...don't have a clue where we're going to get any points from - this is not a kneejerk to the derby game either, felt this this for ages as you well know

Well, we've still got 36 of them despite being shit all season. We'll probably manage 3~4 out of the last five somehow.

i hope you're right, when you look at it all we really have left at this stage is blind hope and the possibility that another teams fail is bigger than our fail - didn't work in 2008-2009 mind

The way you're talking you'd think we were in the bottom three and bottom of the form table :nope:  At this stage in 2008-2009 we only had hope, right now we have a 5 point cushion and are regularly picking up points, the stats show relegation is very unlikely.

Voted 2 myself, there's a chance but its very unlikely.  Its then imperative that we replace Pardew as soon as we're safe though, no doubt he's got us in a completely unacceptable position.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

We'll get enough points. No matter what you think of Pardew as a manager, he is undeniably a lucky bastard. We'll be alright. Also, QPR will be on holiday from this point on, we'll beat them if we still need the points.

Also, I'm not trying to convince anyone else other than myself with this post.

We'll get enough points. No matter what you think of Pardew as a manager, he is undeniably a lucky bastard. We'll be alright. Also, QPR will be on holiday from this point on, we'll beat them if we still need the points.

The fucking mackems were right last season  :lol:

There's a chance we may already have enough - looking at Wigan's fixtures can't see them getting anything against Arsenal, Man City or Spurs and they'll struggle at West Ham and West Brom (same as us...) Just leaves them with home games against Swansea and Villa that look winnable.

There's a chance we may already have enough - looking at Wigan's fixtures can't see them getting anything against Arsenal, Man City or Spurs and they'll struggle at West Ham and West Brom (same as us...) Just leaves them with home games against Swansea and Villa that look winnable.

Considering the type of side Wigan are it would not surprise me if they picked up more points against Arsenal, City and Spurs than they do against Swansea, Villa and West Ham.

Shit manager

Leaky defence

Toothless attack

Fruitless set pieces

Can't pass

Can't keep possession

Shit finishing

Key players always injured or coming back from injury

No confidence on the pitch or in the stands

Players out of position

Jonas must start every game

No striker good enough to take burden off Cisse

Tough home games left

Can't win away

Teams around us starting to pick up

If qpr and reading had the same pts as Wigan it would be a 10.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

We'll get enough points. No matter what you think of Pardew as a manager, he is undeniably a lucky b******. We'll be alright. Also, QPR will be on holiday from this point on, we'll beat them if we still need the points.

The f***ing mackems were right last season  :lol:

I was thinking more of the fact that he he wen't from failure at Charlton to being sacked by Southampton then straight in to being our manager. I can't think of another mangager with such a bizarre career path. But, yeah, either way, his luck will see us through. Hopefully.

There's always one team that looks safe at this stage but then sinks like a stone to the bottom at the end of the season. let's hope it's not us this time.

Reckon if anybody does that this year it will be Stoke, how they have dropped since the new year is ridiculous really.

There's always one team that looks safe at this stage but then sinks like a stone to the bottom at the end of the season. let's hope it's not us this time.

Reckon if anybody does that this year it will be Stoke, how they have dropped since the new year is ridiculous really.

5 points from their last 11 games. QPR away and Norwich at home next up - they lose those 2 and they could be gone.

I think there's enough games left where the other teams down around us will take points off each other that will allow us to scrape home. But if we can't pick up say 4 points from the remaining 5 games and results go against us then we deserve to go down really. Embarrassing and shameful situation developing.

Teams like that usually bully their way to a good result when the going gets tough though. I can't see them going down tbh.

Teams like that usually bully their way to a good result when the going gets tough though. I can't see them going down tbh.

It'll either be Stoke or Norwich, both have been dropping down alarmingly for several games already where as we've being picking up enough points to keep us in a similar position in the table.  Teams don't usually look safe with 5 games to go and then drop like a stone, in fact no team has ever been relegated from the Premier League after being 13th at this stage in the season.

It'll either be Stoke or Norwich, both have been dropping down alarmingly for several games already where as we've being picking up enough points to keep us in a similar position in the table.  Teams don't usually look safe with 5 games to go and then drop like a stone, in fact no team has ever been relegated after being 13th at this stage in the season.

I don't think we'll be relegated FWIW. We have enough quality players to grab at least one win from the games left.

It'll either be Stoke or Norwich, both have been dropping down alarmingly for several games already where as we've being picking up enough points to keep us in a similar position in the table.  Teams don't usually look safe with 5 games to go and then drop like a stone, in fact no team has ever been relegated after being 13th at this stage in the season.

I don't think we'll be relegated FWIW. We have enough quality players to grab at least one win from the games left.

Agree. We will win one more game, surely.