Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest bimpy474

We are better off than we were this time last season imo. I got slated for saying similar last summer but I believe it so will say it again, our youngsters/new signings will have had that extra development/time to adapt to the league so SHOULD be better this season. We still need 2-3 players but I don't think we will get relegated as it stands. If we get a fair amount of injuries we SHOULD quite easily get top 10.

:lol:

Who has replaced Ba?

Shola Surely.

We are better off than we were this time last season imo. I got slated for saying similar last summer but I believe it so will say it again, our youngsters/new signings will have had that extra development/time to adapt to the league so SHOULD be better this season. We still need 2-3 players but I don't think we will get relegated as it stands. If we get a fair amount of injuries we SHOULD quite easily get top 10.

Agree, in the last 12 months Ba, Perch, Harper, Simpson, and Ranger have left, and Gouffran, Sissokho, Debuchy, Haidara, Mbiwa, and Remy have come in. With another signing we should definitely be stronger.

Guest neesy111

Agree, in the last 12 months Ba, Perch, Harper, Simpson, and Ranger have left, and Gouffran, Sissokho, Debuchy, Haidara, Mbiwa, and Remy have come in. With another signing we should definitely be stronger.

We are better off on paper.  It could all go tits up.

Kinnear in as well. :yao:

Once the usual injuries and suspensions kick in I honestly think we are fucked we haven't got enough goals in the side to cause issues to teams and the roll over and die mentalitity when we go a goal down is just so depressing...you just know that if opposition score first we are beat

Oh for the days of SBR when we were the comeback kings remember elland rd and pride park ..happy days

Anyway I vote a 9 our only saving grace is Cardiff being as shit as hull and palace if Cardiff do ok we are fucked

Hadaway'n'Shite

3 of the 6 played vs Scumderland and 5 of the 6 played vs the Bindippers and we won 1 game after that, and the 6th you mention is a crock. What experience/development have they had since then. Too many crack-heads on this thread lately. With Pardew in charge ( alledgedly) and Stoner/Charver coaching/mentoring/bookies runners I'll be taking to strong drink this season methinks.

Hadaway'n'Shite

3 of the 6 played vs Scumderland and 5 of the 6 played vs the Bindippers and we won 1 game after that, and the 6th you mention is a crock. What experience/development have they had since then. Too many crack-heads on this thread lately. With Pardew in charge ( alledgedly) and Stoner/Charver coaching/mentoring/bookies runners I'll be taking to strong drink this season methinks.

Can't believe seemingly a majority believe there is more than a 50% chance of us going down like.

Even with Ashley and Kinnear directing us, to think there is more chance of us going down than staying up. Really? Really?? Deary me.

Only one team who finished below us last season is still in the division.

Can't believe seemingly a majority believe there is more than a 50% chance of us going down like.

Even with Ashley and Kinnear directing us, to think there is more chance of us going down than staying up. Really? Really?? Deary me.

Well spotted Michael. Being such an attentive little scamp, you may also have noticed a couple of properly shite teams were promoted and there is a very good chance we will finish above the likes of Fulham, Stoke etc.

Fair enough if you think relegation is the most likely outcome this season. I just think that's an insane point of view. Pure cray cray.

Well spotted Michael. Being such an attentive little scamp, you may also have noticed a couple of properly shite teams were promoted and there is a very good chance we will finish above the likes of Fulham, Stoke etc.

Fair enough if you think relegation is the most likely outcome this season. I just think that's an insane point of view. Pure cray cray.

Absolutely. Am I reading the poll right? Is the winning answer as we stand (dismissing whatever fml means) that we are certain to go down?

Even barring us not bringing in two or even one new attacking player, this is utterly mental.

Absolutely. Am I reading the poll right? Is the winning answer as we stand (dismissing whatever fml means) that we are certain to go down?

Even barring us not bringing in two or even one new attacking player, this is utterly mental.

1-10 is probably too granular: what's the difference between a 1 and a 2, really? Grouping 1&2, 3&4 etc its:

Vote

Total

A thing

View
1 or 2

████████████████████████Going down would require extraordinary circumstances that aren't worth contemplating.
3 or 4

███████████████Going down isn't outside the realm of possibility, but very unlikely.
5 or 6

████████████████████████It's possible we could be relegated. A bad run and dip in confidence could send us into a tailspin.
7 or 8

██████████████████████████We'll have to try very hard not to get relegated.
9 or 10

█████████████████████████No chance of avoiding relegation

Which admittedly doesn't change much - the overwhelming majority of outlooks on the situation are pessimistic. 

edit: I also don't know what fml means. I just wanted to make a table. It's been so long.

We won't get relegated this season, the squad has too much quality for that.  I think we'll have a frustrating season watching turgid, defensive, cowardly football but we have enough to finish 10th - 16th even with our management and coaching deficiencies.

It may have been a go to excuse for Pards last season but I think injuries did hamper us because our squad was so paper thin.  An injury to a key player like Cabaye or Captain Colo left us fielding championship quality players.  Hopefully we'll get our best 11 out more consistently this year and maybe have a go at the cups.

Be nice to finish top 10 anyway just to see Nemtizz's tattoo :lol:

Have a go at the cups  :yao:

the squad has too much quality

:facepalm:

Hate that phrase, as it´s not true. And hate pardews small time mentality. I´m just a bit more exited that the season is starting today, than I have been all summer, but at the same time it´s with a sad face. If we get a new contract I will be over the moon. Not because I think it´s were we belong, but I can´t expect more with pardew/Kinnear/Ashley.