Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Nailed on, unless something is fine to rid this club of the cancer that's eating away at its heart. Seriously, we're in trouble here. Believe it.

:thup:

People will of course come in on their high horse and say we're all just giving a kneejerk reaction. :lol:

I'm starting at an 8, I do think that there will be some total dog shit teams this season, that might keep us up but it's got to improve by a hell of a lot from tonight's showing, because even teams like Hull and Cardiff will fancy their chances against us.

After one game, vs Man City away you shouldn't really be putting any predictions down for being relegated, but the simple facts are that it looks like nothing has changed from last season.  We've got the same lifeless squad being led by someone who shouldn't be anywhere near a football team in any top league and turned up at one of top four with nothing but a hat-full of excuses before a ball has even been kicked.

I always expected us to lose, even heavily (I predicted 4-0). But I expected some fight at least. The manner of the defeat was shocking, it was like we just picked 11 fans from the stands and fired them out to make up the numbers. I'm struggling to think of a team in the league that wouldn't beat us playing like that tonight.

Guest neesy111

Nailed on, unless something is fine to rid this club of the cancer that's eating away at its heart. Seriously, we're in trouble here. Believe it.

People will of course come in on their high horse and say we're all just giving a kneejerk reaction. :lol:

I wonder who that will be.....

Guest Phil K

I wonder who that will be.....

Usual subjects no doubt.

"Our dressing room is a place of peace and serenity and respect for Pardew" (and if you say otherwise you're making it all up !!!)

Relegation fear is still way too early, surely Ashley will need to get rid of Pardew and install someone with at least SOME ability (That will rule out Kinnear)

I'd say I'm a 5, the club has been on a downer for the best part of 12 months but we might do better than 4 or 5 other teams, particularly if we fluke out and get a proper manager in. The worry has basically continued from last season mind which is, erm, worrying.

Carrying on from last season....no creativity don't look like scoring...FFS we had 3 touches inside city's box last night even lower league teams have a shot on goal we had nothing

Simple formula is don't score goals you go down and we don't look like scoring not scored for 3 games at home

With this manager and setup I cannot see us beating anybody

I'd say I'm a 5, the club has been on a downer for the best part of 12 months but we might do better than 4 or 5 other teams, particularly if we fluke out and get a proper manager in. The worry has basically continued from last season mind which is, erm, worrying.

You have easily enough good players to not be anywhere near the relegation places.

Watching the match last night it was pretty gobsmacking to see largely the same bunch of players turn out such a half-arsed, not bothered, unmotivated performance, much as they did last season.

When you were making signings last year, you were the envy of a good chunk of the league for having identified so many decent French players, and then the same last January when you brought in Sissoko. I specifically remember, for example, on numerous occasions as the January window closed and you and us were both struggling, hearing Villa fans reflect that you had successfully bought yourselves out of trouble.

You need new faces in now, that's obvious, but there is a long way from that state of affairs to what you have now, which is somehow managing to fashion out of a decent squad of players, a side which looks like considerably less than the sum of its parts.

Baffling.