Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Carver takes a lot of the blame, as does the rest of the club hierarchy and especially Mike Ashley but it's also true that our team seems to be made up of a lot of gutless players who don't seem to have any spirit, fight or professional pride. I'm sure if most Championship teams had played our last 7 fixtures they would have picked up some points which is more than our team has.

We've quite clearly been one of the worst teams in the league like. So fucking boring.

is there actually anybody with a worse point total in the time since Carver was put in charge?

No. QPR is as bad; 9 points from 45.

I'm surprised there is anyone as bad tbh. Mind you they've probably played a lot better than us in the same period. The club deserve relegation for the last 2 seasons, last season to not even bring in one player on a permanent basis was staggering (and I remain baffled how in gods name we didn't end up anywhere near a relegation battle) to let your manager go without much of a fight and not bother to replace him just leave someone who has never demonstrated any ability to manage a club and to top it off just make it somehow harder for him by having basically 1 fit defender worth a damn.

He can't take all the blame when we've got a captain who's been stealing a living for years. A lot of other players follow his example, too.

The only players this season who deserve any credit are Ayoze, Janmaat, and Cisse (Even after the spitgate). After that I am struggling. As much as I hate Colback, he has about 5 goals and 5 assists too.

The management, Captain, along with the majortiy of the playing squad want shot even if we stay up.

I thought we were safe, lose at Leicester and we're staring down the barrel. If we go down and Hull and Sland stay up it will have shades of the last relegation. I honestly thought 35 points would be enough.

More than shades. Hull play Man Utd and Chelsea play the mackems on the final day, just like back in 2009. We play West Ham instead of Villa but the strip colour is the same.

Carver takes basically all for getting us in this predicament like. I mean obviously they should have got a manager in but 7 losses in a row is ridiculous.

while I hardly disagree with the fact he's nowhere near up to the task, he didn't exactly leave himself in charge, during the "search" for the next puppet/head coach he never demonstrated anything to suggest he was a safe pair of hands but still he was left in charge. Also the approach to building the squad ie ignore what the squad actually needs and reluctantly sign players based on possible resale value alone and not little things like we need fucking defenders is coming back to bite the club in the ass nicely. And to top it off the players have basically been on holiday since Pardew left so lovely attitude from them.

Regardless of how shit our team is, Carver is the one responsible for picking the XI, putting in Taylor and Jonas CM while leaving Abeid on the bench, he's the one responsible for sending them out trying to fire them up to get results. He's failed fucking miserably.

With the same squad, player injuries and suspensions, a proper manager would have seen us finish comfortably. There's not even a doubt about that.

If Swansea was a World Cup final I dread to see what our rest of the games are like. Fuck you Carver, fuck you Ashley and a big motherfuck you to thumbsucker Lee Charnley. And a massive fuck you to all our thick fans, the media and top-4 supporting cunts, too.

We've got a lot of problems in the squad without a doubt, but one win would have done it, in the last seven games and he couldn't get it. Abysmal

You could replace "he" (Carver) with "they" (the team). Our team can't win or draw 1 game out of 7.

Well yeah but had we of got Sherwood in on a temp basis, or anyone remotely decent we wouldn't have lost 7 in a row. IO'm not excusing the team but its clear Carver is horribly out of his depth

I agree. If Mike Ashley had any sense he'd bring in an experienced, decent manager for the last 4 games to try to save his investment (as he will see it). If we get relegated he can hardly say he did everything to stop it, on the contrary, it seems he's done nothing to stop it.

Carver takes a lot of the blame, as does the rest of the club hierarchy and especially Mike Ashley but it's also true that our team seems to be made up of a lot of gutless players who don't seem to have any spirit, fight or professional pride. I'm sure if most Championship teams had played our last 7 fixtures they would have picked up some points which is more than our team has.

see the thing I don't understand about this argument is that we went down without a fight with Nolan, barton, colo, jonas etc. last time yet when we came back up they were lauded as the backbone of the team that meant we had the fight to get back up :lol:

now we're headed down again (so to speak) yet this group of players clearly don't have the fight..

football is littered with examples of teams with good players that just go down - are they all lazy, spineless forrin kernts or is there perhaps more to it than that?