Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Gino14

The relegationometer was up to an 11 smashing up the scale tonight when Leicester were winning. It just gave me that feeling of us being utter s*** and to go against us, even the other s*** sides are winning everything, especially after the Hull result last night.  With that Chelsea result and some balance restored I'm a little bit calmer now, but I still feel like we need points badly. 35 just won't do it in my opinion.

Tonight's result wouldnt have changed much for us. We need one win regardless. The mackems won't get 38.

It changes the fact that Leicester can't win to go above us at the weekend. Extra motivation for them and pressure on us. It changes the fact that it's another team below us longer for things to go wrong for. I'm not even convinced we'll get another point yet. Nothing would surprise me less than us getting nothing and Sunderland getting five points to relegate us on goal difference. We're just the kind of club these things seem to happen to. There's no magical phenomena in it, we're just run by dickheads and clubs run by dickheads always end up in the shit eventually.

Guest ElCid

We deserve to go down. But if we can't get points from our last four fixtures that will really cement that notion.

West Brom and Ham are both safe and have nothing to play for. Playing them at home we have to get something. Huge huge weekend of football ahead that could change everything.

West Brom aren't Safe yet, they are only 2 pts ahead of us.

No way and sunderland getting 7 points

I don't think so either but from 5 games they still have a chance to get there. West Brom will still have a lot to play for when they come to SJP, unless they get three points at the weekend, because historically Pulis's sides have often stopped playing when they hit that number.

Just can't see it with their games and I'd be shocked if they got more than 3 points from their next games - at a real struggle 4 points. Their not playing us and have only won 3 games out of a possible 32 in all their other games in the season. They had their one off miracle last year and not going to happen again. They have the worst set of games out of the teams at the bottom, are a terrible team and are currently in the drop off zone. Would anyone here swap their games and their points total for ours - I very much doubt it. I don't think we need another point but even if we do, if we can't get 3 points out of the next four games then frankly we deserve to go down. The return of Cisse, D Jong, Sissoko and possibly Aarons and Dummett will save our bacon if need be.

Guest ElCid

Love the way lots of people are saying Dummett, Sissoko, Cisse, Aarons etc will save us, based on what exactly?

Based on the fact they are some of the only players who have shown any real form this year (Cisse has 11 goals may I remind you) and De Jong although possibly injury prone has a good record goal scoring wise. Pretty basic to see what it's based on actually - think it's very strange for you to think they wouldn't make a difference.

Guest Gino14

Having read the last few pages, I've come up with a totally unique viewpoint - if we can't win another game, we quite frankly deserve to go down.

Carver and Ashley deserve to go down. They're the manager and chairman of the type that deserve to go down every time. The players are of the quality that probably don't. Their effort quite frankly is deserving of relegation, but that could be down to the management being very lacking as well. As fans I don't think we deserve a relegation, but which loyal fans do? Deserving is a difficult concept in football really, there's a lot of different parties involved.  We shouldn't go down though with what we have. There's one vital cog taking us down and it's Carver, simple as that. The guy above him also responsible is Ashley and the two twats deserve each other.

This place will explode if we get relegated. That result last night calms the nerves a bit.

not sure anyone cares enough to explode anymore

I think the best you could hope for is a couple of petulant scoffs.

It's all about what Sunderland do.

I bet that's what Carver is saying to the team. "Never mind your own performances lads, if Sunderland lose the rest we're safe!" *There, that should motivate them*

Guest Roger Kint

It's all about what Sunderland do.

Well obviously, if the teams below us dont catch us its a fairly good chance we wont go down :lol:

Still remember when the fat prick performed a shit-stirring victory dance (was it the rumba?) in the faces of the Mackems' directors, after experiencing his first derby win. Admittedly it was a long time ago, but i've always thought that to face rub (with shit) a rival club invites a visitation from Fate in the form of a long overdue bitchslap. Hate to say this but there is something  perversely funny about the prospect of Sunderland escaping the drop at the expense of Mike Ashley's Sports Direct United

Guest Roger Kint

Still remember when the fat prick performed a shit-stirring victory dance (was it the rumba?) in the faces of the Mackems' directors, after experiencing his first derby win. Admittedly it was a long time ago, but i've always thought that to face rub (with shit) a rival club invites a visitation from Fate in the form of a long overdue bitchslap. Hate to say this but there is something  perversely funny about the prospect of Sunderland escaping the drop at the expense of Mike Ashley's Sports Direct United

You mean like they did 6 years ago?