Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

A defence is obviously less about the individuals and more about how the four complement each other and how the manager organises them. I think rafa will do that quite quickly and then it's just a matter of finding goals from somewhere and grinding out a few scrappy wins. When are towns end and Cisse back?

I've got to think that even though he has the exit plan if we don't stay up, he sees enough in the squad to make him think he's got a decent shot at keeping us up. He may be supremely confident--but it's not Pardewesque baseless confidence. I can't see him taking on something that's a fundamental losing battle. That really means nothing, I guess. Stupid hope. Always fucking shit up.

Given it 7, but feeling a lot more optimistic about it than I was this morning. All depends on how quickly Benitez gets these players to buy into his tactical instructions. My only concern is that his teams at Napoli and Madrid weren't quite so disciplined defensively as he is generally renowned for. It will be touch and go.

Can we get 2 more points from our 10 than Norwich and Sunderland can from their 9? That's pretty much the question, bearing in mind we play both of them I reckon it's about 50/50 for surviving now. That's dramatically better than it was 3 or 4 days ago.

http://i.imgur.com/xAymXns.png

Play all 5 of them, 3 at home.  He's got as good a chance as he'd get at getting us safe - could hardly ask for better fixtures

I'm at a '5' now

I agree, our fixture list has to be one of the easier ones amongst the strugglers. Winning 3 or 4 of those 5 games, I think will probably be enough, assuming we pick up a few points other places.

What was our situation like this time last season? Think we're more in the shit now than we were last year and we needed the final day to stay up then  :undecided:

However,I have complete faith in the big man.

91a170c3c1f0375c7d126a0160913e4f.png

Edit: We finished on 39 points :lol:

What was our situation like this time last season? Think we're more in the s*** now than we were last year and we needed the final day to stay up then  :undecided:

However,I have complete faith in the big man.

91a170c3c1f0375c7d126a0160913e4f.png

Edit: We finished on 39 points :lol:

Christ, look at Leicester. We're they really that adrift...there's surely never been such a turnaround in fortunes. At least not in the premiership.

Guest DonaldGrump

From 9 to 8 as he really hasnt got a great hand to play I do think its between us and the Mackems. They have a goal scorer in Defoe which is a factor in thier favour. Its not beyond the realms that we and or Sunderland could catch Palace for reasons that we are familiar with. 

From 9 to 8 as he really hasnt got a great hand to play I do think its between us and the Mackems. They have a goal scorer in Defoe which is a factor in thier favour. Its not beyond the realms that we could catch Palace for reasons that we are familiar with. 

Corrected = dreamland

There are 30 points to play for, considerably more than we have at present :lol:

Great way to look at it. I think that's how Rafa's looking at it too. That and the fact that we play a lot of the bottom dwellers as well.

Ten matches to go, we can do it.