Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

It's an 8 for me as we still have problems at CB and LB. If Rafa had been hired a few weeks earlier I would be a lot more confident, but I can't see us beating Sunderland at the moment (I'm a pessimist). With two relegation spots open and effectively three teams battling it out for those spots, losing to Sunderland would a huge blow. Our players have shown little mental resilience in the past, and that game is going to massive. Had Rafa had a few games to get a run going I would have been far more confident about beating the mackems, and in turn our survival.

Swansea will pick up a win against Villa, they also have Stoke and us still to play. Stoke's form is all over the place so I can see them getting something there. As or us, I don't have a clue what kind of team we will be at that point.

Palace have Norwich and us as winnable games. I can see Pardew getting lucky enough to pick up a few more points which should keep them up.

It all depends on how quickly Benitez can turn around a team which has been floundering for years.

Pretty much this, I'm confident the bloke is capable and we've made the right decision. Once again though it's been down to the desperate idiots in charge that so much pressure is on him and the team he has.

Still a 6 for me, still think we're more likely to go down than not but could go either way, I have a lot of confidence in Rafa but I just think we've left it too late, there are plenty of winnable games left but it all depends on how quickly the players take to him and his methods.

The derby is absolutely huge for both teams, whoever wins will have the boost to go on and stay up I think.

If its a draw its still anyone's.

We 'only' have to better the results of Sunderland and Norwich. It's not like they're doing well either. Fingers crossed we experience the 'new manager bounce' effect. Surely our team can only improve on how they've performed this season. Have Sunderland and Norwich got the spare capacity to improve as much as we have?

If this was a parallel universe and instead of fighting relegation Newcastle, Sunderland and Norwich were all going for the title, would we be as pessimistic? 1 point behind, 1 (Sunderland) 2 (Norwich) game/s in hand, 10 games left and hopefully a new manage bounce.

The mackems and Norwich are both averaging less than a point per game over the season so far, so maintain that and they'll be finishing on no more than 33/34.

Means we would need 3 wins and a draw to stay up, seems a lot more achievable than 5 wins from 10.

The mackems and Norwich are both averaging less than a point per game over the season so far, so maintain that and they'll be finishing on no more than 33/34.

Means we would need 3 wins and a draw to stay up, seems a lot more achievable than 5 wins from 10.

Yup, winning 5 games would likely makes us very comfortable in the end.

All the trademarks of a team walking toward relegation tonight.

- beaten without opposition doing much

- give away cheap FKs all over the shop

- create nowt

- looks fairly decent between the two goal areas without doing much

- slow, laboured build up without necessarily losing ball

- loads of pass backs to keeper

- wrong end of questionable decisions

Don't think tonight really nudges the meter, but tonight's performance was somehow both encouraging and worrying.

Just think the meter is more interesting when you can see it shift over time rather than people only voting once and months passing.

voted an 8 was a 9.9 before we cant defend and we cannot score these areas of concern have not gone away despite a massive upturn in management, very very very early days but when you only have 9 games left you kinda need to hit the ground running. Just being harder to break down and not letting your heads drop is all well and good for not making your goal difference massively worse and picking up the odd point here or there but that wont get you out of the shit and staying in the league.

We need to find a way to get our noses in front dont care who scores but we need someone shame cisse seems to fell off the face of the earth when is the twat back?

Sunday will tell us everything.

Deserved a point today, but as expected we didn't get it. Must take the positive performance into the derby and must take all 3 points, and continue it going forward.

Lose to the mackems, are we are as good as confirmed in the chumpionship.

All the trademarks of a team walking toward relegation tonight.

- beaten without opposition doing much

- give away cheap FKs all over the shop

- create nowt

- looks fairly decent between the two goal areas without doing much

- slow, laboured build up without necessarily losing ball

- loads of pass backs to keeper

- wrong end of questionable decisions

:thup: