Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

All the other teams at the bottom have games they look likely to win and most of the teams directly below us seem to be showing signs of a fight Sunderland, Wigan and Villa. While Stoke and Norwich both have much easier home games than we do and you would expect them to push past 36 points.

Would you expect all of those things to happen together though?

And would you have said before Sunderland that it was the only game we had a chance of getting points in?

I expect Norwich to beat Reading at home taking them 38 pts. I expect Stoke to beat Norwich at home (or QPR away), to take them to 37 pts. I expect Aston Villa to beat Sunderland at home taking them to 37pts. I expect Sunderland to beat Stoke at home taking them to 37 pts. I expect Wigan to beat Swansea (on their hols) and Aston Villa at home taking them to 37 pts. All those teams may pick up additional points too of course.  While we need to improve a lot on the Sunderland game at home and do something about our away form to even get one more point this season.

I said before the Fulham game that, that and and Sunderland ones were the only games I could see us winning between now and the end of the season. We are not drawing games, when we go away from home we lose, the two home games we have left look extremely tough on paper and both teams are better than the shower of s**** that thumped us on Sunday. QPR away is our best chance of getting anything, West Brom don't have a lot to play for but I'm sure they will be less nervous and are in better form than s right now. West Ham are still not clear and Alardyce, Carroll and Nolan will need to motivation to want to beat us.

Stoke and Norwich have much worse form than us, but you expect them to win games while you think we won't even get another point, why?

Look who Stoke are playing and where they are playing them, Norwich at home !  Norwich are playing Reading at home.  Those two games could be crucial to our season, I don't see Reading taking any points off anyone they are fucking awful and it's a disgrace that they took 4 pts from us this season.

Yes Stoke are playing at home, where they have only 5 points from their last 6 games, but you expect them to win.  Meanwhile we're playing West Brom and QPR away where we have 4 points in our last 6 games but those games are a right off apparently..

West Brom have 7 points from 6 games at home, we have 4 points from 6 away.  I've actually looked at the form table, I don't think you have.

Not saying that's representative of our exact chances, just comparing since you asked me too.

My point here is you're over rating other teams chances and under rating ours.  Our away form is almost identical to Stokes home form.  But you expect them to win a game there and think all of our away games are right offs, that doesn't add up IMO.

All the other teams at the bottom have games they look likely to win and most of the teams directly below us seem to be showing signs of a fight Sunderland, Wigan and Villa. While Stoke and Norwich both have much easier home games than we do and you would expect them to push past 36 points.

And would you have said before Sunderland that it was the only game we had a chance of getting points in?

I expect Norwich to beat Reading at home taking them 38 pts. I expect Stoke to beat Norwich at home (or QPR away), to take them to 37 pts. I expect Aston Villa to beat Sunderland at home taking them to 37pts. I expect Sunderland to beat Stoke at home taking them to 37 pts. I expect Wigan to beat Swansea (on their hols) and Aston Villa at home taking them to 37 pts. All those teams may pick up additional points too of course.  While we need to improve a lot on the Sunderland game at home and do something about our away form to even get one more point this season.

I said before the Fulham game that, that and and Sunderland ones were the only games I could see us winning between now and the end of the season. We are not drawing games, when we go away from home we lose, the two home games we have left look extremely tough on paper and both teams are better than the shower of s**** that thumped us on Sunday. QPR away is our best chance of getting anything, West Brom don't have a lot to play for but I'm sure they will be less nervous and are in better form than s right now. West Ham are still not clear and Alardyce, Carroll and Nolan will need to motivation to want to beat us.

Stoke and Norwich have much worse form than us, but you expect them to win games while you think we won't even get another point, why?

Look who Stoke are playing and where they are playing them, Norwich at home !  Norwich are playing Reading at home.  Those two games could be crucial to our season, I don't see Reading taking any points off anyone they are f***ing awful and it's a disgrace that they took 4 pts from us this season.

Yes Stoke are playing at home, where they have only 5 points from their last 6 games, but you expect them to win.  Meanwhile we're playing West Brom and QPR away where we have 4 points in our last 6 games but those games are a right off apparently..

There are 3 teams right now who are in awful form, Stoke, Norwich and Reading. If two of them meet, who do you give the advantage to ? Me I give it to the home team. Even if Stoke just get a draw from that game, you've got to back them to get a draw at QPR where they will just park the bus, as opposed to us who will go there to win no doubt. Stoke's GD is way better than ours, thanks largely to the tonkings at Man Shitty and against the mackems. It could all go down to whether us having a go at QPR yealds a better result than Stoke's park the bus tactics, away from home neither sides has worked well in 2013.

West Brom have 7 points from 6 games at home, we have 4 points from 6 away.  I've actually looked at the form table, I don't think you have.

Not saying that's representative of our exact chances, just comparing since you asked me too.

My point here is you're over rating other teams chances and under rating ours.  Our away form is almost identical to Stokes home form.  But you expect them to win a game there and think all of our away games are right offs, that doesn't add up IMO.

Can't say I did check the form in too much detail other than knowing our own woeful away form, 1 win away all season, doesn't fill me with any confidence that we'll get anything on Saturday.

I probably am over rating others and under rated us, like I said I'm a pessimistic bastard where NUFC is concerned, too many times have we found ways to fuck things up in the past to find any hope we won't do it again.

I agree.  We're in danger, but I think because of Sundays result,  some are under the false opinion that our form is worse than that of our rivals.

Look who Stoke are playing and where they are playing them, Norwich at home !  Norwich are playing Reading at home.  Those two games could be crucial to our season, I don't see Reading taking any points off anyone they are f***ing awful and it's a disgrace that they took 4 pts from us this season.

There are 3 teams right now who are in awful form, Stoke, Norwich and Reading. If two of them meet, who do you give the advantage to ? Me I give it to the home team. Even if Stoke just get a draw from that game, you've got to back them to get a draw at QPR where they will just park the bus, as opposed to us who will go there to win no doubt. Stoke's GD is way better than ours, thanks largely to the tonkings at Man Shitty and against the mackems. It could all go down to whether us having a go at QPR yealds a better result than Stoke's park the bus tactics, away from home neither sides has worked well in 2013.

Well Stoke haven't got so much as a point away from home this year and QPR have been decent at home so I wouldn't back Stoke to get a draw there to be honest.  Based on recent form we've got more of a chance of winning at QPR than Stoke have of drawing there.  Obviously in reality neither is very likely, though either could end up happening.. 

I just think if you asked a Stoke fan if they expect to beat Norwich at home and if they would back a draw at Loftus Road they'd probably answer no to both after watching one win this year at home and no points at all away.

I'm still worried by the way, but I think most if not all of the teams below us should still be more worried.

Guest ItalianMagpie

From the highlights it looks like Wigan dominated yesterday :neutral:

A lot of well built chances and pretty unlucky to come out with nothing. Big difference with our performance over there.

I reckon they are gonna easily beat Swansea, who are already on holiday.

We could say the same about us v West Brom. Are they already on holiday? Will QPR be on holiday by the time we go there? I'm pretty sure they'll be down by then. West Ham will probably be safe by the time we go there.

While we're understandably worried, i think a lot of opinion is based on how people feel after the derby debacle. We shouldn't be any more pessimistic than the likes of Stoke. Having said that, i'll still be mightily relieved to survive.

Yes, it can be said of WBA and (probably) QPR too, but the difference is that with our abysmal away form I really can't see us winning (or not losing?) these games even if they're gonna be on holiday.

And I've actually been thinking this for a long time, not since last Sunday.

Guest ItalianMagpie

And I disagree on the fact that we're basically safe cause the other teams can't all win simultaneously, as they play each other: this could be true if we were 4 or 5 points clear, but with 2 it's a nonsense, 1 win and they're all already above us, they all have 5 games to do that and they don't ALWAYS play each other.

We need to win at least another one, or we're fucked.

The guy in the Chronicle seems to think Villa will go down and seems to think that they have the worst run in. I would have to largely disagree with that, they have 3 very winnable games and he has given them something like 2 points from their last 5 games.

This weekend there is a few teams down there who play each other, Stoke vs QPR for example. A result one Saturday could go a long way in my opinion.

The guy in the Chronicle seems to think Villa will go down and seems to think that they have the worst run in. I would have to largely disagree with that. they have 3 very winnable games and he has given them something like 2 points from their last 5 games.

This weekend there is a few teams down there who play each other, Stoke vs QPR for example. A result one Saturday could go a long way in my opinion.

Is that Neil Cameron or something? Honestly, his articles are ten times worse than Ryders. Everytime I read them I cringe to fuck.

The guy in the Chronicle seems to think Villa will go down and seems to think that they have the worst run in. I would have to largely disagree with that. they have 3 very winnable games and he has given them something like 2 points from their last 5 games.

Is that Neil Cameron or something? Honestly, his articles are ten times worse than Ryders. Everytime I read them I cringe to fuck.

Yeah I just don't get it. In my opinion Villa have one of the best fixture lists, or at least the most opportunist. Because of that I would say they are safe even though I wouldn't be adverse to seeing them go down I just can't see it. However if Villa don't take at least 1 win out of those games then they would probably deserve to go down.

The thing about Stoke is that, out of all the other strugglers, they really lack the players to produce moments of magic. That can be important when you need a boost out of nowhere.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02361/owen_2361720b.jpg

The thing about Stoke is that, out of all the other strugglers, they really lack the players to produce moments of magic. That can be important when you need a boost out of nowhere.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02361/owen_2361720b.jpg

http://live4liverpool.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Owen-injury.jpg

Yeah I just don't get it. In my opinion Villa have one of the best fixture lists, or at least the most opportunist. Because of that I would say they are safe even though I wouldn't be adverse to seeing them go down I just can't see it. However if Villa don't take at least 1 win out of those games then they would probably deserve to go down.

Man Utd away next game then Sunderland at home in a 6 pointer.

Man Utd away next game then Sunderland at home in a 6 pointer.

Sunderland, Norwich, and Wigan are the 3 games I'm referring to. If your down at the bottom you would have to fancy taking some points out off them.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I can see the games against mackems and Norwich being draws for Villa. And they won't be getting past Wigan, did you see the game at villa park? Wigan destroyed them, 3-0 but could have been more as Wigan had blatant peno waved away and all, and with safety on the line I'd be confident in saying Wigan will beat them again.