Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Cant believe im still reading comments that people think we can stay up.

You've been saying that for the last 5 'must win' games - Stoke (L), Bournemouth (L), Leicester (L), mackems (D) and Norwich (L). We now need to win 4 from our last 6 games, even though we have only won 9 of our last 50.

Exactly right. No chance whatsoever.

It's gone. We actually did sleepwalk our way to relegation.

Why is playing away from home so fucking difficult?

I mean it's still a huge patch of grass with 2 goals at either end. Still the same ball.Even playing with the same group of retards mates.

It just goes to show our mindset of the squad. Players so insecure and nervous that unless they're playing in an environment where they have spent the last few weeks and months they simply cannot perform.

Spent Saturday afternoon watching fucking Sunderland and West Brom in SOL. Mates stag do in Newcastle (no other Newcastle fans - mostly Mancs). Refreshing BBC sport following our game with 11 others updating me as well whilst I tried to keep them schtum. Saw it go 2-2 on my phone on the final whistle and stood up to get the fuck out stifling my happiness when the scores came up on the screen and it said 3-2. Thought they'd got it wrong at first then checked my phone. Fucking outrageous. Pretty much my moment of thinking "that's it now. Down". Seemed fitting finding out where and in the manner I did after watching that utter garbage for 90 minutes. Confirmed on that stinking fucking screen, walking out that place, through the absolute arsehole of an area it is. Fucking tore apart. Fuck it all.

January transfer window, Saivet & Doumbia?

Combined wages must be 100k. Saivet was reported 6m fee. So plus the 1.5m on their wages so far,7.5m would have seen us a defender instead of wasting on players we don't intend to use? Don't get it. Doumbia another Ferayra type inclusion.

Why do we never ever address the problem aeas, even people who don't watch us wouldn't take them long to see in the transfer window we should have signed a LB CB & Striker, and not spent on Shelvey,Townsend,Saivet, Doumbia, f***ing cluless blind idiots.

Did they not honestly believe we were possibly going to be relegated back in January, there were a lot of people saying don't panic we will be fine, Robbie Savage said at the start of the season this would happen, can't stand him but spot on with predicted nufc safc will go down.

There are quite often 'sweeteners' used by the selling club in transfers...these could be used to line various people's pockets(I will leave you to work out whose at NUFC would benefit...!!)and lets face it, the signing of these 2 seems to be an ideal example of a likely case. Non-entities who add nothing to the squad's likelihood of survival or improvement and we are likely to see both gone at the end of the season. When NUFC signed Marcelino from Mallorca, the fee was quoted as being 10m....sources close to Mallorca later claimed in the media that the REAL fee was around 6m.....who got the rest....????

You can't link the current decline of nufc to the regions decline of industrial production.

The current decline is down to Ashley's lack of football knowledge and his poor judgement of professional people or lack of judgement.

Yes, in our case it is Ashley to blame but the general point I made still stands - it costs a fortune to attend PL clubs regularly these days, at least if you follow a SUCCESSFUL one...if you live in an area of low wages and poor job opportunities you have little spare to spend on football STs - just look at some of the ST prices in the PL compared to ours and you will see that the only way we have been able to keep high attendances under Ashley is because he sells tickets BELOW the standard rate. If you look at the price of our STs back in the 90s, they were much higher percentage-wise than they are now in comparison to cost of living/wages ; we could charge more then because we had a better product that people were prepared to spend quite a bit of their disposable income to see - now we haven't and we have NO waiting list for STs...

Just pure financial common sense.

We we flying high under SJH and Keegan in the 90s then again under SBR in the early 00s stadiums were packed out.  It's got nowt to do with living in a poorer area.  Liverpool is a poor region of the country but always want to be successful.  Nufc as well as SAFC have both been grosly mismanaged.  Ashley cracks out cheap ticks as the product on show is f***ing dismal.

It HAS got to do with the product being offered - you ignored that fact. We had sell-outs(and a waiting list for STs)in the 90s because we had a very good set-up on and off the field....now we don't and even you must admit that the northern regions of the country have declined in the 20 years since...take Swan Hunter, closed in 1993 as just one example.

As for Liverpool, they draw their support far more widely in the UK and overseas than we do because they were once very successful, and in recent memory too.

We have won NOWT for nearly 50 years, man.

Guest chopey

I did the stadium tour yesterday with my son and 6 of his mates for his birthday and the tour guide said the cheapest box for 8 is £17500 a season, last time we went down the same box went for £2000. She said that everyone is panicking for their jobs and the atmosphere in the club is shite with no communication from the management other than charnleys emails

Don't think anyone thinks that there is a likelihood we'll stay up. It's obviously still possible though - if it wasn't don't you think bookies would be offering thousands of pounds on tiny bets to get people to stick a few quid on, or stop bets? (e.g. Coral offer 1/500 for Villa and 1/6 one for us. Bookies odds aren't purely based on probability, but there's obviously a difference between the chance of Villa staying up and us).  s**** teams do put runs together. We very likely we won't, but of course there's a chance we could make up a 6 point gap in 7 games. Saying it's 100% definite doesn't make you a realist, it means you have a s*** grasp of probability, so can't really be arsed with people being pompous about people discussing chance of staying up.

In our current s*** form, we've gotten 7 points from the last 4 home games. We have 4 more remaining. It's nowhere near beyond the realms of possibility that we could repeat that. We have won 2 away wins (one v second placed Spurs, pretty sure people would say that was impossible), which is s***, but if we're ever going to win another, the best chance is Villa way, which we have to play. Then there are of course the unlikely possibilities of extra points away at Southampton or Villa? While remembering the terrible form Norwich are capable of going on. Likely we'll stay up? Nowhere near. Impossible? Of course not. Doubt many here would be thinking Norwich are out of reach if they were Norwich fans.

Know most people aren't, but saw a post or two some back that wound me up.

Personally I'm resigned enough that I'm facing up to the gutting fact we'll almost certainly lose Rafa so soon. I'm not resigned enough to be apathetic again and disinterested in the next 2 games.

There are still 9 points that we should be looking at - Swansea, Palace, Villa with 2 nailed on losses - Southampton, Liverpool.

So its down to can we win those 3 games and pick up 3 points from City and Spurs who could both have nothing or everything to play for when they arrive

I reckon 12 will be enought to stay up, but not exactly confident that we'll get them. If we get 12 then its Norwich and Palace who go down with Villa

There are still 9 points that we should be looking at - Swansea, Palace, Villa with 2 nailed on losses - Southampton, Liverpool.

So its down to can we win those 3 games and pick up 3 points from City and Spurs who could both have nothing or everything to play for when they arrive

I reckon 12 will be enought to stay up, but not exactly confident that we'll get them. If we get 12 then its Norwich and Palace who go down with Villa

You think Sunderland would get 9 points in this scenario?

Aren't you forgetting another club?  :D

Aren't you forgetting another club?  :D

Unfortunately can see you getting out of it.

I'll have a pint of what this guys drinking please

You say 4 wins will keep us safe, yet that will be us on 37 points if Norwich beat palace and the mackems that's them on 37 with a better gd

Palace only need 1 win to hit 37

Fucking face facts man we won't even hit 30 points I honestly don't think we will win again this season

:lol: Don't do this to yourself.