Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

It seems on here that whenever we win a game it's because they've had a bad game or that they're the worst team in the league. It's too soon to get carried away, simply because it's the beginning of the season, but we played well today against a team on a high from a win and a successful close of the transfer window. Happy to just enjoy it and see it as a well executed game plan.

100% this. :thup:

It seems on here that whenever we win a game it's because they've had a bad game or that they're the worst team in the league. It's too soon to get carried away, simply because it's the beginning of the season, but we played well today against a team on a high from a win and a successful close of the transfer window. Happy to just enjoy it and see it as a well executed game plan.

Spot on.

Spot on.

It's fair enough, we've done well the last two games, if we continue like it then we stand a good chance of staying in the league. I think it'll be difficult to keep up the momentum and concentration that the lads are managing at the moment though without depth in the squad.

I said at the beginning of the season there is a lot of dross that with Rafa in charge I would be confident we could finish ahead, the Spuds game had me worried that the doom mongers on here were right all along, the Huddersfield game compounded that especially with the fear that we were offering so little from an attacking perspective. However the West Ham game and this Swansea game, has shown we have nothing to fear from, from the bottom sides in this division. I've been a 6 since Spuds and not changing, still a long way to go and I think we need a few players to play at a little higher level than today (Hayden, Perez, Murphy and even Ritchie) to keep picking up points. But from four games you take 6 points in our position.

We've played arguably the two worst teams around atm on the trot, so I think we'd be foolish to get carried away. But that doesn't mean to say I'm not delighted with two deserved wins. It makes me think; f***, if only we'd strengthened, we'd have a chance at a comfortably top half finish and maybe even pushing the top 8. C'est la vie. Confidence should be high and if we make it three wins from the first five, all of a sudden it's a really, really decent start to the season. f***ing loads better than our last opening games in the PL under Schteve.

worst teams atm?

Too early to say on Swansea, but West Ham's other two results were a defeat against Man United and a 3-2 defeat away from home against Southampton when they were down to 10 men after half an hour. Unless something goes horribly wrong this season west ham will be comfortably mid table.

:dontknow: Swansea had no width, offered very little and gifted our 6'2 CB a run at a corner. West Ham were generally appalling. I'm just being balanced in response to Stan's post that said we'd stay up comfortably; we deserve those excellent six points but I remain a bit nervous about a squad that clearly isn't brimming with PL talent. As has been pointed out by various people, we're relying on them being well-drilled, organised and - refreshingly - the fact that the team is determined and committed. Stoke is going to be the toughest test of these past three games.

:dontknow: Swansea had no width, offered very little and gifted our 6'2 CB a run at a corner. West Ham were generally appalling. I'm just being balanced in response to Stan's post that said we'd stay up comfortably; we deserve those excellent six points but I remain a bit nervous about a squad that clearly isn't brimming with PL talent. As has been pointed out by various people, we're relying on them being well-drilled, organised and - refreshingly - the fact that the team is determined and committed. Stoke is going to be the toughest test of these past three games.

I think the difference this season is that a properly coached Benitez team will easily win enough games against the dregs of the league to stay up. Beating shit teams, and there are plenty, is the way to stay up rather than relying on getting results from the top 6-7.

No doubt in my mind we stay up this season.

I think we might is now a certified guarantee is it?

Guest firetotheworks

We also have the best manager we've probably ever had. It's not as black and white as taking one little bit of isolated information and running with it to try and trip people up.

We also have the best manager we've probably ever had. It's not as black and white as taking one little bit of isolated information and running with it to try and trip people up.

This, I just though it was an interesting stat, although I do tend to look at the positive angle more then the negative. :thup:

I thought we were the worst team in the league with the worst squad ever though?

We may well be no more than a pig's ear, but we are expertly hand-stitched by an artisan, using the finest silk thread.

He's probably the best tactical manager in the league behind Mourinho, Pep, Klopp and Conte.

If anyone can keep us up with our lack of resources it's him and he has developed a pretty decent well organised team

I don't want to get carried away. Two wins, yes, but against what could turn out to be two of the worst teams in the league this season: WHam & Swansea. Crystal Palace we should also look to beat.

On the other hand, I don't mind losing to Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea if we're beating the teams in the bottom half to keep us up - not very ambitious but something to build on then. Swings and round-abouts.

I think we might is now a certified guarantee is it?

Yes, it bloody well is alright