Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Howaythetoon

We have been an utter shambles of an outfit for a few years now but you have to factor in the seemingly never ending crisis this club has been in which in more ways than one has effected on pitch performances and our overall position in the league. We are where we are in the league in the main thanks to such problems off the pitch.

Managerial changes, coaches coming and going, takeovers and continued under investment in the playing staff despite a huge turnover of players cannot be a healthy existence for any set of players regardless of their talent which we severely lack. If we stay up we will have deserved it, just as we'll deserve to go down should we.

I mean had KK stayed, does anyone think we'd be where we are now? Had Shearer been brought in much earlier perhaps safety would have resulted weeks ago. Had Venables arrived instead of Kinnear. Had Ashley spent some money and so on and so on.

While those players are obviously not good enough and haven't been for a while, many many factors outside of them has played arguably a bigger role in our demise or drop to the relegation spots and potentially relegation full stop.

If we do survive, with all that has gone on and with these players we really MUST take advantage of what will feel like a miracle because as far back as Stoke at home when a former Mag equalised in the dying minutes I thought fate was conspiring against us and that we were heading one way only and events since haven't exactly made me feel any different, indeed more nailed on.

So if we do somehow survive I truly hope all concerned use this lesson if you want to call it that as a yardstick to finally do what is needed and what is right by this great club of ours which has only ever needed a good manager being backed to the hilt and not necessarily in the transfer market either. A good manager will be able to more than survive on a reasonable budget as KK and Sir Bobby proved in their respective time here, spending what turned out to be something like a net spend of £8m per season or something.

I hope that man can be Alan Shearer, one of us.

Roll on the 'Boro and with any luck 3 points. Anything less just won't do.

COME ON NEWCASTLE!

Blackburn are worse than us? Have a word man they've done the double over us and looked a well functioning outift since Allardyce took charge. Horrible football but they've won 4 games since our last win

Our problem is that we have drawn a lot of games. We have the least number of wins out of all the teams. If we go down that will be one of the main reasons and it would be hard to complain.

Its funny, thats the reason why teams are relegated every season :rolleyes:

Take it literally why don't you? The point is we can't complain about being where we are because based on wins we are the worst team in the league at the moment.

anly pulling ya pisser man,

your right btw, we cant complain if we go down anyway, cos the club is a fucking shambles from pillar to pisspot.

Oh and I'm now on a 9 from a 10. Beat 'Boro and it will be a 7.

Anything above a 5 means its more likely than not that we go down. So if we beat boro I would say that we are more likely to stay up than Hull - so I've gone from a 8 to a 6 today, and will move to a 4 if we beat boro!

Who can possibly still be on a 9 or 10?

Guest neesy111

We have been an utter shambles of an outfit for a few years now but you have to factor in the seemingly never ending crisis this club has been in which in more ways than one has effected on pitch performances and our overall position in the league. We are where we are in the league in the main thanks to such problems off the pitch.

Managerial changes, coaches coming and going, takeovers and continued under investment in the playing staff despite a huge turnover of players cannot be a healthy existence for any set of players regardless of their talent which we severely lack. If we stay up we will have deserved it, just as we'll deserve to go down should we.

I mean had KK stayed, does anyone think we'd be where we are now? Had Shearer been brought in much earlier perhaps safety would have resulted weeks ago. Had Venables arrived instead of Kinnear. Had Ashley spent some money and so on and so on.

While those players are obviously not good enough and haven't been for a while, many many factors outside of them has played arguably a bigger role in our demise or drop to the relegation spots and potentially relegation full stop.

If we do survive, with all that has gone on and with these players we really MUST take advantage of what will feel like a miracle because as far back as Stoke at home when a former Mag equalised in the dying minutes I thought fate was conspiring against us and that we were heading one way only and events since haven't exactly made me feel any different, indeed more nailed on.

So if we do somehow survive I truly hope all concerned use this lesson if you want to call it that as a yardstick to finally do what is needed and what is right by this great club of ours which has only ever needed a good manager being backed to the hilt and not necessarily in the transfer market either. A good manager will be able to more than survive on a reasonable budget as KK and Sir Bobby proved in their respective time here, spending what turned out to be something like a net spend of £8m per season or something.

COME ON NEWCASTLE!

the players are equally as responsible with many of them living on their reputations at this club, so saying that they are not good enough won't wash with me or many others tbh

COME ON NEWCASTLE!

Just because players aren't good enough doesn't excuse them for the lack of effort they put in.

Yet again the results have gone for us. We're a win and a draw away from staying up imo.

I reckon we'll do it.  :aww:

If it wasn't for the "win" part I would be really confident.

It feels more realistic after today but I still feel we are down :(

Down from a 9 to an 8.  Goes to a 5 if we beat boro.

similar to this

:nods:

Our confidence is so brittle right now that if we beat Boro I think it'll give us the boost we need to subsequently do enough to stay up.

Yet again the results have gone for us. We're a win and a draw away from staying up imo.

I reckon we'll do it.  :aww:

If it wasn't for the "win" part I would be really confident.

It feels more realistic after today but I still feel we are down :(

We're long overdue a win and we'll beat the Boro. They're shitter than us. :nods:

I am confident we'll beat 'boro and that therefore it is all down to Bolton vs Hull, I can onyl see Hull getting one point and I reckon we could get 1 from the remaining 2. I'd say I am at a 5.

The result today leaves us in a position where one win and two losses could see us realistically survive.

Not forgetting the Mackems have got two extremely hard games to come.

Fucking come on. Can't wait for Monday now.

Down from a 9 to an 8.  Goes to a 5 if we beat boro.

similar to this

:nods:

Our confidence is so brittle right now that if we beat Boro I think it'll give us the boost we need to subsequently do enough to stay up.

I totally agree, that's why Boro is the must win game.

At this moment in time still on a 9.We have to actually win a game and thats not something I have a great deal of confidence in us doing.....having said that if we can beat anyone surley its this hapless Boro side?

So I  hope to move that down to a 7/8 after tomorrow nights game...surely even we can't fuck it up, surely :weep:

Only nagging thing in my mind is if it was to come down to last game of season......

European Cup Final and FA cup final looming for 2 of the  teams involved in critical games for us....what sides would Chelski and Manure put out, could be crucial. :angry:

Man U will probably hav sewn the title up by the time they play Hull. I doubt it will make much difference but I'd prefer them to have needed the points at that stage.