Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Why are people so confident after a win tonight? When was the last time a team survived on 34 points? Hull play Bolton at the weekend so even with 3 points tonight I will still be on an 8 or a 9 as we will need something in the last 2 games aswell, probably another win.

2005/2006 was the last time 34 points was enough, its been enough for 5 out of the last 10 seasons, assuming better goal difference of course which we have.

I do worry about Manure on the last day of the season at Hull.

Exactly. 3 days before the Champions League Final I'm sure Man U will have all their kids playing in that game (unless they haven't won the Premiership by then which is unlikely).

You think that'll be an easy game for Hull?

I do worry about Manure on the last day of the season at Hull.

Exactly. 3 days before the Champions League Final I'm sure Man U will have all their kids playing in that game (unless they haven't won the Premiership by then which is unlikely).

You think that'll be an easy game for Hull?

No but it's a lot easier than playing a team containing the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, etc.

I'd rather they played eager talented young players then a bunch who are already mentally lying on the beach.  Obviously we all hope that Manure will still have something to play for on the last day, but if they don't I think the kids playing won't be the worst scenario for us.

I'd rather they played eager talented young players then a bunch who are already mentally lying on the beach.  Obviously we all hope that Manure will still have something to play for on the last day, but if they don't I think the kids playing won't be the worst scenario for us.

I don't want to be relying on Man U's youngsters to get us a result, they quite often get beat by mediocre teams in the lesser cup competitions. If we win tonight hopefully by the last day we'll already be safe.

That's true but they will come under pressure to play their strongest team, if they buckle to that pressure that may not be a good thing for us because as you rightly say the motivation is for the kids and fringe players may be a lot greater than the stars trying to make sure that they do not pick up an injury that stops them from playing in the CL final.

I think the liklihood is though that we'll be relying on Manure to get the expected result in that game. Even if we win our next 2 games, the Bolton v Hull game has draw written all over it, considering Bolton will either be safe by then or just one point from it with a much superior goal difference. My feeling is Hull will draw their last two games and get to 36, we need to match that to overtake them, that's 5 points. But the mental state of Manure could swing this whole thing around, I still recall only too well Manure v West Ham last game of the season a couple of years back.

I don't want to be relying on Man U's youngsters to get us a result, they quite often get beat by mediocre teams in the lesser cup competitions. If we win tonight hopefully by the last day we'll already be safe.

Guest LucaAltieri

8 down to 5.

It's back into our own hands.

Whoever gets the most points out of Villa stays up.

Come on!

Relieved, like a knot has been untied in my chest. I'm quite confident we'll have enough in the tank the stay up.

I'm down to a 4, that might sound too optimistic for some, but fuck me, I'm so delighted.  :smitten:

4, Hull need to get points, which they won't. We have the confidence right now, I think we can get something from Fulham and Villa. Tbh, we don't even need another point, but it will make it a lot more certain.

down from 9 to 5 now, we have to maintain intensity and committment for the next two games and hope Hull and Sunderland keep playing shite. in our own hands but we always find a way to fuck things up dont we?

Guest Albert Square

5? Fucking hell!!! Im still an 8, we may be out but imo we are another result from being confident, Hull have Bolton and we have Fulham this weekend, we could end up back in the thick of things or 3 points clear (an safety)

Im waiting until the end of the weekend before I call ratings like 5 tbh

5? Fucking hell!!! Im still an 8, we may be out but imo we are another result from being confident, Hull have Bolton and we have Fulham this weekend, we could end up back in the thick of things or 3 points clear (an safety)

Im waiting until the end of the weekend before I call ratings like 5 tbh

5 cos it could either way, great or shite, whereas before Hull's defeat this weekend it looked very strongly like it was going to go against us. simply too close to call for me.

I just ran the BBC predictor.

If we get 0 points, but Hull get 1 against Bolton (which they might yet do), we're down.

But...

If Hull loose their remaining games (Bolton & ManU) or if we can get 1 point against either Fulham or Aston Villa then we're safe.

This is still a bit of a 50/50 toss up.  I can very easily see Bolton being held to a draw against Hull, and I can easily see us doing something stupid and loosing both games to Fulham and Villa.

I was saying a 10, but I am now backing off that to a 7.  We may have some momentum, but we still have many ways to cock this up.

If we get 0 points, but Hull get 1 against Bolton (which they might yet do), we're down.

But...

If Hull loose their remaining games (Bolton & ManU) or if we can get 1 point against either Fulham or Aston Villa then we're safe.

This is still a bit of a 50/50 toss up.  I can very easily see Bolton being held to a draw against Hull, and I can easily see us doing something stupid and loosing both games to Fulham and Villa.

I was saying a 10, but I am now backing off that to a 7.  We may have some momentum, but we still have many ways to cock this up.

You need to run the BBC predictor to figure that out?  :rolleyes:

But...

You need to run the BBC predictor to figure that out?  :rolleyes:

Hey, I started watching this game at 5am in the morning... after staying up all night to watch it.  Yeah, I need someone else to do the calculations.   :knuppel2:

Obviously we can still fuck this up, but I think this win will be the lift we need to play well against Fulham.

We still have to go for the win in that match but I really think that our odds of surviving are better than 50% now.

I've changed my voted for the first time in months, from 10 to 5 :) Still work to do but the physcological lift that gives us is immense. Victory against Fulham on Saturday could well leave us, just about safe, that's a great feeling but I'll also be cheering on Bolton, Pompey, Villa and Liverpool this weekend.