Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I feel like shit but we have a 50/50 chance of staying up IMO. I think we can draw with Villa (surely our players will fight for their fucking lives??) and either Sunderland or Hull could yet fuck up. The only reason I'm not a 5 is because we need a result, the other teams potentially don't.

About an 8, I suppose.

There is still a chance that Man U will turn Hull over and we'll pick up a point but it's highly unlikely. Today's result was a huge blow and one we may not recover from for quite a while. :(

If we do go down then I hope the club has a complete overhaul and is re-built from scratch.

7 down to 4 last week, now back upto 7.  Of course we're not down, as it's hardly inconcievable we could get a point and hull lose, or one of the other possible scenarios.  If you think "it's all over" please stay away from Villa Park, we don't want you there.

However, be difficult to get something at Villa, and it's not in our hands.

We don't want you? Who the f*** are you like? Some kind of fan spokesman. I'll go despite the fact i'm almost certain that we'll get beat.

I think it's fair to say that if you go there CERTAIN we're down, the team are better off without you on Sunday.  It's pretty stupid to be certain, people were like this after the pompy game too, yet i bet they wouldn't be certain they were safe as mackems or hull fans.  People have this weird desire to pre-empt the worst case scenario, probably so they can act all cool and "I told you so" when things do go bad.

We don't need this crap:

The fat lady has already sung man.

How does that do anyone any good apart from cushion your precious heart from the pain if it should happen?  Seriously, piss off.  I suppose you're not even going to check the other results if we were to draw, because you already n#know?

You piss off. I am realistic. We've been fucking shocking all season, what can we expect? The Middlesboro game, a false dawn. Cushion my precious heart, it's been smashed far earlier on in the season.

They are a bunch of gutless bastards, poor in quality at that. Doesn't matter how shit Villa are, they'll beat us, because we are that bad.

The glass is smashed entirely, there's no glass to hold half in.

I don't think Hull will beat Man United either for that matter. I don't trust us to be anything other than defeated. It seems when we really need to win, we can't do it, Middlesboro excepted but they are fucking god awful.

I'll go where i want to go thank you very much, get off your high horse man.

It's possible, yes. Probably right next to me inventing a cure for cancer on the scale.

I'll be absolutely devastated, when, it happens. Our club ruined.

7 down to 4 last week, now back upto 7.  Of course we're not down, as it's hardly inconcievable we could get a point and hull lose, or one of the other possible scenarios.  If you think "it's all over" please stay away from Villa Park, we don't want you there.

However, be difficult to get something at Villa, and it's not in our hands.

We don't want you? Who the f*** are you like? Some kind of fan spokesman. I'll go despite the fact i'm almost certain that we'll get beat.

I think it's fair to say that if you go there CERTAIN we're down, the team are better off without you on Sunday.  It's pretty stupid to be certain, people were like this after the pompy game too, yet i bet they wouldn't be certain they were safe as mackems or hull fans.  People have this weird desire to pre-empt the worst case scenario, probably so they can act all cool and "I told you so" when things do go bad.

We don't need this crap:

The fat lady has already sung man.

How does that do anyone any good apart from cushion your precious heart from the pain if it should happen?  Seriously, piss off.  I suppose you're not even going to check the other results if we were to draw, because you already n#know?

You piss off. I am realistic. We've been f***ing shocking all season, what can we expect? The Middlesboro game, a false dawn. Cushion my precious heart, it's been smashed far earlier on in the season.

They are a bunch of gutless bastards, poor in quality at that. Doesn't matter how s*** Villa are, they'll beat us, because we are that bad.

The glass is smashed entirely, there's no glass to hold half in.

I don't think Hull will beat Man United either for that matter. I don't trust us to be anything other than defeated. It seems when we really need to win, we can't do it, Middlesboro excepted but they are f***ing god awful.

I'll go where i want to go thank you very much, get off your high horse man.

It's possible, yes. Probably right next to me inventing a cure for cancer on the scale.

I'll be absolutely devastated, when, it happens. Our club ruined.

High horse because i'm not naive enough to think it's impossible for a crap team to get a point at a team with a mediocre home record.  All your doing is trying to pre-empt a "I told you so".  It's stupid.  How can you possibly know?  Nobody does, you're just being completely irrational.  Neither would I trust us to get something, but I know it's possible.  Lucky ref decision, flukey goal, poor villa with a fighting performance, wonder goal, whatever, we don't know.

Will you not take any notice of how long is left, because you know certainly we're going to lose?  Won't cheer when we score, because you actually know they'll score 2 more.  It's ridiculous to be so defeated.  Improbable, I'd agree, impossible (unless you're actually in the field of cancer research, I'll assume that's what you meant) simply incorrect.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you're probably extra riled and negative after today, I know I am.  I just know I'm going to Villa hoping, and everyone needs to be.  Why else would I go?

I'm going because i already had the ticket, the travel etc. I am a stupid t*** that follows the gutless buggers blindly.I still love Newcastle United, and will continue to go to games regardless of the division,regardless if it's s*** we a churning out or not.

I've hoped all f***ing season, and i'm sick. I'm not sick after today either, i'm sick after the entire season. I was still extremely negative after the 'Boro match, i also knew deep down that we'd f*** it up today. You tell me one time away from home, apart from the wins, where we've had a lucky goal, flukey, or had a good performance against a poor team? Wonder Goal, nope, not seen one of those all season either, i can barely remember 5 good crosses ffs. Self-Destruct.

Give up the ghost. I just want to let the flogged horse die, peacefully, forget this season ever happened, Mike Ashley was ever born etc etc.

I was a 9 until I realised us and Hull can win and still stay up. The mackems' result on Monday is massive.

8. There is still hope.

I'm still clinging on to the fact that a win on Sunday could still keep us up, just finding it hard to believe that we actually will win (or draw, and Hull lose).

I'd quite like to see a chart of how this relegationometer has changed game by game. My guess goes as far as,

--

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

:kinnear:

\

\

\

\

:dowie:

l

l

l

l

Guest firetotheworks

I'd quite like to see a chart of how this relegationometer has changed game by game. My guess goes as far as,

--

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

l

l

l

l

--KEEGAN

l

l

l

l

l               

l               /\

l              /  l               n

l             /   l               l l

l          _/    l               l l

l         /       l               l l

:kinnear:         SHEARER  l

Thats not a criticism of Shearer btw, just the series of events.

EDIT: Well that didn't go to plan, but maybe thats the point. Ahoo!

--

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

l

l

l

l

--KEEGAN

l

l

l

l

l               

l               /\

l              /  l               n

l             /   l               l l

l          _/    l               l l

l         /       l               l l

:kinnear:         SHEARER  l

Thats not a criticism of Shearer btw, just the series of events.

EDIT: Well that didn't go to plan, but maybe thats the point. Ahoo!

It has been a mental season to be fair.

Can't believe we even had Keegan in charge THIS season, seems ages ago!

Guest Brummiemag

Feel a little more optimistic this morning after thinking about it so a 7

Man U to beat Hull is still the most likely outcome from that game, which means that a draw at an out of form, nothing to play for Villa will be enough - surely theres a decent realistic chance of that happening