Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If there's one thing that every single football manager, player, chairman and media person talks s*** about on a regular basis, it's transfer deals. I don't see why Pardew is treated as so much worse than them.

talk about wanting to sign players and didn't get it's a thing, but talk about how much you love the players and how important they are but sold them right after it's another.

and yes, Pardew always talk shit, he deserve to be treated bad

Guest Geordiesned

The Guardian online are currently running a poll of who will be relegated from the Premier League. Current standings are:

1.4% Arsenal

0.5% Aston Villa

12.5% Blackburn Rovers

0.4% Bolton Wanderers

0.8% Chelsea

0.5% Everton

0.3% Fulham

1.2% Liverpool

1% Manchester City

4.3% Manchester United

9.1% Newcastle United

11.8% Norwich City

16.4% Queens Park Rangers

0.9% Stoke City

0.4% Sunderland

20.7% Swansea City

0.4% Tottenham Hotspur

0.8% West Bromwich Albion

12.8% Wigan Athletic

4.2% Wolverhampton Wanderers

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Can't believe so many people think we're a near certainty to be relegated (9s and 10s).

Been the same in most of the paper predictions too. All seem to be citing the loss of Nolan.

Hearing "Where are the goals going to come from" makes me want to hit something.  Nowhere you titanic t***.  They're not going to come.  We won't score 10 all season. Derby, the worst team this league's ever seen by some margin, somehow got 20 despite being literally worse than 11 kitted-out cinder blocks set on the field.  And we won't score half that, because I can't see where they'll come from either because I'm a goddamn retard too. Shut up.  Die.  Do shots of bleach, improve your outlook on life or at least improve mine by vacating this planet.  We're not scoring goals.  There's no way we'll get any. 

f*** this thread for the 4th year running.

It's the potential loss of all of the players that brought us up, and kept us up not exactly a no brainer.

Yes the players we have brought in will probably prove to be better but as yet their all largely untested in the premiership.

Think we'll be fine but we are potentially missing that player that on a rainy evening in Stoke will take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I voted 3, I think we're in a good position to build on last season. I see the predictions of doom as needless scaremongering, but then I don't think we've really lost much this summer. Kevin Nolan left, not Cheik Tiote, and I'm not particularly worried about Barton leaving either. Enrique going will be a blow, but if we can sufficiently replace him and bring in a good striker then we are looking pretty good for a top half finish.

Also looking at the business other clubs have been doing, no one is exactly leaving us in their wake.

It's the potential loss of all of the players that brought us up, and kept us up not exactly a no brainer.

Yes the players we have brought in will probably prove to be better but as yet their all largely untested in the premiership.

Think we'll be fine but we are potentially missing that player that on a rainy evening in Stoke will take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I hope this is a joke.

I voted 3, I think we're in a good position to build on last season. I see the predictions of doom as needless scaremongering, but then I don't think we've really lost much this summer. Kevin Nolan left, not Cheik Tiote, and I'm not particularly worried about Barton leaving either. Enrique going will be a blow, but if we can sufficiently replace him and bring in a good striker then we are looking pretty good for a top half finish.

Also looking at the business other clubs have been doing, no one is exactly leaving us in their wake.

Ours could still go either way.  Much depends on what we do with Jose and Joey and whether they are adequately replaced.  Our die is yet to be cast

I hope this is a joke.

:wat:

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I voted 4. I'd put my money on Norwich, Wigan and Swansea going down atm. But qpr are nothing special either and then there's wolves and blackburn(to a less extent) too.

That player is Tioté btw, if such a problem actually exists.

The problem does exist and not only for us, any side in the league can be shafted by rainy evenings in Stoke or in fact games in any weather at any time of day in Stoke.

On the evidence we have so far Tiote is the  nearest thing we have to a street fighter, Barton (if committed and still at the club) can give it out and Colo isn't a pushover either, although he is not a massive physical specimen. Be interesting to see whether some of the new boys fancy it as the winter kicks on. Fwiw I don't think we're even close to being in the  frame for relegation.

The problem does exist and not only for us, any side in the league can be shafted by rainy evenings in Stoke or in fact games in any weather at any time of day in Stoke.

On the evidence we have so far Tiote is the  nearest thing we have to a street fighter, Barton (if committed and still at the club) can give it out and Colo isn't a pushover either, although he is not a massive physical specimen. Be interesting to see whether some of the new boys fancy it as the winter kicks on. Fwiw I don't think we're remotely in the frame for relegation.

Well we obviously didn't have those 'street fighters' last season when Stoke humped us.

On the evidence we have so far Tiote is the  nearest thing we have to a street fighter, Barton (if committed and still at the club) can give it out and Colo isn't a pushover either, although he is not a massive physical specimen. Be interesting to see whether some of the new boys fancy it as the winter kicks on. Fwiw I don't think we're remotely in the frame for relegation.

to be fair most of the new boys will have experience of harsher winters than we are used to thanks to the gulf stream. (though if your point is about stoke as opposed to the weather then i bow to your point)

I hope this is a joke.

:wat:

Why would it be look at the results last season? Who have we signed this season that will tear them apart!

Well we obviously didn't have those 'street fighters' last season when Stoke humped us.

Too true. There are sides who will force results by sheer physicality and Stoke are one of them, they will continue to pose a horrible threat in this league.