Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Wally_McFool

I'm basing it on the progress we've shown over the last month.

Aye, hopefully we'll play a few more teams who have a man sent off.

Personally can't see us going down but if things aren't put right through january we are going to scrape by the skin of our teeth if we scrape it at all.

7 losses in last 8 - QPR, Man u (A) and Arsenal (a) with Everton up first in the new year. If we don't beat QPR we'll be comfortable bottom three by new year.

This defence is one level up from Clown school.

We probably spend too much time working with our forwards. Maybe we should get rid of whoever coaches the defence.

... and bring Mark Lawrenson back as defensive coach.    :naughty: 

Guest ItalianMagpie

Progress with no points is a bad bad sign.

I didn't think we would eventually go down 5 years ago either, that we were too good for that, that Hull was too embarassing to survive, that we were improving after comfortably beating Boro. And yet.

I didn't think we would eventually go down 5 years ago either, that we were too good for that, that Hull was too embarassing to survive, that we were improving after comfortably beating Boro. And yet.

Thing is, we didn't go down 5 years ago.

I don't buy into the 'we've got too many good players to go down' theory. We've been completely outclassed by the likes of Reading and Southampton this year and if we lose next weekend as well then the prospect of relegation will become a very real possibility- especially with a run of games consisting of Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton. Before you know it, you're right in the thick of a deep mess that is very hard to get out of.

Next win is absolutely massive. Play like we did 2nd half today and we'll beat them.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Thing is, we didn't go down 5 years ago.

Oh yes, exactly the point I was making :dowie:

It remains a possibility but my gut instinct is we'll stutter to 14th, about 5 points above the dropzone. Fortunately i think we're better than the real shit in the league. Can't see how QPR and Reading are going to get out of it.

Guest neesy111

It remains a possibility but my gut instinct is we'll stutter to 14th, about 5 points above the dropzone. Fortunately i think we're better than the real shit in the league. Can't see how QPR and Reading are going to get out of it.

That goes onto the next point.  Is that good enough?

Is what good enough for what?

Guest bimpy474

14th i think he means.

Guest neesy111

Is finishing 14th good enough this season?

It remains a possibility but my gut instinct is we'll stutter to 14th, about 5 points above the dropzone. Fortunately i think we're better than the real s*** in the league. Can't see how QPR and Reading are going to get out of it.

I'd say no, but not sack-worthy given last season's success. I think with 14th I'd keep Pardew and see how next season's going, if we're heading for it again, it's time to go.

3 for a me. Maybe 2.

Is finishing 14th good enough this season?

In what context though? In the context of a relegation battle, it's great. In the context of us finishing 5th last season, it's absolutely fucking woeful, obviously. Either way, i can see an exodus of sorts come the summer.

Guest bimpy474

It remains a possibility but my gut instinct is we'll stutter to 14th, about 5 points above the dropzone. Fortunately i think we're better than the real s*** in the league. Can't see how QPR and Reading are going to get out of it.

I'd say no, but not sack-worthy given last season's success. I think with 14th I'd keep Pardew and see how next season's going, if we're heading for it again, it's time to go.

3 for a me. Maybe 2.

I would agree with this if we started playing decent football, if the hoofball returns (seems to have stopped it at the moment) then he can fuck right off.

Bit of an unnecessary bump maybe, but as of right now, i've decided that today has only cemented that stand-point.

It won't happen. We're playing too well and we will smash a few teams really fucking hard in the next few months. The fixtures are scary but we will salvage something from this season if we continue as we are and Pardew doesn't lose his bottle and revert back to horror football.

Bit of an unnecessary bump maybe, but as of right now, i've decided that today has only cemented that stand-point.

Think your assessment is pretty fair. At lower ebbs, I was very worried. There are some really awful sides in the league this year though, the poor bastards. Something I didn't fully appreciate until recently.

The implications of finishing so badly may be that we lose our star players/fail to attract better players over the subsequent windows and we begin to circle the drain in a more protracted, anguish-inducing manner though. In that respect, a real scare might help our owners shake off their apathy. Or at least I hope it will. We may get an indication of how easily scared they are this window, in fact.

Villa look to be in big trouble.

I was about to say 'Villa will be fine', then thought - if i actually think that... surely to God we will be too? 12 goals shipped in two games is a dismal, dismal effort. You'd have to be pretty shite to be worse than them.