Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

The thing is, those around us are at least having the occasional barnstormer. We're just on a straight downhill spiral, with hardly any positives to get from each game.

There were loads of positives today until the manager decided to change it.

But he's still the manager and likely to remain that way....

And he has a 8 year contract and the club needs stability,  because that brings success is what people were saying

The main positive from yesterday was seeing how s**** Reading were - think they're nailed on to go down.

QPR have improved under Ballface but still only have 11 points in his 11 games - with only 15 points and really tough fixtures to come it's not going to be enough.

There's a good chance Southampton will slump without Adkins and Wigan have 1 win in 10 and look terrible.

Looks like 35 points will be enough to stay up and I think the extra quality that us and Villa have will edge us both clear. Going to be horribly tense though and we desperately need a win, any win, very soon.

I reserve the right to change this prediction if HBA breaks down again on his return.....

I'm beginning to feel like we're doomed. I enjoyed the Championship last time round, but think it'd be a very different experience this time.

Agree on both counts. The stars have seemingly aligned to fuck us over with Europa, last summer, Ba, Colo, Remy etc etc.

We don't have the character in the squad that we had last time either.

Guest icemanblue

Still don't think we'll go down, like. We're perilously close to it, I agree, but I think we'll turn it around. All it takes is one unlikely result and we're on a roll. We're not finishing top half though, obviously. Hate the attitude of accepting we're down when there's ~3 months of the season left.

Still don't think we'll go down, like. We're perilously close to it, I agree, but I think we'll turn it around. All it takes is one unlikely result and we're on a roll. We're not finishing top half though, obviously. Hate the attitude of accepting we're down when there's ~3 months of the season left.

hate the attitude of fans who can't accept what they're seeing with their eyes, what on earth are you basing this on?

hate the attitude of fans who can't accept what they're seeing with their eyes, what on earth are you basing this on?

Quite agree, I just don't see where the points are going to come from.

Guest icemanblue

Who can't accept it, like? What a bizarre thing to say. If I want to stay positive and support the team in the same way I've done for twenty odd years, that's my choice. Not everyone has to be reaching for the razor blades just yet.

I've seen enough, even in yesterday's game, to know that we can score goals. I've also seen enough to know that a new centre half will make a massive difference to our defence. Add a new, competent striker and Hatem to our team and I think we'll put in enough performances, in spite of the manager, to get the points required to stay up.

at my most optimistic I give us about a 30% chance of turning it around- based on nothing but the window still being open and blind hope.

Who can't accept it, like? What a bizarre thing to say. If I want to stay positive and support the team in the same way I've done for twenty odd years, that's my choice. Not everyone has to be reaching for the razor blades just yet.

I've seen enough, even in yesterday's game, to know that we can score goals. I've also seen enough to know that a new centre half will make a massive difference to our defence. Add a new, competent striker and Hatem to our team and I think we'll put in enough performances, in spite of the manager, to get the points required to stay up.

i used the word accepted as you used it

so your reasons for believing we can stay up are a new striker and CB plus HBA returning then?  interesting, 2 of the 3 don't actually exist at the moment and it'll be a massive ask for HBA to turn this on his own, but i sincerely hope you're right

i do think a win could still change a lot of things for us if it comes, but the chances of it coming at villa are slim and obviously the 2 games after that are virtually impossible...by that time we're 26 games in and will be right in the shit

manner of the win if it ever comes is big for me too, if we go up in a game and pardew pulls another trick like yesterday i'm not sure how much it'll help - we need the players to believe they're better than and able to beat other teams, they seem to really need to go out and give someone a right fucking but pardew just won't allow this

Guest icemanblue

I accept what I see at the minute. However, what I see seems to be different to what you do. :lol:

No, as I said in my post, I've seen enough of us to know that we can win games.The additions will help cement that, and I'm confident of getting them in. There is still hope, and more than enough games. That's why I can't understand people saying we're down already.

just glass half full/empty, you're choosing to accentuate the positives while many of us can't really see them anymore with this manager

i think without pardew we have enough to stay up with the existing playing staff personally, it all comes down to him because he's the one that's really causing the damage here make no mistake