Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest neesy111

Still work to do.

This, we could still easily fall back into the relegation zone with injuries or if our form is temporary

Yeap, can't get complacent about it.

Isn't 36 points the average needed for safety over the last 8 years. If so that means we need 3 wins to reach that. I think it's certainly possible that we will reach that, plus a few draws but we do need to do so ASAP. The good thin is we still have games with tams around us, Southampton, Wigan, QPR, WBA (who are in free fall at the moment) are all very winnable games.

Isn't 36 pints the average needed for safety over the last 8 years. If so that means we need 3 wins to reach that. I think it's certainly possible that we will reach that, plus a few draws but we do need to do so ASAP. The good thin is we still have games with tams around us, Southampton, Wigan, QPR, WBA (who are in free fall at the moment) are all very winnable games.

Anyone would go down after 36 pints.

I think this season less points than normal may be enough but 36 seems low, I always assume 40

It hardly ever is 40 though that's the thing, majority of the time 30-35 is enough. None the less i feel we should be looking a lot higher than simply staying up now we have built our selfs a great platform to build on.

Of course we shouldn't get complacent as its not over yet but i'd be disappointed if we got these 2 wins and still scraped over the line.

Hoping we can end the season strongly and go into next season with momentum.

Guest neesy111

40 is seen as realistically guaranteed safety.

Hasn't there only been one occasion where a team has gone down with 40+ points?

Yeap.  West Ham in 2002/03 on 42.

• 3 weeks later...

I think today we proved we have enough to be safe.

I think Southampton also look like they have more than enough about them.

wigan will escape again, imo.

Norwich on 32 are safe.

so, who? Mackems? Wham?  or the three in the drop zone?

Can we have another vote? Can see some of the teams at bottom pulling off good escapes but can't see Sunderland or West Ham stopping their declines. Think we're at about 5 now.

You seriously think we're 50/50 to get relegated?  :idiot2:

I think today we proved we have enough to be safe.

I think Southampton also look like they have more than enough about them.

wigan will escape again, imo.

Norwich on 32 are safe.

so, who? Mackems? Wham?  or the three in the drop zone?

Southampton are scoring but are conceding heavily as well, they now have some tough fixtures left. Wigan have just started their end of season points pick up. Reading have some fixtures coming up against teams around them, Southampton included, they can't afford to do what they did against Wigan. For me I think one of Reading, Wigan, and Southampton will go down along with Villa, and QPR. At the moment I'd say Wigan will be the ones joining them. Sunderland, and West Ham have done enough.