Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

A hell of a lot of teams are going to get beaten at home by the likes of Liverpool, that's not going to have a real sway on your relegation prospects, regardless of how many they score against you.

It's results against teams around you that tend to have a baring on whether you stay up or go down; if you win them then it'll be alright. Fortunately for us we hav... ah right, yeah.

:undecided:

The next two games, West Ham at home and Blackburn away will be a much better indication.

And I don't fancy a trip to Man City end of January either when they'll probably have a fair few new top signings making home debuts I'd imagine.

Can't really afford to lose either of these next two really. Such is our inconsistency, we'll probably win atleast one of them and people will start talking about 6th again (was less than a week ago that that thread was made :lol: ).

I was about to say it's key because they're the teams that are around us, then realised West Ham are now in 10th! :nope:

The next two games, West Ham at home and Blackburn away will be a much better indication.

And I don't fancy a trip to Man City end of January either when they'll probably have a fair few new top signings making home debuts I'd imagine.

Can't really afford to lose either of these next two really. Such is our inconsistency, we'll probably win atleast one of them and people will start talking about 6th again (was less than a week ago that that thread was made :lol: ).

I was about to say it's key because they're the teams that are around us, then realised West Ham are now in 10th! :nope:

Thing is, West Ham are still one of those teams, because a 1-0 win in our next match puts us back above them!

Thing is, West Ham are still one of those teams, because a 1-0 win in our next match puts us back above them!

Aye i know man, mental. Fwiw, i agree entirely with WBCP right there - we'll beat West Ham and it'll all be rosy again - Joe's done a cracking job steadying the ship, etc etc, and i said that after the Wigan game.

Still on 1.  Think we'll win against West Ham, and the whole thing will take another turn.

its a must win alright, there are a lot more of these 6 pointers to come. We also have to play ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea at home we've dropped too many points at home against other teams at the bottom.

Still on 1.  Think we'll win against West Ham, and the whole thing will take another turn.

its a must win alright, there are a lot more of these 6 pointers to come. We also have to play ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea at home we've dropped too many points at home against other teams at the bottom.

Aye, our remaining home fixtures are very, very tough. :undecided:

The way it's going, being at home doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I'd fancy you just as much to win a game away to, for example, West Brom, as I would if you were at home.

The way it's going, being at home doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I'd fancy you just as much to win a game away to, for example, West Brom, as I would if you were at home.

the thing is though, our away record is a shambles, as is our record against shite teams (as is our record against average and good teams but you get my drift). we lost away to derby county last year, which was a disgrace. cant seem to beat wigan, blackburn, bolton either. lost to charlton away when they went down, the list goes on. still fancy us to stay up.

That's just how its working for Everton, we've definitely got a better chance at home.

the thing is though, our away record is a shambles, as is our record against shite teams (as is our record against average and good teams but you get my drift). we lost away to derby county last year, which was a disgrace. cant seem to beat wigan, blackburn, bolton either. lost to charlton away when they went down, the list goes on. still fancy us to stay up.

We've got a pretty decent record against Bolton recently, a win and a draw last season and a win so far this season.

That's just how its working for Everton, we've definitely got a better chance at home.

I guess but I think there's a general sway towards a more open match nowadays, with home advantage becoming less important. That's for another thread anyway.

Today doesn't mean a lot on its own but Kinnear has a job on his hands picking them up after such a confidence-mashing raping. We're in enough trouble as it is without suffering a further slide.

I think a heavy defeat can sometimes galvanise a side. Derby lost 6-1 the week before they beat us last season  :laugh: