Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Bartons back to training this week coming isnt he.Beyes out till March and Martins another 5 or 6wks

The club record for returning from the operation Martins is having is 11 days (Harper). He may be back in 2 or 3 weeks. Carr took 6 weeks.

Might take Martins a bit longer though since hes really 99 years old

Still a solid 7-8. I voted for something in this vicinity originally.

Kinnear's 'fire & brimstone/backs to the wall/Us Versus The World' motivational based style management - minus Keegan's nous of having teams play effective football, with shape - to wear thin with this squad over the course of the second half of the season.

Our fate will be decided amidst the last couple of fixtures imo.

Bartons back to training this week coming isnt he.Beyes out till March and Martins another 5 or 6wks

The club record for returning from the operation Martins is having is 11 days (Harper). He may be back in 2 or 3 weeks. Carr took 6 weeks.

Aye Carr took his f*cking time on a lot of things, didnt he?

What a load of old bollocks.

Today was a point gained after we went behind

Get a grip, we were leading at one point ffs. We were leading and THEN went behind, our own mistakes mate, so not a point gained, 2 points dropped.

Still a solid 7-8. I voted for something in this vicinity originally.

Kinnear's 'fire & brimstone/backs to the wall/Us Versus The World' motivational based style management - minus Keegan's nous of having teams play effective football, with shape - to wear thin with this squad over the course of the second half of the season.

Our fate will be decided amidst the last couple of fixtures imo.

I agree - I gave it a 7 if no MAJOR improvements were made to the side, and I stick by that.

We could yet lose both Given and Owen and that would be a major blow to any chance of staying up ; we are only 3 points off the bottom 3 and we are not winning home games - a sure sign of a side struggling.

Don't understand how anyone can say we're a 70-80% chance of going down like ???

You'd think our form was terrible and we're free falling down the league or something, its not and we're not!  I'm worried like anyone but I'm not going to go over the top.

we're still 11th, that means that despite how shite weve been, there are NINE teams worse than us so far. anyone saying weve got a 20% chance of staying up is talking bollocks.

Look at the points though. They are basically EQUALLY as shit as us. No way can I be all that confident that we are going to survive on goal difference.

Guest Brazilianbob

If you can't win at home then you have to win away to be sure of avoiding relegation.  We are doing neither and unless we pick our game up quickly, we may find that we slip into the bottom three before long and stay there.

We all know the form, towards the end of the season, one or two of the bottom clubs always find a bit of form and climb out of the bottom, and sides that thought they were relatively safe (i.e. NUFC), suddenly find themselves in the bottom three when it is too late to drag themselves out of the mire.

I can see us going down if we don't bring in good players in the transfer window and keep what we have, but in my opinion Ashley has absolutely no intention of spending any of his own money whatsoever, in January.

I think he is happy to sanction spending if we sell someone to fund purchases, but otherwise I think he takes the point of view that the players we have should be good enough to keep us up, but I fear he will only realize the error of his ways when it is too late.

we're still 11th, that means that despite how s**** weve been, there are NINE teams worse than us so far. anyone saying weve got a 20% chance of staying up is talking bollocks.

Look at the points though. They are basically EQUALLY as s*** as us. No way can I be all that confident that we are going to survive on goal difference.

its a good point, although anyone realistically below wigan could go down (and even they arent dead certs for safety). we'll blatantly get to the end of the season and do our usual thing of getting a couple of really good results (a win away to spurs for one) and finishing about 12th. we'll get important players back as well. there are more than 3 teams shitter than us tbh

Guest fading star

If you can't win at home then you have to win away to be sure of avoiding relegation.  We are doing neither and unless we pick our game up quickly, we may find that we slip into the bottom three before long and stay there.

We all know the form, towards the end of the season, one or two of the bottom clubs always find a bit of form and climb out of the bottom, and sides that thought they were relatively safe (i.e. NUFC), suddenly find themselves in the bottom three when it is too late to drag themselves out of the mire.

I can see us going down if we don't bring in good players in the transfer window and keep what we have, but in my opinion Ashley has absolutely no intention of spending any of his own money whatsoever, in January.

I think he is happy to sanction spending if we sell someone to fund purchases, but otherwise I think he takes the point of view that the players we have should be good enough to keep us up, but I fear he will only realize the error of his ways when it is too late.

It’s a fear shared by many. Our home form against the other relegation candidates has been shite. Home and away we’ve only beaten one of the clubs who people seem conceived are worse than us?

If we’re not well clear of the relegation zone by the time we go to WHL anything can happen. Wonder goals, flukey goals, dodgy pens, sleepy linesmen, injury problems, flared tempers. Surviving the relegation run in is a question of nerve. It's a pressure cooker and I can’t see NUFC being up to the challenge - both supporters and players are already battered and bruised by this seasons events. Clubs like Stoke and Hull have a far better sense of purpose and direction, and a far greater strength of unity. NUFC is on it’s knees.

Having three or four top quality players is our one advantage. How many of them will still be here next month remains to be seen.

I think WBA have got hell on to stay up tbh, I also don't think Hull are safe although their position is ok at present.

You will always get some surprise results going for you and against you in any season but the thing that worries me is the number of points we've dropped in games at SJP against the rest of the mid to lower table. Home matches against the likes of Hull, Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke and West Ham have been and gone and we've only taken 3 points from that lot. 

I think WBA have got hell on to stay up tbh, I also don't think Hull are safe although their position is ok at present.

You will always get some surprise results going for you and against you in any season but the thing that worries me is the number of points we've dropped in games at SJP against the rest of the mid to lower table. Home matches against the likes of Hull, Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke and West Ham have been and gone and we've only taken 3 points from that lot. 

To be fair the Hull and Blackburn games were at a time when we were manager-less and would have lost to anybody, we even lost to the Spuds back then!  Wigan, Stoke and West Ham is a different matter though, we should have gotten much more then three points from those three games.

Great post, and the trouble is that if Ashley doesn't 'see the error of his ways' by the end of Jan, then there is NOTHING anyone can do about it ; if the current squad is NOT good enough to stay up(which I suspect)then it can't be strengthened.

It’s a fear shared by many. Our home form against the other relegation candidates has been s****. Home and away we’ve only beaten one of the clubs who people seem conceived are worse than us?

If we’re not well clear of the relegation zone by the time we go to WHL anything can happen. Wonder goals, flukey goals, dodgy pens, sleepy linesmen, injury problems, flared tempers. Surviving the relegation run in is a question of nerve. It's a pressure cooker and I can’t see NUFC being up to the challenge - both supporters and players are already battered and bruised by this seasons events. Clubs like Stoke and Hull have a far better sense of purpose and direction, and a far greater strength of unity. NUFC is on it’s knees.

Having three or four top quality players is our one advantage. How many of them will still be here next month remains to be seen.

This is also spot-on - you just have to look at Stoke's battling effort to get a point from Liverpool to see the difference ; they are making up for supposed 'lack of quality' by fighting for their lives, a quality that NUFC clearly don't possess . People talk about WBA being 'already gone' but in many games they have actually played better passing football than NUFC ; back in 1986, we were in danger of relegation but Paul Goddard, never a recognised prolific goal-scorer, went on a scoring run from about Feb which saved our bacon...Goddard was, however, a very good player - we have nobody in that mould now, and if WBA were to unearth someone who can get goals better than their current squad, they will be able to mount a recovery ; Bolton have a record of escaping in the past and Wigan are picking up results...

Its going to be tough unless the team is strengthened considerably...

Thing is, we have lost Martins this past few weeks and he is more important to us than people give him credit for. He will stretch defences, particularly away from home which will give players like Jonas and Owen more space. We will have great pace up front, not to mention extra goals that he will score. Martins is key right now, as is Beye who it would seem was the gem in the solid defence we had for weeks. Fact is, Martins playing we get us more goals, Beye, Colo, Bass and Enrique at the back will stop us leaking, that is the key to our survival. Best we can do is sit back and hope they come into the side again sooner rather than later.

It’s a fear shared by many. Our home form against the other relegation candidates has been s****. Home and away we’ve only beaten one of the clubs who people seem conceived are worse than us?

This is also spot-on - you just have to look at Stoke's battling effort to get a point from Liverpool to see the difference ; they are making up for supposed 'lack of quality' by fighting for their lives, a quality that NUFC clearly don't possess . People talk about WBA being 'already gone' but in many games they have actually played better passing football than NUFC ; back in 1986, we were in danger of relegation but Paul Goddard, never a recognised prolific goal-scorer, went on a scoring run from about Feb which saved our bacon...Goddard was, however, a very good player - we have nobody in that mould now, and if WBA were to unearth someone who can get goals better than their current squad, they will be able to mount a recovery ; Bolton have a record of escaping in the past and Wigan are picking up results...

Is your head that far up your arse you cant remember Chelsea away?

Perhaps they haven’t forgot the gutless performance against Sunderland, or the second half against West Brom?

So you honestly think the likes of Hull and Stoke haven't had performances like that?  :doh:

Is your head that far up your arse you cant remember Chelsea away?

And is yours so far up your own(not uncommon for you either..)that you don't remember Liverpool at home, or have you just discovered selective memory loss...?