Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

One thing I will say for Lambert is he must have balls of steel if he's really never been worried about us going down this season, because I and every other Villa fan have been shitting my pants for months now.

I still think we've chucked too many kids in at once, and that is the main thing which has led to an awful season, but I've got to say, some - not all, some - of his lower league buys have been very good. Benteke, obviously, but also Lowton and Westwood have been very good indeed. Apparently Sylla did well tonight, too.

It's a gigantic risk, and it is truly fucking horrifying watching us flaunt with destruction, but it's very watchable. If only we could learn to defend. I genuinely can not recall the last time we kept a clean sheet - it can't be in the last three or four months.

We are still in the mire, but we at least have a tad of momentum.

Looking bad for you lot tonight, but you've got three points largely guaranteed at QPR, and it'll be Wigan who drop, no worries at all.

:serious:

They're down because their players haven't given a shit all season.

They're not going to start now.

Our players don't give a shit either.

One thing I will say for Lambert is he must have balls of steel if he's really never been worried about us going down this season, because I and every other Villa fan have been shitting my pants for months now.

I still think we've chucked too many kids in at once, and that is the main thing which has led to an awful season, but I've got to say, some - not all, some - of his lower league buys have been very good. Benteke, obviously, but also Lowton and Westwood have been very good indeed. Apparently Sylla did well tonight, too.

It's a gigantic risk, and it is truly fucking horrifying watching us flaunt with destruction, but it's very watchable. If only we could learn to defend. I genuinely can not recall the last time we kept a clean sheet - it can't be in the last three or four months.

We are still in the mire, but we at least have a tad of momentum.

Looking bad for you lot tonight, but you've got three points largely guaranteed at QPR, and it'll be Wigan who drop, no worries at all.

:serious:

They're down because their players haven't given a shit all season.

Who's too say ours will though? They've certainly picked and chosen their games recently.

They're down because their players haven't given a s*** all season.

Most will be looking for new clubs, I can see them actually fighting a bit more now that the pressure is off.

On that predictor i've got us finishing 17th and staying up by a point

Me too, and that's with us getting 1 point in the last three games (against QPR) and Wigan getting 5 points.

Yeah same here. Even that point against QPR I don't think we'll get. :lol:

They're down because their players haven't given a s*** all season.

Most will be looking for new clubs, I can see them actually fighting a bit more now that the pressure is off.

It's not their fight I'm worried about, it's their goal threat. We haven't dealt with the opposition danger men all season so I can see Remy and Taraabt causing us shitloads of problems. Whereas our danger man Cisse will have to feed off floated lobs in his general direction while Sissoko is snuffed out on the wing.

Guest neesy111

We're now as short as 6/1 for the drop. Wigan still odds on and everyone else 10/1 or longer.

We we're 24/1 at 5pm on Saturday. :lol:

Must say, it comforts me slightly when outsiders say we'll be fine. But, really, it's just guesswork isnt it? I just think back to Saturday and get crushed again.

Unfortunately we know how bad we are better than anyone else, and how unlikely it is Pardew will come up with a gameplan to turn it round.

Must say, it comforts me slightly when outsiders say we'll be fine. But, really, it's just guesswork isnt it? I just think back to Saturday and get crushed again.

Unfortunately we know how bad we are better than anyone else, and how unlikely it is Pardew will come up with a gameplan to turn it round.

It's no use trying to stress to people just how bad we are- it almost comes across as bragging, but its more emphasising just how utterly screwed we are. To me, we are the worst team in the league, without question.

I blame the front cover of this edition of The Mag in so many ways, I keep on seeing it knocking about my flat and it pisses me off so much. :lol:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0168/9134/products/The_Mag_Issue_270_NUFC_1024x1024.jpg?2033

Wigan will surely be resting key players against Swansea too with the final a few days later? There's no way they can go full strength three times in the space of a week?

Will they though?  A cup final or even a cup win would be lovely,  but is that more important than survival?

Wigan will surely be resting key players against Swansea too with the final a few days later? There's no way they can go full strength three times in the space of a week?

Will they though?  A cup final or even a cup win would be lovely,  but is that more important than survival?

They've only ever been in one major cup final and that was the League Cup, which isn't really that prestigious and they didn't even win that final either. This is their chance for the first proper piece of silverware in their history. If Newcastle had no major trophies would you take one now if it mean't going down? You could always come straight back up. 

There is a real risk that 40 points will not be enough and I can't see us getting 40. Having witnessed West Brom 1st half against us I think Wigan will get at least a point and I think they'll beat Swansea. Villa will be safe by the last game and Wigan will beat them.

We're huge value at 6/1 to go down. Lose at WH and Wigan win puts us nearer 2/1 or shorter.

Guest ovesbar

There is a real risk that 40 points will not be enough and I can't see us getting 40. Having witnessed West Brom 1st half against us I think Wigan will get at least a point and I think they'll beat Swansea. Villa will be safe by the last game and Wigan will beat them.

We're huge value at 6/1 to go down. Lose at WH and Wigan win puts us nearer 2/1 or shorter.

If you play that as a double, you'll get 6/1.

Got us at 12-1 on Sunday morning. Sad state of affairs.

It was that first half that persuaded Clarke to switch to 3 up front and batter us second half then go and do Southampton 3-0 - hopefully he sticks with it for the Wigan game and turns them over!