Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest neesy111

Incognito this is getting silly tbh.  Inochi is a good poster, no need to drag posts 6 months ago into this as it really doesn't matter imo.

Hang on, isn't it you that end up calling him a dick (am not saying he is btw)  or something every other week?  :lol:

I've called a truce on it, it was getting silly and out of hand.

Kept waking up thinking of this s*** situation last night.  What a fuckin mess.

It's like a slow lingering wait on death row. Why did this season have to go on so long, can't they just shoot us now?

That cheated handball goal at Wigan could be the most costly refereeing mistake in the history of English football.

If we had a decent manager and people at the top who knew what they were doing, the Wigan hand-ball wouldn't have mattered one bit...

Using this as an excuse for being relegated is REALLY grasping at straws....

I wasn't using it as an excuse, you've just conveniently read that into it.  It was however an extremely significant incident.

If you weren't using it as an excuse, I wouldn't have to have 'conveniently' mentioned it .

Your choice of reason why we might get relegated, not mine - are you seriously saying that the Wigan hand-ball goal is the main reason we could be relegated ? What about Ba's hand-ball goal at Reading which got us an undeserved point ? What about Pardew's stupid substitutions and what he laughably calls 'tactics' ?

What about giving away a lead at home to - excuse me while I laugh if it wasn't so serious - Reading and lose the match..?

Don't you think that those - and a myriad of other reasons - are why we are in this position ?

Guest icemanblue

:lol: Bollocks to it, you remember my posts better than me. I'm not arguing it any more, I simply just don't care.

Just admit you were totally wrong. Have a bit of humility. Stop being so condescending. Simples.

What was I wrong about?! I've had a quick skim through my posts there, back to November, and I genuinely can't find any where I'm 'proudly stating' that I'm either 'at a 1', or that we'd 'definitely not go down'. Pletny where I'm taking issue with people saying we were definitely, or extremely likely, to go down.

In any case, even if I had, it was my opinion. So, it's no more wrong than any other post on the matter.

This is the closest I can find to this image you're projecting of me, where I'm agreeing with Stu. Still not saying we're definitely staying up.

Was 1, still 1.

Yes. Throughout all of the shite, too. For these reasons (:lol:):

But what was in front of our eyes was that way back in the first two months of the season, we went through a stage of only losing to the current English champions and current Europeans champions. I think it was only until we had that shocker of a game against West Ham (after Europe?) when we finally lost to another team.

Alright, so we hadn't been firing on the same cylinders as the end of the previous season, but there were some things happening off the pitch and we weren't doing a great deal coping with Europa (turning home wins into draws). Even so, we were still midtable and a couple of wins off the likes of Everton (who, by all accounts, had enjoyed a brilliant start to the season).

To take the 11 in 13 stat on it's own and apply it to the rest of the season does the players and management no justice; it just adds weight to the naysayers who want to ignore the realities of our season and carry on their tubthumping.

We've seen how influential Cabaye has been now that he's back from injury, both creating and covering - he was still going to come back without the new signings.

We've seen Cisse somewhat rejuvenated since getting his central position back and not being forced out wide due to Ba - this was still going to happen without the new signings.

We've seen a splash of Tiote's old form - I'm not sure how much this is affected by Sissoko or if he's just got his head down after Anita and Cabaye (after injury) have been pushing him for a place. I'd like to think he couldn't continue in his pre-Xmas slump for the last half of the season.

We've seen how much more robust the team is with Williamson given a much needed break - the lad was mentally shot in November and Pards hasn't had the luxury of giving him a breather. It's not that he's utterly shite (or whatever the hyperbole-spouters will preach), he's just shouldn't be starting regularly in a Premiership team (especially if they're struggling for form). Staylor had to come back from injury at some point - even if it's only for a month before he next breaks down - that gives Williamson a chance to rest up and get his head sorted. He's had no confidence.

Why was the 11 in 13 seemingly irreversible?

Can you point to another reason why we went on that run? Perhaps you think the manager is fundamentally poor at team selection, preparation and motivation at this level (evidence suggests otherwise, mind). Perhaps you feel (or felt) that we genuinely don't have a very good squad (not including the later January arrivals) and that the injured players wouldn't come back in time to have an impact on the league (Cabaye, Staylor, Cabaye, etc)? If you've been scarred by the Robson/Souness/Roeder years on unprecedented injury lists, I wouldn't blame you, but we've seemingly attracted more resilient players in recent years who don't cry off with a sore calf, tennis elbow, playstation thumb, etc.

I always felt that the November horror show was the nadir of our season; the performances were beginning to improve (even if the results weren't) and I took a great amount of encouragement from our 11 goals conceded at OT and The Emirates - a team that were playing out the string wouldn't have shown as much initiative as we did for 120 minutes of those games.

I'm not even sure I've ever voted in the poll, ffs. :lol:

Defeat for us and Wigan at the weekend (prob best we can hope for), would heap massive pressure on Wigan. Let's assume their game away at arsenal is a write off. They'd need to win the other 2.

I'd rather not think about a scenario that involves us losing to west ham. My undercrackers can't take it.

Incredibly frustrating to think that if we'd had a decent ref and / or linesmen in the Wigan game and they'd seen the handball we'd be on 38 points and they'd be on 30. If they'd taken the correct action over the McManaman tackle it's quite possible we'd have 40 points on the board and they'd be stuck on 29  :anguish:

Incognito this is getting silly tbh.  Inochi is a good poster, no need to drag posts 6 months ago into this as it really doesn't matter imo.

Hang on, isn't it you that end up calling him a dick (am not saying he is btw)  or something every other week?  :lol:

So how is he right then? He boasted for weeks about how he was proud to be a 1 and that we definitely wouldn't be going down? There is even one cringeworthy piece where Stu and he engage in a mutual bum chumming session after a rare good result. Read it, it is all there.

Guest icemanblue

So how is he right then? He boasted for weeks about how he was proud to be a 1 and that we definitely wouldn't be going down? There is even one cringeworthy piece where Stu and he engage in a mutual bum chumming session after a rare good result. Read it, it is all there.

Look, find these posts and I'll hold my hands up. You'll win the internet, I'll cower in the corner, and everyone will be overjoyed to move on. I've even helped you out by posting mine and Stu's bum chumming session. You're being an absolute fucking child about this, so I'll be happy to draw a line under it. What I won't have is you making shite up about me without a shred of evidence to back it up.

Aye probably the right thing to do, he was getting tired of whooping your arse week in week out  :razz:

(Just trying to lighten the mood ;))

Kept waking up thinking of this s*** situation last night.  What a fuckin mess.

It's like a slow lingering wait on death row. Why did this season have to go on so long, can't they just shoot us now?

That cheated handball goal at Wigan could be the most costly refereeing mistake in the history of English football.

If we had a decent manager and people at the top who knew what they were doing, the Wigan hand-ball wouldn't have mattered one bit...

Using this as an excuse for being relegated is REALLY grasping at straws....

I wasn't using it as an excuse, you've just conveniently read that into it.  It was however an extremely significant incident.

If you weren't using it as an excuse, I wouldn't have to have 'conveniently' mentioned it .

Your choice of reason why we might get relegated, not mine - are you seriously saying that the Wigan hand-ball goal is the main reason we could be relegated ? What about Ba's hand-ball goal at Reading which got us an undeserved point ? What about Pardew's stupid substitutions and what he laughably calls 'tactics' ?

What about giving away a lead at home to - excuse me while I laugh if it wasn't so serious - Reading and lose the match..?

Don't you think that those - and a myriad of other reasons - are why we are in this position ?

You really are twisting things for some reason  :lol:

But I'll answer the question you pose. Yes I probably do.

I will however re-iterate the point I made, which was that the dreadful decision at Wigan could prove to be very costly.

If you need it spelled out, 1-1 draw would now have us 8 Points clear of Wigan with three to play. Pretty significant I'd say, but please explain if you don't think it is.

It's a reference to an isolated incident not a fucking excuse for why we are where we are.

I wish I could get my head around how safe objective fans think we are. My office is made up of Boro, Darlo and mackem fans. Not one of them thinks we'll go down. Every one of them think Wigan are already doomed.

They've probably been brainwashed by you into thinking we've got a fantastic manager who knows what he's doing. I wouldn't read too much into it.

To be fair, be rational about it, we probably won't go down. But there is a significant chance, and that terrifies us. But no way would the bookies give you odds on. But the irrational pessimism is shown by some thinking we haven't gotten a chance at QPR, as I don't think QPR fans have much reason to be confident either. i.e. now we prob won't go down, but it wouldn't be a shock if we did, and that's proper scary.

Guest icemanblue

I wish I could get my head around how safe objective fans think we are. My office is made up of Boro, Darlo and mackem fans. Not one of them thinks we'll go down. Every one of them think Wigan are already doomed.

They've probably been brainwashed by you into thinking we've got a fantastic manager who knows what he's doing. I wouldn't read too much into it.

:lol:

To be fair, be rational about it, we probably won't go down. But there is a significant chance, and that terrifies us. But no way would the bookies give you odds on. But the irrational pessimism is shown by some thinking we haven't gotten a chance at QPR, as I don't think QPR fans have much reason to be confident either. i.e. now we prob won't go down, but it wouldn't be a shock if we did, and that's proper scary.

It is fucking horrible. The next 3 weeks, if it goes that far hopefully it won't, will be gut wrenching.

I feel like I'm being overly negative about relegation at the moment but last time I went to Villa on that last day genuinely convinced we'd stay up. I'm not falling into that trap again. :(

I find the reassurances from fans of other clubs eerily reminiscent to three seasons ago.

Guest neesy111

I don't give a fuck what other fans say about us.  They haven't had to watch us all season, we are the best judge of where we are and the complete quick sand we find ourselves in.

I feel like I'm being overly negative about relegation at the moment but last time I went to Villa on that last day genuinely convinced we'd stay up. I'm not falling into that trap again. :(

I thought we'd at least get a performance that day. It was grim. Villa barely had to turn up.

Last time I thought we were definitely going down. This season has been shite, but I've never felt about the team like I did about those fuckers.

I'm so very scared now, but just have to hope we can get a result.

It's amazing how blind people are about our plight. Was trying to tell my mates last night how badly we are doing and how I'm fearful of relegation. Kept calling me a pussy until I actually showed them the table. It really has gone unnoticed for some strange reason.