Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Stu and Inochi never been off 1 aye?

Dummies :lol:

Nope, and I'm still not. I won't resort to pathetic digs with playground insults either.

1, remember is the polar opposite of 10. 10 means definitely going down. 1 means definitely not going down. Either contrariness or staggering complacency. You pays your money you takes your choice.

I've moved in terms of percentage chance of going down... partly due to fear I can't choose anything less than 5 at the moment.

Aye, I think its 50/50 at the moment. Wigan still have to win their games, we still have to lose all ours. I'm hoping the players can grow some balls and put in a couple of fucking heroic performances. We just have to sit back and see how it plays out.

I wanted to put 10 or 9 because of sheer panic right now but reality is that it's still very much in our own hands and we are just one win away from being safe IMO, so I'm going for an 8. After next Tuesday we should have a better idea, by then Wigan will have played their game in hand, if we are still 5 points ahead of them by then I'll be pretty confident of staying up.

A couple of Wigan fans views

Basically, we need to match Villa's results in: Norwich (A) and Chelsea (H) in our fixtures West Brom (A) and Arsenal (A) - then of course, win the 'MUST WIN' games vs Swansea and Villa

OR

Hope that Newcastle don't pick up a win in any of West Ham (A), QPR (A), and Arsenal (H), and we win our 'MUST WIN' matches.

I'm not giving up yet.

This Saturday is now a pressure match though. A point might not be too bad, a defeat is only catastrophic if Newcastle and Villa get results. But there's no reason why we shouldn't be going there targeting a win.

Newcastle are going to be 1 of those teams that may get well punished for rash decisions after yesterday's performance and are no way out of trouble, Pardew will already be feeling the pressure from the fans and Ashley breathing down his neck, A loss for Villa and they also may go in to flap mode knowing we have a game in hand on them, The Mackems are going to be sharrp as a pin with Di Canio's 5 am bugle call for an early morning half marathon para millitary stylee, and with turning Everton over are going to feel confident enough to take all 3 points and maybe a good goal return, We play the Baggies who have nothing to play for as Europe will probably be out of their reach, A win here and the tables are turned and the pressure is added to the Villans and Toon.

Its only tuesday evening and everyone has worked out every posibility already.  Just Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday to go!

It's gonna be like that for the next 3 weeks or in the unlikely event that we win a game. It's one of those situations where you know it's bad for you but you can't help going over it over and over again.

Its only tuesday evening and everyone has worked out every posibility already.  Just Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday to go!

It's gonna be like that for the next 3 weeks or in the unlikely event that we win a game. It's one of those situations where you know it's bad for you but you can't help going over it over and over again.

Waching the match on saturday will be like rubbing your eyes with industrial sandpaper.

Guest neesy111

lee_ryder: Told the #nufc dressing room quite naturally devastated after recent results. No cliques or rows though.

it's amazing how irrelevant the Chronicle has become. I remember always excited to read what they had to say, even when Oliver continued to toe the party line for Freddie, they still had something worthwhile reading about. Now it's just pointless, fluff, don't rock the boat articles that do  little to inform or help fans get to the meat of any issues. Their whole "lets get united, we'll pull no punches in our analysis after we are safe" is just nauseating.

??? They just smashed Southampton away from home, what the f*** have they got to be glum about?

Nah more so they want to lose to put Villa in the shit.  :(

Good job none of their players will even consider that for a second.

??? They just smashed Southampton away from home, what the f*** have they got to be glum about?

Nah more so they want to lose to put Villa in the s***.  :(

Good job none of their players will even consider that for a second.

No they won't. But the atmosphere will be swayed towards that imo. I don't want that to transmit to the pitch.

I'm going to go with: they'll talk the talk beforehand, but as soon as game-time comes up, there's no way the fans will be wishing for anything other than a win for their team.

Why would you hand a win or want another team to pick up 3 pts at your own ground when your chasing a high league finish...the best pkacing west brom would have had in such a long time.

Why would you hand a win or want another team to pick up 3 pts at your own ground when your chasing a high league finish...the best pkacing west brom would have had in such a long time.

They just really hate Villa. Same as us  :lol: (sorry Brummie) I think thats the main motivation. They are safe, nothing to worry about would be happy with Villa going down. Fair enough I guess

You're making the mistake of confusing the fans with the players. The fans might hate us (and, they do), but the players won't give a flying fuck about us.

They're on for their highest points total for decades, there's no way they're going to let someone beat them just because it might (and it's only a might) make things awkward for us.

Can't be complacent; but part of me wonders just how often Wigan can pull their magic trick every season.

Look at the table and fixture list, and the enormous FAC final distraction, and the five games in fifteen days .....

I really do think they're done for this time.