Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Darth Toon

I've got a mackem mate who's convinced they're going down - I had been so focused on our plight I had assumed they were pretty much out of it, but looking at their form and fixtures they could be in trouble yet....

I've got a mackem mate who's convinced they're going down - I had been so focused on our plight I had assumed they were pretty much out of it, but looking at their form and fixtures they could be in trouble yet....

Could you imagine if Newcastle, Sunderland AND Boro all went down?!

Christ...

The amount of people on 8, 9 and 10 in this poll is scary... let's hope the players aren't thinking like the fans!

I hope they are thinking like the fans, and i especially hope the management are. Sleepwalking into relegation is about where its at at the moment. And it may have done us good to have spent some time in the bottom 3 before now to galvanise the minds in the same way as its produced 'shock' results for the smogs and Blackburn.

I'm still an 8.25 but another of those shock results this weekend for us will go down very nicely.

The amount of people on 8, 9 and 10 in this poll is scary... let's hope the players aren't thinking like the fans!

I hope they are thinking like the fans, and i especially hope the management are. Sleepwalking into relegation is about where its at at the moment. And it may have done us good to have spent some time in the bottom 3 before now to galvanise the minds in the same way as its produced 'shock' results for the smogs and Blackburn.

I'm still an 8.25 but another of those shock results this weekend for us will go down very nicely.

I know what you mean, but thinking "we're doomed" does nobody any good.

I hope that they are being positive and determined to get out of it, I don't hope they think they're 80% certain to go down.

Agreed. It was worryingly late before noises started coming out of the club about being in a scrap. At boardroom level they're somehow even less aware of how shit we are.

Agreed. It was worryingly late before noises started coming out of the club about being in a scrap. At boardroom level they're somehow even less aware of how shit we are.

We aren't really all that shit though. We have enough key players fit again now to make our chances of survival better than others around us, but having players availlable is one thing...picking the right 11 to work as a team is something else. Keegan did it just in time last season, I worry about Hughton/Kinnear's ability to do it this time round.

We aren't really all that shit though. We have enough key players fit again now to make our chances of survival better than others around us, but having players availlable is one thing...picking the right 11 to work as a team is something else. Keegan did it just in time last season, I worry about Hughton/Kinnear's ability to do it this time round.

'We' includes the management team, obviously. They believe Kinnear/Hughton/Calderwood is good enough to challenge for EVERYTHING.

A mackem i know (dont have any mackems as mates) reckons they wont pick up another point if they play like they did at the weekend, but thinks realistically they'll do just enough to survive, but it'll be close.

I've gone to a 6 from a 3. Crucial mistakes are being made and the number of games to fix them is running out. I still think we might survive but if we are depending on other teams fucking up going into the last 4 games we are down.

In my head im approaching up to an 8. cant see anyone looking less clueless than they have all season. Any false confidence will be ripped away after the arsenal/chelsea games. Hearts not even considering relegation. im in canada though, think id be bricking it if i was living in the toon surrounded by it.

Guest sid1970

my problem is not the fact we are in a relegation battle, my problem is that it could have so easily have been avoided...

...i have seen us play in lower divisions over the years, and in a worst state we're in now, but it could have so easily have been avoided...

my problem is not the fact we are in a relegation battle, my problem is that it could have so easily have been avoided...

...i have seen us play in lower divisions over the years, and in a worst state we're in now, but it could have so easily have been avoided...

seen us relegated twice, been a season ticket holder during two second division spells, none of it felt as doomed as this does now.

Tell you what, having a look at Sunderland's remaining fixtures, they could be right back in the sh*t come May. They've still got most of the big clubs left too, and whereas most of our key "must-win" games are at home (Fulham, Boro & Pompey in particular), the games where Sunderland would be thinking that are away from home...with Chelsea at home last game. Can't see them getting many, if any, points at all in their last 5 games.

Tell you what, having a look at Sunderland's remaining fixtures, they could be right back in the sh*t come May. They've still got most of the big clubs left too, and whereas most of our key "must-win" games are at home (Fulham, Boro & Pompey in particular), the games where Sunderland would be thinking that are away from home...with Chelsea at home last game. Can't see them getting many, if any, points at all in their last 5 games.

The reason I said we need to pick up points before the last 4 games is at that stage it's hard to predict results. Some teams no matter how good they are just don't have much to play for. West Ham beating Man U on the last day of the season a couple of years back for example.

had a look at stoke's fixtures earlier, didn't really they had such an 'easy' run in. nothing is guaranteed but id expect them to get a decent amount of points from those matches and stay up. assuming that boro (hope they stick with southgate!) and brom are down and stoke finish above us, then we'll have to better pompey or blackburn who have both picked up form recently.