Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

8.5 after Defoe's goal. Historically attacking football has played into the hands of their dinosaur tactics and they've struggled against fellow dross (other than NUFC), so I have more faith in Everton and Watford than Chelsea. Just hope Lukaku, Ighalo and Deeney have their shooting boots on to put the game out of Defoe's spawny reach.

8.5 after Defoe's goal. Historically attacking football has played into the hands of their dinosaur tactics and they've struggled against fellow dross (other than NUFC), so I have more faith in Everton and Watford than Chelsea. Just hope Lukaku, Ighalo and Deeney have their shooting boots on to put the game out of Defoe's spawny reach.

He's got 18 goals in an absolutely sh1t team man! There's nowt spawny about it, he's a different class.

If you had Defoe you'd be nowhere near the relegation zone now, I have no doubt about that.

He's got 18 goals in an absolutely sh1t team man! There's nowt spawny about it, he's a different class.

If you had Defoe you'd be nowhere near the relegation zone now, I have no doubt about that.

Very true.

You'd probably also be below Villa without him.

Considering he's barely if ever scored more than that in a season for much better teams I'm inclined to say it's not that simple.

My mate is WhatsApp texting coming up with a scenario on who can get what points etc.

All if buts maybe.....    I just think we need to do our job, and let the others worry about it.

We can get the least points of all teams involved, we have the worst goals. They both have a slight advantage on us. But to stay up we just need to win. It will be clearer when Norwich & Mackems play on the 11th of May. Both play their game in hand that evening. I'd doubt they both lose on the night, but it will answer a lot of questions going into the final games on the 15th just 4 days later.

Our job is to beat Villa, if we can't manage that, then we deserve to go.

He's never played every week really.

He has, sure there were times when Spurs had loads of strikers but not all the time. That's a myth, large majority of the time at Spurs he played anywhere between 30 and 35 league games a season.

Because he's been a success at Sunderland doesn't mean he's certain to be success elsewhere, same when everyone wanted Austin not everything translates with absolute certainty is what I'm saying.

2 games left and we are going to need to win both.  Can see the Mackems winning at least 1 of Watford and Everton and maybe drawing the other 2.  We just need to take care of our business and forget about anyone else going forward.

That pen was absolutely massive for them unfortunately

If we win at Aston Villa and Sunderland lose to Chelsea, both very possible if by no means guaranteed, then we go 5 points clear of the Mackems with them having a game in hand. That'd mean that they go into their game against Everton knowing that a loss means they're down, piling all the pressure on them. I'm by no means confident but we have one hell of a chance now imo.

If we win at Aston Villa and Sunderland lose to Chelsea, both very possible if by no means guaranteed, then we go 5 points clear of the Mackems with them having a game in hand. That'd mean that they go into their game against Everton knowing that a loss means they're down, piling all the pressure on them. I'm by no means confident but we have one hell of a chance now imo.

4 points clear with a point meaning they could get above us on goal difference on the last day.

Completely this, if we beat Villa then the pressure will be piled on them more than it ever has been. Chelsea putting in a good performance next Saturday is huge for us.

I make them slight favourites, as do the bookies. However, nowt will be clear until we prove we can win away and they prove they (Defoe) can score at home. i.e. we'll know next Saturday at 5pm.

That's why their penalty was massive tbh, we could have went 5 points clear but now it can only be 4.  Darlows was save was massive but equally was their equaliser.

People keep going on about their penalty being massive for them. Darlow's penalty save was equally massive for us.

The Darlow penalty save was more important and worth two points, Defoe only gained one point.

9 ffs [emoji38]

Two games to go, teams below us have games in hand. The race is between 3 teams for two places. It's still very likely we could go down. Our form has massively picked up but we Are now in a position where we have to win those last two games.  We have no breathing space.

So staying on a 9 as its ver likely we could go down. Just being realistic and not getting carried away with yesterday's brilliant result, with the en save.  If the mackems never got that pen, i may have been an 8 today.