Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

we have won 6 games all season we will probably need to 4 out of our last 8. How the fuck can people see that happening is beyond me

because sometimes circumstances change performances, i'm not saying they definitely will, but it does happen

30 games played, 6 games won. Wow. The stat says it all.

I'm up from a 5 to a 7. We still have a chance because of those three home games but there's a real possibility that even 37 or 38 points won't be enough.

and with our record this season it's unlikely we'll get 100% from all the games we expect to pick up points in. just takes one decent defensive display from a team like fulham, or a flukey counter attack from boro, and we're virtually relegated. taking this into account we have to pick up some unexpected points along the way, starting against chelsea. saying things like "well we didn't expect to get points here so why is everyone upset?" as a couple did after the arsenal game just isnt good enough any more.

I'm up from a 5 to a 7. We still have a chance because of those three home games but there's a real possibility that even 37 or 38 points won't be enough.

and with our record this season it's unlikely we'll get 100% from all the games we expect to pick up points in. just takes one decent defensive display from a team like fulham, or a flukey counter attack from boro, and we're virtually relegated. taking this into account we have to pick up some unexpected points along the way, starting against chelsea. saying things like "well we didn't expect to get points here so why is everyone upset?" as a couple did after the arsenal game just isnt good enough any more.

Yep. The only reason Boro are still in touching distance is because they very recently beat a Liverpool side who are currently unstoppable. We can't afford to write any fixtures off and not getting anything from Man Utd and Arsenal after two decent showings is gutting.

regardless of them games, i think if we lose to chelsea and stoke , we will be gone. At that stage we will be more than 3 pts adrift of safety, so even if we win, we stay in the bottom 3,..thats why i think we are going down.

Guest Darth Toon

We've only won 6 games? Jesus, that's shocking.

In all their glory: -

Newcastle Vs Bolton Wanderers 1 - 0

Newcastle Vs West Brom 2 - 1

Newcastle Vs Aston Villa 2 - 0

Portsmouth Vs Newcastle 0 - 3

Newcastle Vs Tottenham 2 - 1

West Brom Vs Newcastle 1 - 3

Holy shit that's scary.

Since Keegan left we've only actually beaten 4 teams!

:kinnear:

Looking at it another way...

We still have to play 3 of those teams again, and the one team we have beaten and played twice.... we won again.

if we go down its the amount got games we drew at home where we shud easily have won. im thinking of the 2-2 against city last minute goal, stoke last minute goal 2-2, wigan last minute goal was that 2-2 aswell? everton 0-0(f*ckin nolan!) and many more its cost us big time if we had just hung on in a few of those games we would be nowhere near the bottom 3

if we go down its the amount got games we drew at home where we shud easily have won. im thinking of the 2-2 against city last minute goal, stoke last minute goal 2-2, wigan last minute goal was that 2-2 aswell? everton 0-0(f*ckin nolan!) and many more its cost us big time if we had just hung on in a few of those games we would be nowhere near the bottom 3

Those missed opportunities may be the difference between 17th and 18th, but the overall reason we are almost certainly going down is a full year of spineless incompetence from the playing staff (with very few exceptions), the selfishness of our first full time manager this season, the ineptitude of our second, and about five years of suicidal administration from the top.  A fat moron with no understanding of good finance followed by a fat moron with no understanding of football - fucking incredible. 

That is going to be my last word on the subject (if I can help it).  I'm sick of sitting around at work and worrying about relegation, I can only imagine what its like for you lads in the area.  I'm hoping for a miracle, but you don't dig a ditch this deep and expect to get out at the last minute.  I can only hope that the list of men responsible for killing this club (players, managers and owners - all plural) suffer the same fortunes in their careers that they have forced upon NUFC. 

Us, Sunderland and Hull.

Hull are lucky or unlucky in picking up most of their points early on, they are in free-fall now.

Sunderland have a run-in comparable with us and are playing shite, while we did lose, we at least showed that we 'could' play a bit.

However, If we don't win our home games against Fulham/Pompey/Boro then its us - unless one of the others doesn't win a game again this season.

The fat lass isn't on stage yet lads, but she's no doubt checked on the train times North.

Holy s*** that's scary.

Since Keegan left we've only actually beaten 4 teams!

:kinnear:

Five you mean?  Kinnear has only won 4 however.

Us, Sunderland and Hull.

Hull are lucky or unlucky in picking up most of their points early on, they are in free-fall now.

Sunderland have a run-in comparable with us and are playing s****, while we did lose, we at least showed that we 'could' play a bit.

However, If we don't win our home games against Fulham/Pompey/Boro then its us - unless one of the others doesn't win a game again this season.

The fat lass isn't on stage yet lads, but she's no doubt checked on the train times North.

What have Boro done to make you think they'll stay up?

Us, Sunderland and Hull.

Sunderland have a run-in comparable with us and are playing s****, while we did lose, we at least showed that we 'could' play a bit.

:iamatwat: but also true  :sadnod:

Us, Sunderland and Hull.

Sunderland have a run-in comparable with us and are playing shite, while we did lose, we at least showed that we 'could' play a bit.

Surprised nobody seems to be mentioning Blackburn for the drop. They quite possibly have a worse run in than us.

Us, Sunderland and Hull.

i think he means that west brom and boro below us and then between us hull and makems for the drop which i agree cnt see the others struggling as much as us three

Us, Sunderland and Hull.

i think he means that west brom and boro below us and then between us hull and makems for the drop which i agree cnt see the others struggling as much as us three

Ah.

Hull, Boro and West Brom for more to go down, I think we'll just stay up (perhaps even on goal difference).

Us, Sunderland and Hull.

Ah.

Hull, Boro and West Brom for more to go down, I think we'll just stay up (perhaps even on goal difference).

Soz Frazzie, as they said above, I was taking W.Brom and Boro as nailed on down.

Guest Darth Toon

Five you mean?  Kinnear has only won 4 however.

I meant 4 different teams, the 5 wins include beating WBA twice.