Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Still sure we won't go down, we competed fairly well today before the red. Injuries are a pain obviously, but we look composed and well prepared before Shelvey went mental.

That all fair and square against the better teams, my worry is when we need to be more positive against the bulk of this division which is average at best, I'm not so sure we can adjust. We created absolutely nothing today when it was 11 v 11.

I'm up from a 4 to a 6 after today, I was possibly the most positive of us prior to watching what went on today. The season for me hinges on Shelvey and Gayle playing as effective as they did last season, one of those two has already proven that he could be more of a hindrance than an asset, the other hasn't really been the same since his injury last season. Too early to judge whether Merino can take over from Shelvey, and of course we have zero alternatives to Gayle. Hayden and Ritchie too were very disappointing today, putting question marks in my mind on whether they can make the step up. There were positives in Atsu, Manquillo and Lejuene, along with Merino's little cameo of course but too many negative to take out of that.

How on earth can you judge Hayden and Ritiche after 1 game against a class Spurs side? Ritchie has already proven he is quality in the Premiership at Bournemouth.  Total knee-jerk nonsense to doubt them in this division today.

Thought we were solid enough today so far. You can't plan for two injuries and Shelvey being a stupid c*** though.

Organised and well drilled whilst sitting deep. Had nothing to offer going forward, though. Which is hardly surprising, when our team is made up of a load of Championship quality players.

Against one of the very best teams in the league. Expect this to be completely ignored though.

Created nothing today and that is a major convern especiallh at home - the lack of quality on the pitch and even more so in the squad as a whole if alarming. With fat cunt not prepared to back his manager then I just can't see anything but a season of extreme stuggle and as it stands I will be not surprised in the least if we are playing Championship football again next year.

I'm up from a 4 to a 6 after today, I was possibly the most positive of us prior to watching what went on today. The season for me hinges on Shelvey and Gayle playing as effective as they did last season, one of those two has already proven that he could be more of a hindrance than an asset, the other hasn't really been the same since his injury last season. Too early to judge whether Merino can take over from Shelvey, and of course we have zero alternatives to Gayle. Hayden and Ritchie too were very disappointing today, putting question marks in my mind on whether they can make the step up. There were positives in Atsu, Manquillo and Lejuene, along with Merino's little cameo of course but too many negative to take out of that.

How on earth can you judge Hayden and Ritiche after 1 game against a class Spurs side? Ritchie has already proven he is quality in the Premiership at Bournemouth.  Total knee-jerk nonsense to doubt them in this division today.

Reading comprehension ? Try it!

Ritchie played the bulk of his career in the lower leagues, he's had one full season in the PL, in a Newcastle shirt he still has to prove he's got the quality. People are all too quick to write Shelvey off as not being able to make the step up, yet he's played a hell of a lot more games in the top flight than Ritchie. Ritchie today did nothing and should have been sent off for what was a shocking tackle, I think had Shelvey not gone moments before he would have been shown the red card himself.

I genuinely don't know why anyone would change their opinion based on today, there was literally nothing which happened which was particularly shocking or unexpected.

If you looked at just the result 0-2 against last year's runner's up then absolutely true, however if you look a bit deeper, at how we played, how much effort Spuds had to expend to beat us comfortably, how the vast majority of the team performed, there is a hell of a lot to be worried about, I fear it'll get worse before it gets any better, Huddersfield is going to be extremely tough. Rafa already starting to look pissed off and who can blame him ?

I would say if you look deeper it's actually more positive. We basically were an equal competitor with one of the best teams in the league before the red card.

If anything I'm slightly more positive, although f***ing annoyed with Shelvey.

They weren't playing like one of the best teams on the league, they didn't have to.

I would say if you look deeper it's actually more positive. We basically were an equal competitor with one of the best teams in the league before the red card.

They weren't playing like one of the best teams on the league, they didn't have to.

Well not in the end, because of Shelvey. But it was a very even game before that.

Well not in the end, because of Shelvey. But it was a very even game before that.

Again, they were in second gear, was that down to us defending well or just complacency from them, I think it's the latter, they look like a team that will grow into the season rather than one that is ready to blast off from the start.

I genuinely don't know why anyone would change their opinion based on today, there was literally nothing which happened which was particularly shocking or unexpected.

If you looked at just the result 0-2 against last year's runner's up then absolutely true, however if you look a bit deeper, at how we played, how much effort Spuds had to expend to beat us comfortably, how the vast majority of the team performed, there is a hell of a lot to be worried about, I fear it'll get worse before it gets any better, Huddersfield is going to be extremely tough. Rafa already starting to look p*ssed off and who can blame him ?

Nope because i thought we'd be solid defensively before the game and before Shelvey's idiotic stamp we were, i thought we lacked creativity all summer long and we did.

There was nothing there that surprised me to the point i would change my mind about anything.

Yeah, afar is having a mare. Compete meltdown.

Pretty sure he's a troll or clinically bipolar at this point.

Check this out:

Starting off with a 4, as I firmly believe Rafa will not have us in a relegation battle.

Ha Ha this forum really is pessimists united, just enjoy it man, believe me Rafa will leave one day and then what ......give up ?........stop supporting?........pack football in?........there are literally thousands of teams around the world that win nothing every year and achieve the grand total of f*** all, supporting your local team is your birth right and if its not your your local team and you support them because of some strange draw towards them then even better but for f***s sake take the good with the bad and right now its good.

Totally agree, I'm as cynical as the best if them, but ffs the amount of folks on here that seem to want to remove all possible hope from the season is crazy. Ashley is a dick, we have a squad with holes in it but we have a world class manager who can get the best out of players. Seriously this is about as good as it's been under Ashley, if you can't at least hope for a season where you can truly get behind the team, then why bother at all. Give up, go watch the darts or something.

MAckems 2 up, trading places again may be a distinct possibility going off this. I was relatively optimistic at that we would be comfortably safe this season, if this is any indication, then that's way way off. We may be bottom of the league when this is over, and we may not move from there. Huddersfield is a horrible fixture up next, being their first home game and on the back of a great performance against palace, it's doubly hard now after losing 3 players here.

I mean, what the fuck?

Ritchie played the bulk of his career in the lower leagues, he's had one full season in the PL, in a Newcastle shirt he still has to prove he's got the quality. People are all too quick to write Shelvey off as not being able to make the step up, yet he's played a hell of a lot more games in the top flight than Ritchie. Ritchie today did nothing and should have been sent off for what was a shocking tackle, I think had Shelvey not gone moments before he would have been shown the red card himself.

Ritchie is going to be one of our most important players this season. His drive is what we're going to need if we're in the bottom 6 come February. He got 4 goals and 6 assists with Bournmouth, he gets a similar return this season and its a respectable return. Football isn't just about ability, drive and determination is a large part of it, especially when you're at the bottom. If we'd had more players like him two years ago we wouldn't have got relegated. You can't judge a right winger after 90 minutes vs spurs, 40 of which were played with 10 men, when our game plan seemed obviously to be exploit their right back through atsu. Only thing he did wrong was not making a run into the box when atsu put it across. That would have made it 1-0.

:lol: Christ.

Today, particularly the first half, is how we are going to play against the bigger sides especially; I posted after the game we made the 2nd best team in the PL last year look utterly toothless for 45 minutes. It isn't pretty, no, but it surely is effective. I firmly believe that this team, even without further additions, will stay up comfortably in the 9th-15th range as long as Rafa Benitez remains manager.

Pretty sure he's a troll or clinically bipolar at this point.

Check this out:

Starting off with a 4, as I firmly believe Rafa will not have us in a relegation battle.

Ha Ha this forum really is pessimists united, just enjoy it man, believe me Rafa will leave one day and then what ......give up ?........stop supporting?........pack football in?........there are literally thousands of teams around the world that win nothing every year and achieve the grand total of f*** all, supporting your local team is your birth right and if its not your your local team and you support them because of some strange draw towards them then even better but for f***s sake take the good with the bad and right now its good.

Totally agree, I'm as cynical as the best if them, but ffs the amount of folks on here that seem to want to remove all possible hope from the season is crazy. Ashley is a dick, we have a squad with holes in it but we have a world class manager who can get the best out of players. Seriously this is about as good as it's been under Ashley, if you can't at least hope for a season where you can truly get behind the team, then why bother at all. Give up, go watch the darts or something.

MAckems 2 up, trading places again may be a distinct possibility going off this. I was relatively optimistic at that we would be comfortably safe this season, if this is any indication, then that's way way off. We may be bottom of the league when this is over, and we may not move from there. Huddersfield is a horrible fixture up next, being their first home game and on the back of a great performance against palace, it's doubly hard now after losing 3 players here.

I mean, what the f***?

Wow that's a lot of effort putting all that together good job.

But you are right I do feel bi polar in the extreme right now, honestly my mistake was thinking before today that we weren't as bad as most folks on here were saying we were.

Ritchie is going to be one of our most important players this season. His drive is what we're going to need if we're in the bottom 6 come February. He got 4 goals and 6 assists with Bournmouth, he gets a similar return this season and its a respectable return. Football isn't just about ability, drive and determination is a large part of it, especially when you're at the bottom. If we'd had more players like him two years ago we wouldn't have got relegated. You can't judge a right winger after 90 minutes vs spurs, 40 of which were played with 10 men, when our game plan seemed obviously to be exploit their right back through atsu. Only thing he did wrong was not making a run into the box when atsu put it across. That would have made it 1-0.

FYI: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,98837.msg6453923.html#msg6453923

So to recap:

Thursday - Pundits are judging our players unfairly, these players have improved immensely under Rafa. Firmly believes we'll get beat, as Spurs are a class above us.

Sunday - Judges Hayden and Ritchie after one match, they have it all to prove at this level. Panic stations about losing 2-0.

:laugh2:

FYI: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,98837.msg6453923.html#msg6453923

So to recap:

Thursday - Pundits are judging our players unfairly, these players have improved immensely under Rafa. Firmly believes we'll get beat, as Spurs are a class above us.

Sunday - Judges Hayden and Ritchie after one match, they have it all to prove at this level. Panic stations about losing 2-0.

:laugh2:

Why are you quoting Louistoon, it's not his fault I'm a total spanner :) I was wrong and the pundits were right, at the minute, seriously dude don't take my words in any other form than concerned right now, I've been a little shocked in that performance that we are so far away from where I thought we were. That's all, I thought we would be comfortably safe this season and the pundits and those whinging on here were just over blowing things, now I've moved to a 6 so I'm more concerned that perhaps they were right and I was wrong. That's it, bi polar for sure but that's it, you can dispense with the stalking now :)