Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Same here. The thread title is an absolute dagger to the heart as a stand-alone sentence. But when i think about it i'm really not that arsed. It's been coming for a while and although long-suffering NO-type fans don't really deserve it, most people connected to the club including the Luv Pardew brigade, deserve nothing less.

Guest firetotheworks

Might send him a tweet telling him that I don't want to talk to him, but thanks for trying.

Peter Ramage

2h2 hours ago

Peter Ramage ‏@peterramage83

Woke up in a sorry mood, but still alive, kids healthy... It's a new day, time to stand tall and fight thru tough times together #Nufc

Old Peter Damage back next season? :lol:

Released by Coventry. Wouldn't put it past them.

Guest firetotheworks

All I really remember of him was basically rugby tackling Rooney in the box at Old Trafford and somehow getting away with it.

Peter Ramage

2h2 hours ago

Woke up in a sorry mood, but still alive, kids healthy... It's a new day, time to stand tall and fight thru tough times together #Nufc

I don't know if it's time travel or reconstructive surgery - but I do feel like Peter Ramage was reincarnated and repackaged as a midfielder under a new identity: Jack Colback.

He just forgot to change his Twitter handle.

I said last night when you compare Sunderland with Newcastle in the last few months, how hungry the Sunderland players are.

They were really ready for the scrap, you could sense how much it meant to every one of their players.

Yet on the other hand, our players (with the exception of a small minority), just rolled over and had no fight or desire to actually wear the shirt.

For me, that was one of the worst parts, that our nearest and most bitter rivals, wanted it more than we did.

I said last night when you compare Sunderland with Newcastle in the last few months, how hungry the Sunderland players are.

They were really ready for the scrap, you could sense how much it meant to every one of their players.

Yet on the other hand, our players (with the exception of a small minority), just rolled over and had no fight or desire to actually wear the shirt.

For me, that was one of the worst parts, that our nearest and most bitter rivals, wanted it more than we did.

That is exactly the same thing I noticed when comparing us to other teams (esp Sunderland).

They looked like they were prepared to sweat blood to stay up. Our players didn't look fucked enough to sweat actual sweat. Yours looked similar.

Just incase anyone wants to know what former NUFC goalkeeping legend John Karelse thinks of the situation:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stop-buying-players-you-think-11327947?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cheers John.

After we've spent the last few days amazed at how papers are finally stating the absolutely bleeding obvious, pointlessly repeating the same truths we've known for years, when we thought there's no easier article you can write about what's wrong at NUFC, then we get... what?!  :lol:

Speaking to the media in Holland, Karelse said: “So many players have been bought, just for buying sake, in order to boost the merchandising and the sale of shirts.

If there's one thing Ashley gives a square root of zero fucks about, it's how excited fans are about a new signing and how many shirts they'll buy. Has he not followed English football for 10 years, been asked for comment, googled "newcastle relegation" and decided Michael Owen is responsible for going down?  Or has he seen a load of lads trying to shift their Thauvin shirts on eBay?

“And if a player does not meet expectations, they just sell him after a year at a terrific loss.

No we don't :lol:  Players who don't meet expectations sit around unsellable on the bench, go out on loan or play anyway because we have nobody else that can even half fill a position on the pitch they once had a go at when they were 17.

This club needs stability, but there is nothing new in that statement.

They needed stability the first time they were relegated, but instead have kept on buying players all the same all those years.

We need the opposite of stability, we need to chuck 90% of the club in the bin and start again.  This guy :lol:

Peter Ramage

2h2 hours ago

I don't know if it's time travel or reconstructive surgery - but I do feel like Peter Ramage was reincarnated and repackaged as a midfielder under a new identity: Jack Colback.

Cack wishes he has half the skill that Ramage had. Fucking abysmal fraud.

Peter Ramage

2h2 hours ago