Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We cant win at home and we have a striker whos f***ing sunday league standard these 2 points lost today will relegate us

we have now failed to beat Brighton x2, Burnley x2,Bournemouth, Watford and HUddersfield losing 5 of them games without scoring a single goal....We don't belong in this league man with that record

To add balance to your bias stats. We've beat Stoke x2, West Ham x2, took 4 points from Swansea, and beat Palace. We need goals, and if we get Slimani in, we have the best striker in the bottom half, excluding Sturridge.

If Slimani stays fit and gets the chances Joselu is missing we'll be absolutely fine.

Yep

What I'm saying in the Rafa thread. The team is functioning, creating chances and dominating at times actually, but when it comes to the business end it helps down and he can't affect that. Unless he gets a top striker.

Yet another must win thrown away. Drawing against Swansea, Brighton & Burnley at home will see us down. It was the period to make a difference and we f***ed it.

However, tonight alone West ham drew at home to Palace, Soton drew at home to Brighton and Stoke just drew at home to Watford. Everybody is chucking wins away and not taking chances. It's not just us.

Play like the first 70 minutes of that match and I think we will stay up comfortably with Kenedy and Slimani playing. Were in the dirt if we don't start putting them chances away. The way I see it, Joselu and Gayle are the worst strikers in the league and were still grinding out draws and being unlucky not to win.

I think we will be ok but ... Newcastle  :undecided:

Yet another must win thrown away. Drawing against Swansea, Brighton & Burnley at home will see us down. It was the period to make a difference and we f***ed it.

However, tonight alone West ham drew at home to Palace, Soton drew at home to Brighton and Stoke just drew at home to Watford. Everybody is chucking wins away and not taking chances. It's not just us.

which is why I suspect that our goal difference may be the clincher.

The bottom of the table is still ridiculously tight like. No need for anyone to lose their shit just yet, even an adequate finish to the season will still probably be enough to stay up, getting a proper striker in and converting a few chances will put points on the board, got a decent goal difference but we’ve got to start winning a few home games and/or win some games we’d expect to lose.

All isn’t lost yet, we’ve been dreadful for large parts of the season and it’s been very disappointing but we’re still in with a hell of a chance if we get our act together. I’m naturally a bit pessimistic but if we put a decent run together we’ll do it. All to play for as they say.

which is why I suspect that our goal difference may be the clincher.

:thup:

13 games to go, if we aim for 14 points that puts us on 38. We still have Palace, Bournemouth, Soton, Huddersfield, West Brom and Watford that are "winnable". All of those teams, excluding Bournemouth are in equally poor form, if not worse.

If we play like that every week, we'll be fine. Straight out of the McClaren songbook, I know, but we are playing well and creating chances. We've got a striker now who is capable of converting them.

The bottom of the table is still ridiculously tight like. No need for anyone to lose their shit just yet, even an adequate finish to the season will still probably be enough to stay up, getting a proper striker in and converting a few chances will put points on the board, got a decent goal difference but we’ve got to start winning a few home games and/or win some games we’d expect to lose.

All isn’t lost yet, we’ve been dreadful for large parts of the season and it’s been very disappointing but we’re still in with a hell of a chance if we get our act together. I’m naturally a bit pessimistic but if we put a decent run together we’ll do it. All to play for as they say.

I'm right behind this train of thought.

We are all raw so soon after dropping more points but we aren't cut adrift at the bottom.

We are in danger but all is not lost yet. Need to stay calm as best we can.

(not sure why I'm saying this really as I am a firm believer that staying up will just lead to another, if not more, depressing season under Ashley next year so we'd be better of going down anyway)

If we play like that every week, we'll be fine. Straight out of the McClaren songbook, I know, but we are playing well and creating chances. We've got a striker now who is capable of converting them.

:thup:

Had Swansea not pulled off 2 ridiculous wins recently, we'd have the best form out of the bottom 7 teams. How must Huddersfield and Soton feel?

You do look at Southampton drawing at home to Brighton tonight and think they could actually go.

Because their early game at West Ham was switched, they have 4 consecutive away games soon. And of the 5 left at home? Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City.

If we stay up, Slimani and Kenedy will be the difference. A disgusting transfer window (again), but these two give us an obvious upgrade regardless- Rafa's organisation will save us heavy defeats as well.

It's going to go down to the final day imo (Chelsea at home...).