Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Impossible to predict. We've the best manager out of the teams in the mix though.

Depends how you determine best. If we judge managers by the impact/added value they bring to a team. Now. As in this season. Then Carlos Carvalhal takes some beating. 8 games with Swansea, 4 wins 3 draws and a loss. Previous 8 games for Swansea, 1 win, 2 draws, 5 losses. Swansea looked certainties for the drop. The way he has them playing I reckon they have more chance of climbing away from the bottom than we do.

If you're thinking the previous top level jobs and trophies determine the best manager, then fair enough. However Rafa has played a Carvalhal team four times in the last couple of seasons: lost three and drawn one. Not exactly evidence of outclassing him.

After Palace. We have to play Man utd, Spurs and Liverpool in our next 5. The other two are Southampton at home (where we havent won since October) and Bournemouth away.

I know that everyone else is absolutely shit too, but we just seem to lack so much quality. Draws at home to WBA, Brighton, Swansea and now an utterly finished Burnley is poor like, real poor.

I think this year we are very lucky in that there's several teams which are terrible. Just wish one or two of them were total dog shit, feels 20th could easily put on a run and escape. I'm hoping with our 3 signings it will be enough to turn some of our draws in to wins which will be enough to keep us up.

The Premier League Fantasy League game rates the difficulty of forthcoming fixtures (1-5 easiest to hardest). Just adding up the total for the remaining games gives a rough way of gauging who has the hardest final 13 games. Of the teams who could get relegated here are the easiest to hardest run-ins:

Swansea & Bournemouth (35); Palace (36); Stoke, Huddersfield, West Brom (37); Southampton, West Ham, Watford (38); Newcastle (39); Brighton (41).

Can’t judge with fixtures because there are always strange results through March onwards, teams stuck in middle table with nothing to play for are probably the best fixtures to have, Watford and Everton games will be massive.

I’m still 50-50, going to be nervy

It will come down to the last day.

If we beat Chelsea at home we'll be fine. If we fail to do that, good night.

I have no faith we will. We can't beat anybody at home and already been schooled by Chelsea twice this season.

Strangely specific assumption.

I might have lowered from a 10 but the Burnley result still shows we can't win games at home which is a huge problem. I hope Slimani will make a difference but I think it's a mentality problem as well as a lack of talent across the board. Too many players who have been groomed to be losers by the likes of Pardoo, Charver and Schteve. The difference it would have made having a real striker instead of Joselu from the start of the season. Thanks again fat cunt.

I might have lowered from a 10 but the Burnley result still shows we can't win games at home which is a huge problem. I hope Slimani will make a difference but I think it's a mentality problem as well as a lack of talent across the board. Too many players who have been groomed to be losers by the likes of Pardoo, Charver and Schteve.

If we create the same chances for Slimani as we have for the others our home form will be fine. Hard to understate how much strikers have cost us this season, and hard to overstate how much credit Rafa deserves for getting the shower of shit he's got too create chances in the pl.

It will come down to the last day.

If we beat Chelsea at home we'll be fine. If we fail to do that, good night.

I have no faith we will. We can't beat anybody at home and already been schooled by Chelsea twice this season.

Strangely specific assumption.

Well given how tight it is down the bottom half I’d be very, very surprised if it does not go down to the wire. There could easily be two relegation spots open on the last day it is mad this season.

I think the lack of points in the bournemouth, watford,brighton, swansea and burnley games is really gonna bite us on the arse  :sad:

Yep. Not getting the points, we might have reasonably expected, from: Burnley, Brighton, Swansea, Watford, Bournemouth, even Leicester at home (3 fucking points from 6 winnable home games  :huff:) means to stay up, we are going to have to get points we aren’t reasonably expected to get.

Bit worrying looking at the fixtures, I'd say Huddersfield and Southampton have equally as difficult fixtures but the rest have easier ones. It's all on paper obviously but games like Palace away are games you need to be picking up points. We're going to have to beat one of the big sides.

Bit worrying looking at the fixtures, I'd say Huddersfield and Southampton have equally as difficult fixtures but the rest have easier ones. It's all on paper obviously but games like Palace away are games you need to be picking up points. We're going to have to beat one of the big sides.

We seem to be the only side around the bottom not pulling off surprise results. Given we’ve failed to beat Swansea, Brighton arguably Burnley and lost to Bournemouth at home we’re gonna have to get a couple of expected wins from now til the end of the season.

I’ve always been confident we’d stay up but with Swansea and West Brom having a bit of a resurgence I’m not so sure anymore.