Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I think Cardiff will stay up now. They are strong at home and are now picking up points away from home.

We are probably going to have to rely on one of the established teams to go down.

A few months ago it was looking like 32 points could keep you up, but I think we are looking at something like 37 points now.

I think Cardiff will stay up now. They are strong at home and are now picking up points away from home.

We are probably going to have to rely on one of the established teams to go down.

A few months ago it was looking like 32 points could keep you up, but I think we are looking at something like 37 points now.

It was always going to be between 35-38 points to stay up. Everyone always says it looks like it will be a small number to stay up, then February hits and teams suddenly start to click, and results start coming in.

It was always going to be between 35-38 points to stay up. Everyone always says it looks like it will be a small number to stay up, then February hits and teams suddenly start to click, and results start coming in.

I disagree the top 6 were beating everyone else until Crystal Palace beat Man City away from home and some teams down the bottom including ourselves were making record bad starts and struggling to win home or away so 32 points was looking likely at one point to stay up.

I reckon Brighton are a good outside bet to go down

Stays the same today and we win at Wolves and we level with these. IF so I think we finish ahead of them (given we now finish ahead of Fulham and Hudds) and for me puts the thought of relegation to bed.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hope Brighton don’t go down myself, would like any of Palace, Burnley or Southampton to go down over them.

I don’t think NUFC will go down, although I’m not arsed either way.

Horrific scores for us again.

Don't think 34pts will be enough to survive this year and it's a struggle to pick out the points, unless we pull off another huge shock.

Definitely don't see Cardiff going down.... feels like they're winning all the time :lol:

Don't think 34pts will be enough to survive this year and it's a struggle to pick out the points, unless we pull off another huge shock.

Definitely don't see Cardiff going down.... feels like they're winning all the time :lol:

We need a least 4 wins and a couple of draws or 5 wins to survive imo. We must beat Huddersfield and Southampton at home that's absolutely vital then we need to not get beat off Brighton away and Fulham away

The other wins hopefully can come from Burnley at Home and Palace at home

If we can somehow win on Monday though it will be massive

In Southampton’s next 7 games they have Arsenal, Man United, Spurs and Liverpool. If those teams don’t resort to shithouse levels of performances then hopefully we can move a few points ahead of them before they come to SJP in early April.

Similarly, Cardiff have Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Man United in their last seven games, so from their point of view their next couple are massive, at home to Watford and Everton - two teams prone to a shithouse performance and a 1-0 loss.

We've still got six matches against the teams around us, which now includes Brighton, plus games against Everton, Leicester and Bournemouth. The results were horrendous again but don't change the huge opportunity for points that we have.

We are probably going to need another one of those results to stay up.

I still think there is going to be that one team everyone thinks are safe or are in good form that will just completely nosedive in the remaining 12 matches of the season. Our remaining fixtures are probably the easiest on paper so that is one thing in our favour.

There's only two more "Big 6" clubs left for us to play. We in no way need to beat one of them. Just beat whats around us and it'll be fine. Beat the mid table teams who are switching off like Bournemouth and Everton. Plenty of chances to win left.

People also act as if we can't buy a result right now. We're playing well and have 6 from the last 3.

I agree, Man City, Spurs and Wolves I would have bitten ya hand off for 3 draws, that’s 3 points.

We already have those 3 points  O0

Wolves will be very tough , I’m expecting nothing, I was expecting nothing or maybe a point at best from these 3 games so happy days.

For me there is a plus about our situation. In the 2 seasons that we have went down there is a moment in February/March time where you look at the remaining fixtures and don’t think you can get enough from them. The last time we went down was the Bournemouth game when this happened for me and a lot of other people.

This season I still see quite a few games where we can pick results up from. In addition to this we have been playing decently, there has been few games where we have been out of them for long periods, and over the last few games we have looked good. We beat Cardiff comfortably and didn’t really get going doing so, we looked good against Man City except for the first 30 seconds, and despite the result we were worthy of at least a point against Spurs.

The results yesterday didn’t go for us, however you look at though you can say another team has been added into the battle now with Brighton. Even though the results for us were not good, you could very well say that they were the worst for Southampton, especially if we get a result tomorrow night. If you are Southampton right now you must be worried as you appear to be coming out of your new manager bounce, and are still in the relegation zone.

Ultimately I am worried because our position isn’t exactly ideal and you always want some points separating you, however under Rafa we look organised enough to get some decent results. I look at other teams who look poorer than us. Brighton yesterday made Burnley look like a well organised and stable side, yet anyone half decent have been showing Burnley up to be a poor side.