Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest neesy111

Didn’t we end the first relegation season with Portsmouth, Boro & Fulham at home before Villa and only got 4 points? 5 would have done it.

Yes.

It should have been 5 if it wasn't for Howard bent Webb.

Didn’t we end the first relegation season with Portsmouth, Boro & Fulham at home before Villa and only got 4 points? 5 would have done it.

Yeah, aside from those 3 games though there were no fixtures where you could really see us get anything from.

In short, don't fucking whinge when other clubs do their best to pick up points.

If we get relegated, with the fixtures we have, then we absolutely don't deserve to be in this league.

Exactly right. I’ve been a zero from August and haven’t changed - and this is why. There are clearly three teams worse than us. We’re clearly not in the bottom three of the form table. We have a superior manager than any squad in the bottom half (at least).

So zero, and if we do go down from here it’s because *someone* hit the self-destruct button.

Probably the biggest concern about Newcastle is only Huddersfield have scored less goals than us. We do struggle to score more than 1 per game.

Look at it from Nov 1 and it's not as bad as that. We're fifth bottom in the goals for column and sixth top in the goal against one. Rondon, among others, is up to speed now, so the games before are not particularly relevant. I don't think you'd judge Man U now by their form under Mourinho ;) In this period, we have only two fewer points than Wolves.

On the season as a whole, we are actually equal in goals scored and against in the first half of matches. It is testament to how Benitez sets the team up. There is a huge discrepancy in the second half, 8 goals for and 20 against, but some will be the paucity of what is on the bench. The 3 second-half goals Liverpool got at Anfield were a blip and the Dubs door-opening errors against Man U and Spurs were both second half, making this stat worse than it should be.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd have been almost certain of our safety if we'd won that tbh, it feels like a big missed opportunity, but win the next 2 and I think we're set.

Still a 3.

If you offered me 7 points from Cardiff, Man City, Spurs and Wolves, i'f have bitten your hand off, but i'm f***ing furious at that bent as f*** ref.

Its an excellent return when you consider the quality and form of the teams we have played.

Our run in is easier than last season. Get 8 points from remaining home matches and a handful away and we are home and dry.