Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

37 minutes ago, Beamish said:

It's just blind faith without anything to back it up, that's what gets people's backs up.

What a ridiculous statement, just 'made up' out of nothing but ignorance.

Whitley Mag understands the logic, and (in the same way that I do) is able to filter out the prejudice, naivety, and inferiority-complex thinking, that blights many on here.

The outcome of all this is obvious. Why so many choose not to see it is (I admit) COMPLETELY beyond me. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Have thought that myself but sadly I guess we don't have anywhere near the same amount of leverage as that awful lot. 

Would being disqualified from the league be a bad thing? Prevents us from having to watch Bruceball and gives us an easy way of not caring anymore :lol: 

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Would being disqualified from the league be a bad thing? Prevents us from having to watch Bruceball and gives us an easy way of not caring anymore :lol: 

Aye I'd take it, such is the state of things. Boot us down to League 2, fuck it. Test the Saudis' long-termism. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Putting these back-and-forward arguments aside, for one moment...

...what are people's thoughts on why the PL didn't just deny the takeover and instead left it hanging? I know they say they were waiting on a response from whoever. But there surely must be a reason they didn't just say 

nope? I don't know, which is why I'm asking.

From my understanding, they can only legally do that by proving KSA are not indeed separate from PIF which they have requested from them to do so, which they haven’t, but they haven’t proven that they are separate or rather the PL can’t prove they are not separate either so we are at a crossroads which the PL had hoped by not deciding either way, PIF would walk away and forget all about it which they kind of did by formally withdrawing their bid to buy the club, but they didn’t withdraw from the ODT which in reality remains open, just not ongoing.

The PL don’t want PIF owning NUFC because it worries who they are in bed with, Bein sports and the so called big six to name a few so any excuse they can use to stall this or keep it from happening has been and is and will be used.

Only now any decision they can/may get to make will be decided by the courts and based on actual law which they’d rather not happen, but it does free them from any ‘obligations’ to others pressuring them to block the takeover once and for all and also a recourse to appeal should a decision go against them, likewise the club of course.

The club, PIF, Ashley, KSA and whoever hope they will buckle and pass it out of court, but are prepared for the long game and will take it as far as it goes and leads which for everyone means, well, it’s now a waiting game, it happens or it doesn’t. we will know only when it either does or doesn’t and everything else in between is bumph. I think a compromise and deal will be agreed between all parties eventually and this time next millennium, there will be no more Sports Direct signs around SJP or Ashley as our owner. 

Me, in between now and then, when do Gateshead’s fixtures for next season come out?

7 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Whitley Mag understands the logic, and (in the same way that I do) is able to filter out the prejudice, naivety, and inferiority-complex thinking, that blights many on here.

The outcome of all this is obvious. Why so many choose not to see it is (I admit) COMPLETELY beyond me. 

To be fair, Whitley doesn't even understand the difference between you're and your. 

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Aye I'd take it, such is the state of things. Boot us down to League 2, fuck it. Test the Saudis' long-termism. 

It’d be fantastic. Siege mentality, fanbase bound together, 40k fans in division 4,  Saudi squillions. The only bad thing would be that the chosen 6 spend would spend the following years working out a way to have final say on any transfer in the league.

50 minutes ago, Beamish said:

Thing is though it's not even an opinion is it?

It's just blind faith without anything to back it up, that's what gets people's backs up.

I’ve offered plenty of opinion over last 12 months to back up why I believe takeover will happen. I’m sensible enough to reappraise that if something significant happens to change that point of view. However, nothing in my opinion has happened yet to change my point of view this will eventually go through.

For clarity, I think arbitration will fall our way based on what the PL are requesting in relation to the state being named a director as being nothing more than a delaying tactic and completely unreasonable. The point in relation to what is deemed ‘control’ will come down to semantics and I think Saudi law will support them being separate. It’s worth noting that even Qatar accepted PIF is separate to the state and the football law also did an excellent article supporting this. On top of that we have Shaheed Fatima an expert in Middle East affairs to argue our case. I accept Beloff is a worry, however ultimately his decision will have to be supported with evidence so I’m not overly concerned.

Finally on arbitration if the PL we’re happy they we’re correct, they would have just rejected the deal as their rule book dictates. They weren’t offering arbitration out of the goodness of their hearts. By going this route they thought they could kick the can down the road and it would go away. They also believed it would keep it out of the courts as arbitration is difficult to appeal.

On anti competition I think  PBP and the ESL shows what shady dealings have gone on behind the scenes. The fact the top 6 have met 40 odd times separately with the PL board, know one can tell me our takeover wasn’t discussed. Way back last year I put up articles on here that showed Liverpool and Man U had used their position to reject Don Howe’s son being elected PL CEO and hand picked Masters for the job. Paranoia and embarrassing some claimed on here, why would the PL not want us competing to make it a top 7. Respected journalists including Henry Winter are all aware that Liverpool and Spurs amongst others heavily lobbied against our takeover. Richard Masters even met with Bein but it was denied our takeover was even discussed. I am of the firm belief that disclosure will out collective lobbying under the guise that the PL should block the takeover to protect the Bein contract. This as a leading QC has intimated is illegal and I firmly believe if the CAT case is given the go ahead, we may see a settlement reached. Legal precedent dictates a lot of these anti competition cases are settled out of the courtroom due to uncertainty in the defences position. 

A final and perhaps wild card scenario is that Bein is restored and everything including legal cases being dropped falls into place in Middle East. There is nothing in PL rule book to say the state can’t own a football club and if legal cases are dropped the PL will have nothing to fall back on legally in relation to piracy.

I’ve stated all these points previously I might add. 

56 minutes ago, manorpark said:

You have absolutely no fuckin clue what’s going on. No one really does. It’s this attitude that pisses people off. 

like it or not the PL have a strong case with as just a shit hot legal team as de Marco etc and it’s a complex as fuck case that neither me or you or pretty much any one on here can begin to understand. That is why we are still here months and months down the line. 

give it a fuckin rest 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

You have absolutely no fuckin clue what’s going on. No one really does. It’s this attitude that pisses people off. 

like it or not the PL have a strong case with as just a shit hot legal team as de Marco etc and it’s a complex as fuck case that neither me or you or pretty much any one on here can begin to understand. That is why we are still here months and months down the line. 

give it a fuckin rest 

I thought you’d had enough of this thread GDM, I’d hate to see you when fully engaged again.

54 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

To be fair, Whitley doesn't even understand the difference between you're and your. 

To be fair Joey I’m still waiting for you to answer my question earlier. Go on put an opinion out there with some substance, instead of just trashing others and liking your mate Fanny’s posts.

4 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

:booboo:

Not sure why all the "positivity only" nonsense is now all over this thread. They've been spouting off for weeks about how they have their own thread for it and anyone who has doubts should keep out of it. 

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

To be fair Joey I’m still waiting for you to answer my question earlier. Go on put an opinion out there with some substance, instead of just trashing others and liking your mate Fanny’s posts.

For our own sanity Whitley, think it’s time to pop over to the other thread and hope we’re not followed😁

17 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Not sure why all the "positivity only" nonsense is now all over this thread. They've been spouting off for weeks about how they have their own thread for it and anyone who has doubts should keep out of it. 

Been wondering this myself. Probably because it's bit quiet over there as people are bored of the opinions being stated as unerring fact. 

So the usual suspects have piled in here with their annoying 'FACTS!' shite. 

Fuckin 'we know the logic' man 😂 get a grip. 

Edited by Wilson

8 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Been wondering this myself. Probably because it's bit quiet over there as people are bored of the opinions being stated as unerring fact. 

So the usual suspects have piled in here with their annoying 'FACTS!' shite. 

Fuckin 'we know the logic' man 😂 get a grip. 

I'm currently being chastised for liking posts I agree with, on a thread I was told to keep my opinions in, by people who said they wouldn't post in it. :lol:

25 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

25 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Thought this thread was for discussion whichever side of the takeover you’re on….its not exclusive to either thinking…..whilst the other thread is for the relief of us positive idiots to indulge in happy times😁…..if we don’t use this thread for discussion of both attitudes then there is nowhere to go to indulge our opinions. I quite like this thread because I can view both viewpoints and make up my own mind on where I believe the takeover stands.

It would be fair enough if it was discussing... But it's bullshit like this that makes me bite.... 

2 hours ago, manorpark said:

Absolute condescending horse shit. 

Just slating people because they aren't blindly optimistic. 

Guest reefatoon

Saturdays are always so spikey. Fella’s, it’s a gorgeous weekend of sunshine, just go and enjoy it. 

Edited by reefatoon

5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Saturdays are always so spikey. Fella’s, it’s a gorgeous weekend of sunshine, just go and enjoy it. 

Weekends suck dick, I hate the sun, love being miserable and don't appreciate you forcing your viewpoint on to me.

Save it for the blind optimism thread please

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Edited by Hhtoon

8 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I'm loving the weather today like. 

Sat in the garden while the bairns dive around the pool, shame my boredom dragged me into this cess pit earlier :lol:

On 28/05/2021 at 13:38, Jackie Broon said:

Not when they have explicitly asked for a decision to be made (which Staveley has said they did) and by refusing to make a decision the PL denied them the right to appeal.

I deal with decision making processes that are in some distant ways similar in my job, if I were to act the way the PL have, refusing to make a decision and so denying the right of appeal, I would get absolutely torn apart by the ombudsman that regulates what I do.

I see both sides of the argument in terms of the KSA being in control of the club. I'm probably about 50/50 on which way that argument will go (although I'm more confident that the PL will settle before it gets to that). But there's just no argument that the PL have behaved correctly in how they've gone about the decision making process.

Ultimately it would end up in arbitration, exactly where it is, on effectively the exact same issue: was the PL justified in determining the KSA is a director (only difference being a preliminary vs final determination)

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I'm loving the weather today like. 

Sat in the garden while the bairns dive around the pool, shame my boredom dragged me into this cess pit earlier :lol:

[emoji38] aye, not long been back in too from a cracking day out, opened a drink, had a quick look in then straight back out [emoji38]. Enjoy bud :thup:

12 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Ultimately it would end up in arbitration, exactly where it is, on effectively the exact same issue: was the PL justified in determining the KSA is a director (only difference being a preliminary vs final determination)

There's a specific appeals process for disqualification of directors (set out in rules F.13-F.22 of the PL Handbook) which the club were denied access to because the PL refused to give notice under rule F.6 that the proposed directors were disqualified (under rule F.1.1.1).

Reading through that it seems like it would be a much faster process than arbitration. Had the club failed in the appeal I suppose we could have ended up at arbitration anyway but it was completely unreasonable behaviour of the PL to block the club's access to O&D test appeal process.