Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I mean we're laughing lads. The league's source through GM said that approval was on the brink, indeed indicative approval was already given iirc. The deal is still on the table and the league haven't been informed it's withdrawn.

Everyone is of course telling the truth.

Off for some cans.

:lol:

Why am I keep seeing stuff about the league not being told?  Wasn't it said yesterday that they'd 'formally' pulled out?

I think they are preparing too. This will be more of a statement of intent to pressure the U.K. government to intervene.

Why am I keep seeing stuff about the league not being told?  Wasn't it said yesterday that they'd 'formally' pulled out?

League wouldn't be involved in the formal purchase procedure I guess.  They need to give it their approval for Newcastle to play in the Premier League but there would be nowt stopping anybody from buying the club from Ashley anyway if for whatever reason they didn't give a shit about Premier League approval.  I can't think of many scenarios where that would be the case, of course, but my guess is that nobody involved in the sale would have had to formally notify the Premier League that it was all off, other than out of courtesy so they could stop doing their tests.

I don't believe a word Charnley says.

:thup: he knows about as much as us.

He has said what his paymaster has told him to say. Nothing more.

Wouldn't believe any of them if they said the sky was blue

I reckon

Staveley 10%

Reubens 10%

PIF 74%

REDBIRD CAPITAL 6%

Doesn't spell CANS (2/10)

True enough.

Ford Motor Co. (4%)

Umbrella Corporation (4%)

Cambridge Analytica (4%)

Kellogg Company (4%)

Ocado (4%)

Fray Bentos Holdings Inc. (4%)

From Software (4%)

Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (4%)

Oxford English Dictionariers Ltd. (4%)

Universal Corporation (4%)

Serco (4%)

Morgan Stanley (4%)

Abbey Well Fizzy Water Co. (4%)

Legal & General (4%)

Lloyds Banking Group (4%)

Tupperware (4%)

Intersport GmbH (4%)

Madrox Sensible Football Investment Co. (4%)

Estee Lauder (4%)

Dell Technologies (4%)

World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (4%)

ExxonMobil (4%)

Energizer Substandard Battery Co., Inc (4%)

Brylcreem Ltd (4%)

Spotify (4%)

Y was not easy

Caulkin reckons it coming back on the table would be ‘very difficult’

Has Caulkin got owt right yet re. this takeover?

How hard is it to understand he can only report on what he’s told. Especially by Staveley

The buyers were told twice unofficially it was going to be done

Let’s say Ashley said he no longer can support us, or no longer wants too and puts us into admin.

Would the Premier League still deduct us 9 points even though he tried to sell to a willing buyer who had enough funds who they wouldn’t approve? The answer is yes and an indication of how fucked up the system is.

I honestly hope the takeover goes through and we once and for all pull all the football rules which prevent open competition. Fucking disgrace.

Interestingly, if Ashley put the club in to administration, resulting in a points deduction - we might be relegated (but we'd need an 11+ point deduction).  If we were relegated as a result of that deduction, the NUFC takeover would no longer be subjected to the O&D Test, as the sale would be under the jurisdiction of the EFL and not the Premier League.

I'd accept this option in a heartbeat - a season in the Championship to get rid of Ashley and have PIF owning us, how quickly do you need your arm back after I snap it off?

Would go on to next season now. Maybe we can offer to swap places with Bournemouth or Watford?

I don't think we are obliged to play in the PL. PIF could easily have bought the club despite whatever conclusion the PL reached and played in whatever league Newcastle would be sent to as a consequence of not being approved by the PL. It is the buyers that wanted a condition in the purchase that it is only subject to PL approval which is fair enough.

Caulkin hasn't speculated or revealed anything beyond what the buyer's side was telling him. Dunno why folks can't get their heads around this. ???

His take has been useful, but he's never claimed to have the inside track on the Premier League's gears which, since 9th April, is where the battleground has been - not in the boardroom with representatives between Ashley and Staveley. There's no independent party who can claim to know the precise ins and outs of the PL's process.

How hard is it to understand he can only report on what he’s told. Especially by Staveley

I already understood it and my question still remains.

Has he made any predictions to get right or wrong?. He’s only reported what he’s been told. You clearly don’t understand

Caulkin hasn't speculated or revealed anything beyond what the buyer's side was telling him. Dunno why folks can't get their heads around this. ???

His take has been useful, but he's never claimed to have the inside track on the Premier League's gears which, since 9th April, is where the battleground has been - not in the boardroom with representatives between Ashley and Staveley. There's no independent party who can claim to know the precise ins and outs of the PL's process.

Still waiting for Wallsendmag to tell us everything he got wrong during this process tbh

I think Staveley has just been feeding him stories. A decision to pull out of a 300m investment doesn't happen in a day regardless of how much money the investors have. Yes it's peanuts to PIF, but it's still a very substantial amount of money.

Hell it took my company a month to decide to withdraw a 5K investment which would have made them over 200K within 2 years, and that's without having to deal with external pressures or different partners

Exactly this. I've followed a lot of his tweets and some of the podcasts he has been involved in and have felt that all his answers have been reasonably measured and usually caveated quite carefully. Yes its frustrating that he didn't seem to have any upfront knowledge about yesterdays announcement, but he wasn't the only one.

Has he made any predictions to get right or wrong. He’s only reported what he’s been told. You clearly don’t understand

I do understand.

He's informed by the buyers. He reports what the buyers say.

Buyers got it wrong and thus Caulkin got it wrong. So, has Caulkin got anything right re. this takeover?

Was his comment about it being "very difficult" to get this deal back on the table a personal opinion or something he's been informed of from the buyers?