Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Is it not possible that everything doesn't actually revolve around NUFC? I fear I come accross as super negative, I am pretty upset it didnt go through cos quite frankly wasting their money on a football club and all the money for the area feels impossible to turn down but this push that anything bad about saudi arabia is propaganda against us is a bit daft. Not saying everyone else is saints btw but still, not going to win this fight on 'actually MBS is a swell guy' card

Is it not possible that everything doesn't actually revolve around NUFC? I fear I come accross as super negative, I am pretty upset it didnt go through cos quite frankly wasting their money on a football club and all the money for the area feels impossible to turn down but this push that anything bad about saudi arabia is propaganda against us is a bit daft. Not saying everyone else is saints btw but still, not going to win this fight on 'actually MBS is a swell guy' card

Don’t think anybody is proclaiming MBS is a swell guy.

The whole sale thing has highlighted just how bent the epl is, highlighting there links to the Qatari government through Barclays Bank, Richard Keys being feed information against NDA,s. The interference from the top 6 clubs and the effects this has on all the other teams in the league.

In my eyes at the expense of the sale of out club I’m glad this is happening.

No we’re not but until the U.K. stops dealing with them, why should this deal be a line in the sand. If it was and the Saudis weren’t allowed to invest in anything else in the U.K. fair enough, however we know that’s bull s*** and they will continue to trade and invest in U.K. Why should our city be the one to miss out on millions, just because certain organisations see this deal as a high profile easy target.

The whole sale thing has highlighted just how bent the epl is, highlighting there links to the Qatari government through Barclays Bank

This is one of the dafter angles (and they're all pretty daft) being pushed.

There doesn't need to be any shadowy links between the Premier League and Qatar - Qatar pump 100s of millions of pounds into the Premier League's coffers every year as a result of the beIN deal. That's the financial link that's important and it's in the public domain. Everything else is conspiratorial fantasy that will come to absolutely nothing.

No we’re not but until the U.K. stops dealing with them, why should this deal be a line in the sand. If it was and the Saudis weren’t allowed to invest in anything else in the U.K. fair enough, however we know that’s bull s*** and they will continue to trade and invest in U.K. Why should our city be the one to miss out on millions, just because certain organisations see this deal as a high profile easy target.

I agree, it is picking out this unethical investment. The thing of it is rather than broad ethics being issue mind it does seem to be specifically the piracy issue. And again how the premier league have dealt with this has been absurd, I am just not hugely optimistic of this being resolvable.

The whole sale thing has highlighted just how bent the epl is, highlighting there links to the Qatari government through Barclays Bank

There doesn't need to be any shadowy links between the Premier League and Qatar - Qatar pump 100s of millions of pounds into the Premier League's coffers every year as a result of the beIN deal. That's the financial link that's important and it's in the public domain. Everything else is conspiratorial fantasy that will come to absolutely nothing.

This. People seem to think that it's illegitimate for the premier league to listen to concerns of a major customer. Of course they do, it's not shady it's the real world and if say some business i was in a long term contract did formed a partnership with someone who was stealing from me, of course it would be a problem.

Tbf, Penis is definitely right there. The conspiracy thing ia overdone, they're literally a media partner of the Premier League and the PL will be acting in their own and their partner's own interest more than anything.

I agree, it is picking out this unethical investment. The thing of it is rather than broad ethics being issue mind it does seem to be specifically the piracy issue. And again how the premier league have dealt with this has been absurd, I am just not hugely optimistic of this being resolvable.

I still wonder if the Saudis hadn’t banned bein would this have gone through, the ownership structure just sounds like a convenient technicality.

How you doing Luke ?

Still full of shit

Yeah maybe. Does anyone know if an owner fails the test is that fixed forever? As mentioned earlier I would have had more respect if PL had just failed it quickly and said come back in a year if you've sorted out piracy, would at least leave everyone knowing where they stand.

Yeah maybe. Does anyone know if an owner fails the test is that fixed forever? As mentioned earlier I would have had more respect if PL had just failed it quickly and said come back in a year if you've sorted out piracy, would at least leave everyone knowing where they stand.

Southampton managed to fix there’s after a failed first attempt

Tbf, Penis is definitely right there. The conspiracy thing overdone, they're literally a media partner of the Premier League and the PL will be acting in their own and their partner's own interest more than anything.

Where a member of the EPL and contribute as well you know, there where not acting in our interests.

Tbf, Penis is definitely right there. The conspiracy thing overdone, they're literally a media partner of the Premier League and the PL will be acting in their own and their partner's own interest more than anything.

Rather support your media partner than your member?

Guest neesy111

Woah, stop talking sense.

Hi Luke, appears you've swooped in to pick apart a post (maybe rightly) and avoid any other discussion.

Why not stick around and actually converse with people? You've called people at every opportunity without ever clarifying why you speak from such a position of authority.