Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I was feeling positive that this could be resolved until I read this article. Quite sobering.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/takeover-who-is-to-blame/

If Piracy was the issue why didnt the PL reject the takeover after a month and why did they give them an unofficial nod of approval early on in the process? Something changed from an outside source (Bein, other PL clubs) and that's what it stinks of.

Seems its destined to just fizzle into nothing again.  We won't get anything from the premier league.

Exactly this, they are waiting for this to all blow over and it will despite the brilliant efforts, PIF arent making much effort to get back on board and call them out mind , need them back at the table or this effort is a non starter

There is no way PIF will play this out in public outside a proxy-war, and they have already started one.

I was feeling positive that this could be resolved until I read this article. Quite sobering.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/takeover-who-is-to-blame/

If Piracy was the issue why didnt the PL reject the takeover after a month and why did they give them an unofficial nod of approval early on in the process? Something changed from an outside source (Bein, other PL clubs) and that's what it stinks of.

Because despite what keeps being posted. The piracy charge isn’t actual proven to be linked to either the Saudi state or the Pif.

I imagine this is why they can’t reject it based upon this. It’s entirely possible the Piracy issue is the deal breaker mind but as it’s unproven rejecting due to this seems like a legal minefield hence the stasis.

Surely after the now national exposure the PL would need to crawl out of their hole if the Saudis get back to the table ?

Is it not as simple as that or do the PL get let off now? Theres no way they will say anything now,they dont have to.

Tbf, Penis is definitely right there. The conspiracy thing ia overdone, they're literally a media partner of the Premier League and the PL will be acting in their own and their partner's own interest more than anything.

If they’re found guilty of bribery next month in caught, I hope the Premier League does the honourable thing and cancel the deal, or at least refuse to renew next year.

The whole sale thing has highlighted just how bent the epl is, highlighting there links to the Qatari government through Barclays Bank

This is one of the dafter angles (and they're all pretty daft) being pushed.

There doesn't need to be any shadowy links between the Premier League and Qatar - Qatar pump 100s of millions of pounds into the Premier League's coffers every year as a result of the beIN deal. That's the financial link that's important and it's in the public domain. Everything else is conspiratorial fantasy that will come to absolutely nothing.

I think this is very fair and makes a lot of sense.

The logical conclusion therefore is simply to reject the takeover, surely. I'd (genuinely) be interested Penn[/member] to hear why you think the PL never reached that decision.

I think it's unfair to belittle people simply because, in the face of the lack of communication (and seemingly, the logical decision) from the PL, they are trying to work out what is going on with their club.

I think it would be good if Amanda / the consortium would come out publicly and thank the fans for all their efforts over the last week, possibly with some indication as to the current situation and their thoughts as to what happens next.

I think it would be good if Amanda / the consortium would come out publicly and thank the fans for all their efforts over the last week, possibly with some indication as to the current situation and their thoughts as to what happens next.

Hopefully the lack of subsequent comments from the bidding side since last Thursday/Friday means there's some accuracy in what Rocker[/member] posted, and dialogue between the bidders and the PL has resumed, and as such the NDA is back in play?

#Clutching

I've learnt from history that thinking that things are going on in the background because we aren't hearing anything isn't the beacon of hope that we all want it to be.

I think it usually means that nothing is going on.

(subconsciously looking for the reverse jinx there :lol:)

i wonder why some famous toon fans aren't getting behind this? like Harmison and deffo ant and dec when the whole world know they are geordies

Has anyone asked them to? As in Tweeted them direct or emailed their management companies. Or do do you think they check on here regularly or the NUFC # :lol:

Our lot decending Saudi Arabia on Twitter...

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'm not on twitter, but it was inevitable that a few idiots would go to those lengths. And now of course everybody else will be putting the 80,000 signatories in the same bracket as the 120 morons on Twitter.

I'm not on twitter, but it was inevitable that a few idiots would go to those lengths. And now of course everybody else will be putting the 80,000 signatories in the same bracket as the 120 morons on Twitter.

Aye, pretty much.

Basically there's a minority leaping to the defence of Saudi, with any negative news story that's published. This business in Canada being the latest example.

Guest neesy111

Aye, pretty much.

Basically there's a minority leaping to the defence of Saudi, with any negative news story that's published. This business in Canada being the latest example.

Some of our fans think the world revolves around NUFC.